Lhb's Hydro Setup?

AbominableDro-Man

Wondering if anyone makes these? I had seen that LHB had made a couple but I'm not sure if he's active on the forums anymore to ask, thus I'm asking those of you who are more construction savvy. I'd be more than willing to pay, I'd just need rough estimates etc. (Before you ask, no, it isn't something I can do myself, I suck at this sort of stuff. Hard.)

I never got him to respond. Must just be because im me. Lol oh well. Or it could be from the time i got the testers and they were stolen not even a day later. Felt really bad, my silly billy left them on the table when i got home, had a meet with someone i thought was a good guy, they disappeared. The thought of em never even crossed my mind until after.

I have seen these and wonder why not just take one big reservoir, i.e. 100 gallon (53"x53" x 13"), put a lid on it with 4 holes, five inch holes for net pots (one in each corner. Add air stones and a circulating pump and you are done with all the interconnecting hardware and potential for leakage.

You can even add an auto fill section in the center. Just take a 5 gallon bucket, cut the bottom off so it is the 13" height of the reservoir (the bucket will also act to support the lid). drill some holes in the bucket and add a float valve inside it (need to isolated it to keep the roots from fouling it).

yea nice, but it will give me a head ache before I get a crop lol!

In no way am I saying dwc is not a great effective way to grow, it is just to difficult for me!  I know alot of peeps doing it and they have as good or better mm than alot of people!

It seemed everytime I turned around I needed to spend more $ pretty much like any grower who starts out with the bare minumum, if your going to get into it, Talk to a grower who is well established in the deep water culture growing, make sure you get your equip that you need from the get go, even if it means one thing at a time, it is very important to have the right equip and time to work with your garden,  But the most important is the right growing equipment!  and also dont get to depressed if you lose your first grow, or if you do great on your first and your 2nd goes to heck! Commit your self and it wont take as long as you or I think, and in the end It will be worth it to You!

Peace

nice idea, however you'll need to factor in the super oxygen enrichment found only when this water is moving and thrashing about, not just bubbling. I can already see the drum being retrofitted, even inside, to accomplish this.....I'm loving it, awesome idea ! nice

You are correct that a circulating system that moved and thrashed the water about would add O2, but the system shown seems to have all the water circulation lines submerged (disclaimer: I have not see this actual set up). If they are indeed submerged, there is no O2 transfer. One can improve the O2 transfer by redirecting the circulating pump to discharge thru spray heads instead of just circulating. You want the water level to be just below the bottom of the net pot so you have a nice big open space under the lid to direct the spray without worrying about it spraying all over.

This is htg supply, I have no affiliasion with this company, other than they got to use my $ in their sales  now and than!

Im posting the site for people who would like to price compare, The on gm put in matches prices!

Im not sure if that one has a mich store, htg has a few one in lansing and one in taylor!

Ive ordered everything online!

http://www.htgsupply.com/Category-Fluorescent-Grow-Lights

Also think about ebay, im not sure about craigslist, but I know ebay will refund your $ if you are not satisfied, no matter who sold it to you on ebay, pay pal will also, so with a pay pal card you are garunteed your refund if not happy!

Good luck on your grow!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

those systems WILL NOT grow better meds than a dwc, flood/drain, top feed, system etc.

They will however produce maybe the fastest largest growth in veg comparatively.

If I could sell medical marijuana to a dispensary this is the technique I would use to grow their supply.

All the while, my patients would continue to enjoy my worm fed organic soil garden bounty.

yea nice, but it will give me a head ache before I get a crop lol!

In no way am I saying dwc is not a great effective way to grow, it is just to difficult for me!  I know alot of peeps doing it and they have as good or better mm than alot of people!

It seemed everytime I turned around I needed to spend more $ pretty much like any grower who starts out with the bare minumum, if your going to get into it, Talk to a grower who is well established in the deep water culture growing, make sure you get your equip that you need from the get go, even if it means one thing at a time, it is very important to have the right equip and time to work with your garden,  But the most important is the right growing equipment!  and also dont get to depressed if you lose your first grow, or if you do great on your first and your 2nd goes to heck! Commit your self and it wont take as long as you or I think, and in the end It will be worth it to You!

Peace

Trix, I posted the thing about me not being able to do it do to my limits with the constructive mindset for a specific reason. That reason being: I do not build things well. They fall apart. Regardless of step by step procedures. 

And Jimminy-Christmas Batman did this thread blow up throughout the day.

Grass, you're spot on with that diagram that you found of that current culture system, that is exactly (more or less) what I'm looking for. Though I wont pretend to understand any of the things you and semi are saying back and forth.

Also, LHB, it's nice to meet you, read through your lab journal and though it was great, though I cannot make heads or tails of some things, I'm sure I'll learn as I go. However, on the matter at hand, do you make systems as a business by chance?

Phaq that's exactly why I'm trying to knock this bad boy out of the way, the sooner I can find a system or someone that I can convince to make one in exchange for the precious green monies, the sooner I can get my stuff on the move.

the pipes are not filled completely with water when circulating. I've see the 02 numbers of the solution when running. I've never been able to create that much o2 in water without injecting liquid oxygen.

The air bubbles, as you probably know, have very little to do with adding o2, except when they burst at the surface, and agitates the water, where 02 enters it.

The water moves violently through these tubes and froths up nice. I suppose one could add baffles and such to improve on the design....but honestly, I'm still looking at the all in one 55 drum idea.....I hate leaks, did I say I Hate water leaks !!   My wet/dry vac has been retired for a couple yrs, now that all the hydro trays are stacked in the attic !

You are correct that a circulating system that moved and thrashed the water about would add O2, but the system shown seems to have all the water circulation lines submerged (disclaimer: I have not see this actual set up). If they are indeed submerged, there is no O2 transfer. One can improve the O2 transfer by redirecting the circulating pump to discharge thru spray heads instead of just circulating. You want the water level to be just below the bottom of the net pot so you have a nice big open space under the lid to direct the spray without worrying about it spraying all over.

I'd certainly consider it. Sort of the back up plan. I have a third plan, but that would include scrapping hydro and going to dirt to start out.

Not a bad way to go, very different process.

I believe dirt is easier and more forgiving than hydro, but i learned with hydro even before the internet.

These days there is a wealth of information at your fingertips.

If you put half the effort into growing that you have put into this board to get ready, you will do fine either way.

I'd heard that dirt was described that way, as being a little more forgiving/easier, but I can never be sure how to really classify info on the internet as being someone opinion, or being an actual fact. I've noticed a lot of folks with that particular mindset though. I guess dirt is just harder for me for some reason haha.

The large res idea seems kinda interesting, like a massive DWC pot kinda. Something to possibly think about for the future as well

I hear ya gm, Im a lazy grower I went back to dirt lmao!,   I thought I would put another co out there for lights or what ever peeps need, I guess they also have one in roseville now and another place, I havent had to purchase anything from online lately, I have a pretty good grow store near me in omar! and when a light bulb goes if I dont have an extra I can have one in less than an hr at that store!

Peace

large reservoir=large flood

I'd heard that dirt was described that way, as being a little more forgiving/easier, but I can never be sure how to really classify info on the internet as being someone opinion, or being an actual fact. I've noticed a lot of folks with that particular mindset though. I guess dirt is just harder for me for some reason haha.

The large res idea seems kinda interesting, like a massive DWC pot kinda. Something to possibly think about for the future as well