Sf Organics Liquid Fish Fertilizer 2-2-0 For Organic Hydro?

in the grow store a rep was giving free samples and rep said, "in hydro, use 40 or 50 to 1 and don't let temps get hot cause the stuff will stink."   it looks to me that those are the directions on the website for use on a lawn?

and on the website it calls the liquid fish in a bottle 'plant food', which seems diff from fertilizer?

is the stuff nothing more than a super shot of nitrogen?  or a complete nute?

Edited by pic book

Really? I think they all work well with a top feed/promix type medium. I never adjusted ph with any, unless I was bubbling it, dwc, recirc, flood/drain, etc. But drain to waste was always a pleasure. I personally am not a "drain to waste" guy.

This one was the top performer of every organic I could find online/@store no matter the hydro system, but when bubbling deficiencies/lockout and root rot developed every time eventually, but it didn't stink either

41RHI4FEQwL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

Agree with Zap on this one. I have tried lots of organics in hydro and nothing but slime which lead to stunted growth and/or death.

Really? I think they all work well with a top feed/promix type medium. I never adjusted ph with any, unless I was bubbling it, dwc, recirc, flood/drain, etc. But drain to waste was always a pleasure. I personally am not a "drain to waste" guy.

This one was the top performer of every organic I could find online/@store no matter the hydro system, but when bubbling deficiencies/lockout and root rot developed every time eventually, but it didn't stink either

41RHI4FEQwL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

What is the name of this stuff and the manufacturer's name? I can't read the label. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

this stuff per label, is only a t spoon in a gallon of water--nonetheless, the juice, mixed up, has, at times, a hint of fish odor.  i left a 5 gallon bucket stand a week, no smell but that room is only 79f.  what will it be at 85f in summer?  that may not matter a bit whatever it would do.  my res stays 63f.    

i notice upon the juice standing, tiny oily yellow 'drops'.  is that from the process called 'hydrolysate' on the site?  wish they showed guys catching fish or a factory processing fish, or making the nutrient 'batter'. i wanna see how the oil got there.  naturally from fish?  don't know but it slightly makes my hands oily.  cleans up with soap and water. 1 tsp in gallon water is doing clones great in soil.   in soil, in flower?  the 2-2-2 really greened up--at 30 days flower--cherry puff and master og, forbidden fruit a shade less.  makes me wonder, nitrogen overloading?  they are just so dark bright green... but, is that even possible on 2-2-2, at 275 ppm?  and my ppm meter shows only 275 ppm when mixed to label specs.  i'm still skittish to dump the prescribed 40-50 drops per gallon into my 130 gallons hydro because, it is fish.   i think, is there gonna be slime stinking up in 3 weeks?.,.if i do, it will be the 1st time i've tried organic hydro......there was a second sample, different, fish bones he said, ground up,  in a flat container and looks like snuff...haven't done anything with that yet.  let me do one fishy story at a time...

Edited by pic book

• 4 weeks later...

what is 'hydrolysate' that 100 ppm of this stuff gives results=900 ppm of salts.  is this generally true of organics?   

as to odor, nearly none after running in res 5 weeks, just a slight slipperiness/oiliness to the touch.

and at 100ppm no sign of deficiencies in clones, mothers or flowers.

Fish hydroslylate reads low because it is protein which stays electrically neutral rather than dissolved salts which break apart to form charged ions. When the fish hydrosylate is consumed in the soil by microorganisms, their waste is ionic, which can be absorbed by the plant.

ZAP PhD in motion=the mysteries of hydrolysate reading 100.  Thanks zap.