Hypothetical - Co2 Extraction Systems

p8ient0

Let's say a patient/caregiver invests 50-75 K in a CO2 Extraction system like this:

http://www.apekssupercritical.com

Would there be interest in having this as a service?  Like small farms growing corn just hire someone to come in with a combine for harvest and the the combine moves on to the next farm.

Would this be legal?

Very interested in seeing what the response is.

.... and would require a permit to operate legally most likely.. the safety measures taken are over the top, steel caged room, etc. The pressures used are crazy.

then you have the part where you can only sell the oil to your five patients. Any more than that is illegal.

wanna try it in Colorado ?   I'm listening......

Let's say a patient/caregiver invests 50-75 K in a CO2 Extraction system like this:

http://www.apekssupercritical.com

Would there be interest in having this as a service?  Like small farms growing corn just hire someone to come in with a combine for harvest and the the combine moves on to the next farm.

Would this be legal?

Very interested in seeing what the response is.

Let me elaborate a bit.  I'm not looking to sell the oil.  Rather, I'm looking to do the extraction as a service for caregivers and patients.  Just like you would hire someone to come in with a combine and harvest your corn.  You pay them to do the harvest but you keep the corn to do with as you please.

From what I've read, its hard to discern where the legal line is.  The idea of a mobile unit saves the patient/caregivers from hauling their unprocessed meds to a facility and possible police action but at the same time, they may not want the exposure of the service provider to know where their garden is.  You know, the more people know about it, the less secure it is.

I'm just looking to brainstorm ideas on how to make a living in the cannabis industry - not get rich, just pay my bills.

for but a moment you will be required to be in possession of medical marijuana not intended for the relief of your patients. You could theoretically allow your customers to actually possess and operate the device. You also would need to look at (DEA)legality of performing these extractions, not for recent findings, but old ones. If just one officer misunderstood your intentions you would lose the device, and possibly never get it back. scary, risky, and how much money will someone actually pay you to extract a pound of product?  the operating costs of the device, peripheral needs, safety devices, and transportation need consideration. maybe another state? folks around here barely can afford to grow their own. Your largest clientele may be the black market. association is a consideration too.

The legal geniuses at our Court of Appeals have ruled extracts to be illegal because of their "heightened potency". This would probably not be a good time to make an investment of that size. Hopefully the Supreme Court will hear the case soon and give the COA a good spanking again.

By excluding resin from the definition of “usable marihuana,” as contrasted with the definition of “marihuana,” and defining “usable marihuana” to mean only “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof,” MCL 333.26423(k) (emphasis added), the drafters clearly expressed its intent not to include resin, or a mixture or preparation of resin, within the definition of “usable marihuana.” It therefore expressed its intent not to include a mixture or preparation of an extract of resin.

Given the heightened potency of the THC extract, as compared with “the dried leaves and flowers,” this definition of “usable marihuana” (for purposes of establishing limited section 4 immunity) strikes us as a sound and reasoned mechanism to promote the “health and welfare of [Michigan] citizens.” It also provides an essential mechanism for implementing the voters’ desire to continue prosecutions for possession and use of marijuana in excess of that which is permitted for “medical use.”

Read what these buffoons had to say here;

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130711_C309987_37_309987.OPN_.pdf

Edited by Wild Bill