High Cbd/low Thc

Johnthecaregiver

not high cbd, but cbd only as a 'medical marijuana program' is a bad idea, since it does not relieve everyones problems.

you may want to try juicing fresh cannabis leaves. it should contain less active thc, and not make you as 'high' as vape/smoke will. while still providing anti-inflammatory and pain relief.

When juicing, you use the fresh plant material without decarboxilation, therefore, there should be very little or no active thc content. 

WARNING:  I understand that the taste is hardly palatable so it is advisable to mix with ???.

not high cbd, but cbd only as a 'medical marijuana program' is a bad idea, since it does not relieve everyones problems.

you may want to try juicing fresh cannabis leaves. it should contain less active thc, and not make you as 'high' as vape/smoke will. while still providing anti-inflammatory and pain relief.

I appreciate your explanations. Being a newbie to mm however, could you explain "juicing"... Also, I don't grow, just consume, so I don't know where to get cannabis leaves?

Lastly I've been reading about the Harlequin strain & am wondering if anyone's used it? Is it available in MI?

a juicer, ya know, like vegetable juice, like v8?

its a kitchen appliance like a blender. except its sole purpose is to seperate juice from pulp of carrots, apples etc.

dont feel bad about asking. it took me at least a year to memorize all the names and lingo this whole situation requires.

where to get fresh marijuana leaf? from wherever you consume it from... just start asking for fresh leaves.

Why do you say high CBD is dangerous? I've been reading about Cannatonic, Cannatonic X, and Harlequin and they sound like they might be what I'm looking for.

I'm new to mm & using it via a vape. I have severe arthritis & am always in pain. I've found that the strains most helpful also make me somewhat high which prevents me from functioning. That's fine in the evening but not during the day. That's why my interest in these strains...not that I've found them! Can you elaborate on your post? Thanks!

I have a patient who gets great relief from a cbd thc mix I have another patient with epilepsy who prefers the v high cbd and v low thc. Different things work for different illnesses and people./

a juicer, ya know, like vegetable juice, like v8?

its a kitchen appliance like a blender. except its sole purpose is to seperate juice from pulp of carrots, apples etc.

dont feel bad about asking. it took me at least a year to memorize all the names and lingo this whole situation requires.

where to get fresh marijuana leaf? from wherever you consume it from... just start asking for fresh leaves.

Thanks, I DO often need a translator. After spending $$ on a Pax, Volcano AND supplies....I'll hold off on the juicer & stick to my

V8 or Mr & Mrs. T mix. I did do some reading up on making my own tincture, but I think I'll hold off possibly pursuing that until I've

more experience. I just got Mistic sublingual spray, but it burns horribly even if it will work, so I don't know....

Keeping the CBD thread alive...

I really want to knock the body upside the head (!) with some of those golly gosh heavy duty anti-inflammatory cannabinoids and once again am on a quest for a regular high dose of CBD with minimal psychoactive effects. 

One of these days you'll be able to buy a hundred 500 mg CBD caps from Swanson for $4.99 (buy 1 get 1 free).

Though my own preferences are to grow & juice.

But until then, I'm wondering if something like Cibdex 500mg CBD Hemp Oil 2oz. at $40 would be worth it. (But Real Scientific Hemp Oil 15-19% - 10 g for $549?? WTF??) 

Thoughts? Along similar lines, anyone care to share their experiences vaping high CBD / low THC cannabis?

Keeping the CBD thread alive...

I really want to knock the body upside the head (!) with some of those golly gosh heavy duty anti-inflammatory cannabinoids and once again am on a quest for a regular high dose of CBD with minimal psychoactive effects. 

One of these days you'll be able to buy a hundred 500 mg CBD caps from Swanson for $4.99 (buy 1 get 1 free).

Though my own preferences are to grow & juice.

But until then, I'm wondering if something like Cibdex 500mg CBD Hemp Oil 2oz. at $40 would be worth it. (But Real Scientific Hemp Oil 15-19% - 10 g for $549?? WTF??) 

Thoughts? Along similar lines, anyone care to share their experiences vaping high CBD / low THC cannabis?

I vape cannatonic #4 oil.  It works for me.  Almost instant pain relief, although results are greatly dependent upon dosage.  Pain relief doesn't seem to last more that 2hrs for extreme (migraine) pain.  I would also insist that very large doses will give some type of psychoactivitey but I'm not sure if its from the CBD or the THC (there is some THC in all of the very high CBD strains)

hey everyone. i am beginning a project that involves extra flowering time on strains with high thc content to try and produce high CBD strains. looking for input on the subject. does anyone have any experience with this? Does all the THC eventually turn to CBD if you leave it in the room long enough? Is this considered "ruining" your meds. thanks for any help

hey everyone. i am beginning a project that involves extra flowering time on strains with high thc content to try and produce high CBD strains. looking for input on the subject. does anyone have any experience with this? Does all the THC eventually turn to CBD if you leave it in the room long enough? Is this considered "ruining" your meds. thanks for any help

Sorry but you are on the wrong track. THC degrades into CBN not CBD. The CBD is either there or it is not. You will get plants with less of a cerebral effect and ore of a "couch lock" effect. They both have their place. You need a high cbd strain.

I have 2 very nice high CBD strains.  I am a patient and caregiver.  I am the only one that I grow for that is interested in them.  I thought it would be a wonderful option for my patients.  Cannatonic #4 and Tora Bora.  

I have also been reading a lot about Harlequin. I so need something that will handle my pain AND allow me to function out in the world.

I have some Cannatonic...not bad but I still can't walk more than a very short distance without pain and without feeling somewhat dizzy. I have severe OA in both feet, total spine...have had 10 surgeries since 2000, including 4 foot reconstructions, bilateral knee replacements & a total reverse shoulder replacement. And for what? Without being able to stand & walk without pain, most of these surgeries are compromised.

I'm short on money and have turned to MM in hopes that it will be my salvation. But I have found that effective strains and availability are extremely limited. I would love information and help for the high CBDs.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, I'm a fish outa water here but stumbled across this thread doing a search for high cbd/low thc capsules in Michigan.

We're in Grand Rapids and have interest in this for our 11yr old daughter who suffers from severe autism. I thought I'd see if anybody is still checking this topic and might have helpful info.

To answer one question that someone in this thread has about the market for this rich in cbd strains. I would think the market is quite high. Especially due to the work the Stanley Brothers have done in Colorado with their Charlotte's Web strain. Familys are moving there in order to become a patient. I do not wish to do that !

I do not understand your industry or all of the terminolgy but am trying . . . . just a dad trying to find some peace for his little girl.

Thanks,

jalan

In Mi a minor must register only a parent as their grower caregiver. You will be most interested in the botanical extract of the plant most likely. this extract can be tailored specifically to raise cbd and lower thc surely, without the need for strain chasing. Unless you grow your own you'll be at the mercy of rogue suppliers. Names are not patented and are faked all day. Lab tests, whole plant extraction, solventless extraction, are terms to become familiar with. A hydroponic approach to growing will net a more consistent result, with a cleaner room to operate in.  

In Mi a minor must register only a parent as their grower caregiver. You will be most interested in the botanical extract of the plant most likely. this extract can be tailored specifically to raise cbd and lower thc surely, without the need for strain chasing. Unless you grow your own you'll be at the mercy of rogue suppliers. Names are not patented and are faked all day. Lab tests, whole plant extraction, solventless extraction, are terms to become familiar with. A hydroponic approach to growing will net a more consistent result, with a cleaner room to operate in.  

Thanks, grassmatch. Looks like I have some more studying to do. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Hi all, I'm a fish outa water here but stumbled across this thread doing a search for high cbd/low thc capsules in Michigan.

We're in Grand Rapids and have interest in this for our 11yr old daughter who suffers from severe autism. I thought I'd see if anybody is still checking this topic and might have helpful info.

did you already get a medical card , or at least a recommendation for medical marijuana from a dr for your child?

to get a card for a minor , you have to get two different doctors to sign off on the application.

forms and more info on qualifying conditions are available here http://www.michigan.gov/mmp

most people will not sell you cbd oil unless you have a card.

i agree its way cheaper to grow your own and make the oil on your own.

Edited by t-pain

did you already get a medical card , or at least a recommendation for medical marijuana from a dr for your child?

to get a card for a minor , you have to get two different doctors to sign off on the application.

forms and more info on qualifying conditions are available here http://www.michigan.gov/mmp

most people will not sell you cbd oil unless you have a card.

i agree its way cheaper to grow your own and make the oil on your own.

Thanks for your comments.

No card for her yet as I am just seeing if all of this is even possible - doing due diligence first, then execution.

So is it quite difficult to make/extract the oil ?

How do I grow plants with high cbd/low thc ?

I have way too many questions. I think I can get two DR's sign offs. Greater issue is my lack of a green thumb.

Thanks much and I am open to any other thoughts comments !

Jorge Cervantes medical marijuana grow bible leaves no stone unturned. it costs $25 on amazon

Grow proven medical strains with full bodied expressions and little worries of cbd/thc content.

search for my essential tools of the trade thread and acquire a percolator, and a dry sifter, follow directions.

You wont need to produce oil necessarily. Your room design may be the most important first

step to growing your own. You wont need much space really, like a grow tent or two in a closet.

There will be members here who will point you in the right direction for strain choices, clones, seeds.

Pay close attention to your dedicated drying area, as described in that book

these are my opinions only. I am not even that smart, I just read a lot of books, and ignore a lot of internet advice :blink:

Jorge Cervantes medical marijuana grow bible leaves no stone unturned. it costs $25 on amazon

Grow proven medical strains with full bodied expressions and little worries of cbd/thc content.

search for my essential tools of the trade thread and acquire a percolator, and a dry sifter, follow directions.

You wont need to produce oil necessarily. Your room design may be the most important first

step to growing your own. You wont need much space really, like a grow tent or two in a closet.

There will be members here who will point you in the right direction for strain choices, clones, seeds.

Pay close attention to your dedicated drying area, as described in that book

these are my opinions only. I am not even that smart, I just read a lot of books, and ignore a lot of internet advice :blink:

Excellent !  Thank you.

So is it quite difficult to make/extract the oil ?

It can be as easy as making your coffee in the morning. The hard part is having the product to make it out of. Most all strains make good enough oil for you to start testing with your patient to see what might work. You could get lucky with your patient and find that the very first strain you grow helps. Don't take anyone's word for what is going to help your patient. Everyone is different and we get a lot of unconfirmed hype about what some folks grow or have for sale. I would be careful of claims like, "This is definitely what you need". 

• 2 weeks later...

Jalan, to answer your original question, yes, there are places you can get CBD capsules, both CBD/THC combos, and CBD "only" caps.  I tend to see them more in the Ann Arbor dispensaries, same with high CBD strains.  Definitely growing and extracting them yourself would be the cheapest option, but depending on the dosages you need, purchasing them could be a viable alternative.  Either way, you definitely need to get the card before you take any action.