Perserving Storeing Expration Date Of Simson Oil

JBINDICA  I have had bho for longer than a yr, but I dont store it in a syringe, I keep it in a milk glass container(not a milk glass, milk glass is white) my containers are over 50 yrs old, they heat up well, if/when some one needed some I either put it in a lil glass container that holds 3 grams, if some one wanted it in a syringe I have them also, but if they are plastic you cant heat it up to get it all out, which wouldnt be a problem if you put it in there recently and there wouldnt be enough left in the syringe to worry about,

Right now as far as oil and tinctures go, I would not even mess with them, hopefully the bill will pass that makes them legal again!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

JBINDICA  I have had bho for longer than a yr, but I dont store it in a syringe, I keep it in a milk glass container(not a milk glass, milk glass is white) my containers are over 50 yrs old, they heat up well, if/when some one needed some I either put it in a lil glass container that holds 3 grams, if some one wanted it in a syringe I have them also, but if they are plastic you cant heat it up to get it all out, which wouldnt be a problem if you put it in there recently and there wouldnt be enough left in the syringe to worry about,

Right now as far as oil and tinctures go, I would not even mess with them, hopefully the bill will pass that makes them legal again!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

I have stored RSO for two years or so. It didn't seem to degrade at all as long as I keep it double sealed. For instance: the RSO is in syringes then the syringes are put into a canning jar sealed. I can't fill the syringes to capacity all the way though.

I have left full syringes in my safe for up to a year (not in a jar). The RSO dried out a bit and got a bit darker, but otherwise the potency stayed the same.

If your RSO is stored correctly, in a cool dark place, double sealed, it should easily last decades.

You can always dilute your BHO with a very small amount of 96% polish vodka and suck it up into a syringe for storage reasons. Just enough alcohol to where it stays greasy.

I do have a syringe that is dried out and I can't push the oil out of it. It is too thick and dry. I believe it is going to come out of the syringe reasonably easy after I put it into a nice thick baggie then submerge it in some nice hot water. That should soften it up enough to push out of the syringe.

Extraction: :D So I guess that would kind of like extracting it twice..... Would I then be committing two crimes? :D

You know, it has gotten quite ridiculous. Let's compare it to alcohol for a minute. You crack open a 5th of Jack to mix up a drink. All of a sudden paratroopers come in with a SWAT team and you are being charged with the intent to manufacture liquor.... Oh, and they shoot the dog(s) too!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

Phaq, 

Place your plastic syringes in a cup of hot water for a few minutes and it will soften up and come out just fine.  I've used this method for years and it has never failed me (if it did, I use a steak knife and cut the syringe into 1/2" pieces and extract my oil that way.  I will again, when the laws are changed as they should have been from the beginning according to the act.

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post far enough, you are certainly "Old School," and you can take this as a compliment.

Edited by Herb Cannabis