Driving With Others While Transporting Medication

J912

Upon being pulled over I meant if the officer asks if there is anything he should know about and you say no and they find medical marijuana you think that's going to end well for those not wearing badges?

I don't feel that it's any of his business what medications I have in my car. I wouldn't tell him about a prescription bottle of Vicoden in my car.

Is there anything he should know about? No.

Assuming they do find it my card says that I am within my rights to possess it. Whether or not LEO knew about my possession before he searched is irrelevant.

Has anyone of you thought about how Law Enforcement looks at the perception of a "LOCKED BOX"  in an automobile???? What do you think is going to be his first thought?   GUN,,,,,,,,,,,,ILLEAGLE DRUGS..........MONEY...........   How does a locked box protect you? I would rather follow the LAW. I carry in a small cooler or a lunch box, to just fly under the radar.  If you read the hunting laws on transporting firearms in your vehicle you will see where they got the wording for this carry law.

but the law says you have to tell the officer of your registry status if or when he asks I believe. I was always taught to lie or avoid answers as much as possible when accused of anything by a police officer. do not provide evidence to be used against you. let them compile enough evidence all on their own to arrest you. and don't admit anything for a hopeful break, it wont happen. police routinely lie about cutting slack while you admit guilt.

telling the truth about my status if I got pulled over, especially if I was not transporting would be very difficult for me to do, as I am concerned about an obvious(to me) data base construction issue.

I don't feel that it's any of his business what medications I have in my car. I wouldn't tell him about a prescription bottle of Vicoden in my car.

Is there anything he should know about? No.

Assuming they do find it my card says that I am within my rights to possess it. Whether or not LEO knew about my possession before he searched is irrelevant.

but the law says you have to tell the officer of your registry status if or when he asks I believe. I was always taught to lie or avoid answers as much as possible when accused of anything by a police officer. do not provide evidence to be used against you. let them compile enough evidence all on their own to arrest you. and don't admit anything for a hopeful break, it wont happen. police routinely lie about cutting slack while you admit guilt.

telling the truth about my status if I got pulled over, especially if I was not transporting would be very difficult for me to do, as I am concerned about an obvious(to me) data base construction issue.

Never lie to the police, it only causes more trouble. You can refuse to answer, but don't lie. Try to keep your answers to "yes" and "no" whenever possible.

You could always emulate that great Alzheimer's addled statesman, Ronald Reagan, who frequently responded with, "I don't recall".

(I'm old enough to play that card convincingly. "Would you like to see a picture of my Grandchildren officer?")

I would answer truthfully if asked but I never volunteer any information. If asked whether I posses a medical marijuana card my reply would be "yes" and nothing more. If asked to produce it I would hand it to the officer without further comment.

good idea.

(d) Fraudulent representation to a law enforcement official of any fact or circumstance relating to the medical use of marihuana to avoid arrest or prosecution shall be punishable by a fine of $500.00, which shall be in addition to any other penalties that may apply for making a false statement or for the use of marihuana other than use undertaken pursuant to this act.

Providing false information like answering NO to the question of "Do you have a medical marijuana card"  when you do, is providing false information to an officer of the law during the course of an investigation. 

The law does not say anything about telling the officer your status. I would personally appreciate having just a quoted snippet whenever somebody references the law, as so far in this thread there has been some confusion and misrepresentation. The rest of your post I have to agree with, unfortunately.

Was this transport law an amendment to the act? Wouldn't this really only apply to people who aren't protected by the act as it states "(e)  All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act."?

750.474 was not an ammendment to the MMMA and thus does not apply due to the inconsistency with the MMMA and people v koon.

you are correct. i dont know why everyone is arguing about crap that doesnt apply to patients.

of course... someone will have to fight it in court so police stop harassing patients...

I truly dont care what the rest of you do, If im gonna be looking for a box to transport my meds on vacation or any where I have to travel with them, Im getting a lock box, they dont cost much and I beleive it will save me an extra headache if my ole lady or me get pulled over!  It is a law to have it in a box, I will do one better and make it a lock box, If I had to, I can still unlock it for the officer!

as far as it being like the handgun law, well keep your papers and pipe in the glove box and the mm in the box in the trunk!

peace