Drug Enforcement Team Makes Big Bust In Isabella Co.

A local drug team made a big bust Sunday in Isabella County.

Detectives found nearly $100,000 in marijuana at the home in Wise Township.

Detectives with the Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team, BAYANET, used a warrant to search the home.

BAYANET seized 24 plants, and nearly 50 pounds of processed marijuana.

Seven guns, a vehicle and a large sum of cash were also found and seized.

A man from Clare was arrested.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/25057988/bayanet-makes-isabella

50 pounds? 24 plants? Maybe freshly harvested buds? Any way you look at it that's still a lot of weight.

Had to be freshly chopped....but then again they could have been importing like dummies. Everyone I heard of that trys the shipping game gets away with it a few times but eventually gets popped.   You simply cannot import pounds and pounds of buds from out of state.  They run large packages thru scanners and dogs.  especially with more of this terrorist BS coming back with planes. 

Had to be freshly chopped....but then again they could have been importing like dummies. Everyone I heard of that trys the shipping game gets away with it a few times but eventually gets popped.   You simply cannot import pounds and pounds of buds from out of state.  They run large packages thru scanners and dogs.  especially with more of this terrorist BS coming back with planes.

Might even have bought it from the cops that busted them. Happens often.

They are not poor suckers than eh? Id say just greedy and they sold to people not in their link thru lara!

been pretty boring around w/o your posts! :watching:

Peace

I would google a controlled reverse buy/sell and see what it is all about.  It's when cops bust a guy that knows other guys.  then this guy makes a call to other guys, arranges a deal with product from the the cops or the set up man's ownproduct he got popped with and turn it back around...once they have the marked bills or confirmation that the deal went down they either wait for the guys to go on the road and do another sell or they hit the house.  And serve the warrant with some phony BS about a guy bought from the house in the past 48 hrs or some BS.  Either way this is all pretty common knowledge.  And can be searched on GOOGLE.  reverse control sells are not done as much as controlled buys are....because it's more dicey from what I have heard.  Tyically they just wanna bust people selling, not catching a guy selling then selling his own product to other dealers.  but they will do it to get convictions.  Because all these drug cops care about is convictions and numbers at the end of the day to justify their federal grants and or own job.  But is your slangin multiple pounds you have to know your running this risk..why have 50 lbs..??  That is what i do not get.Like 5 pounds is not enough...50 lbs..dude...wtf...that is crazy.

Usually on such a large transaction they hit it quick so the product does not get back out of the control of the drug cops.

Edited by motorcitymeds

I would google a controlled reverse buy/sell and see what it is all about.  It's when cops bust a guy that knows other guys.  then this guy makes a call to other guys, arranges a deal with product from the the cops or the set up man's ownproduct he got popped with and turn it back around...once they have the marked bills or confirmation that the deal went down they either wait for the guys to go on the road and do another sell or they hit the house.  And serve the warrant with some phony BS about a guy bought from the house in the past 48 hrs or some BS.  Either way this is all pretty common knowledge.  And can be searched on GOOGLE.  reverse control sells are not done as much as controlled buys are....because it's more dicey from what I have heard.  Tyically they just wanna bust people selling, not catching a guy selling then selling his own product to other dealers.  but they will do it to get convictions.  Because all these drug cops care about is convictions and numbers at the end of the day to justify their federal grants and or own job.  But is your slangin multiple pounds you have to know your running this risk..why have 50 lbs..??  That is what i do not get.Like 5 pounds is not enough...50 lbs..dude...wtf...that is crazy.

Usually on such a large transaction they hit it quick so the product does not get back out of the control of the drug cops.

I agree and most don't even know about this kind of thing and it happens all the time

Any one my age or older knows about these kind of busts!  we also have a saying, if you do the crime you do the time!

Nothing on this earth could make me turn in a friend or aquantance that I have gotten mj from, nothing!

This law hasnt been around that long, ,,yet ive been using mj for at least 40yrs now, you name it I have done it, as far as mj goes,

I have seen people squeel and wind up in the same jail as the ones they have squeeled on and it didnt get them any time knocked off of their own charge, but it made it so they had to move when they got out of jail. And it wasnt easy in jail with every one else knowing they were with a narc!  People can only hide in their cell for so long and then they go to church or get moved to another cell and some one waiting to go to prison gets a hold of them. because they have nothing to worry about!

But back to this subject, their is absolutly no reason for a c.g or pt to have 50 lb's  they are not going to get out of it,,they should have never got in the program to begin with if that is the way they were going to operate.

Although I have had no real problems since becoming legal, I never would have become a pt or a c.g if I was going to keep doing things under ground!

Peace

True stuff, I knew a guy who left a friends house with 1oz, the officer said the normal things when he walked up to his car window, "Where are you coming from this evening, where are you heading" the guy was polite with the officer and answered his questions, but later gave consent to search his car, the officer found the ounce, so the officer got a warrant just off the guy saying he left so and so's house, the next morning he busted in my buddy's door and made arrest after finding more marijuana... Now if he rolled on my buddy for sure we won't find out. but he could have, this was also before 2008.

I didn't see anything to indicate that this person was a patient or caregiver.

And yes they do like to weigh dirt, wet marijuana and anything else they can fit on the scale. Then give it a street price of $400 a gram.

"50 pounds of marijuana with a street price of $9,056,000 was seized by drug enforcement officers today!" looks much better on the news than, "6 ounces of wet marijuana with a street price of $750 was seized along with 49 pounds of garden soil".

I didn't see anything to indicate that this person was a patient or caregiver.

And yes they do like to weigh dirt, wet marijuana and anything else they can fit on the scale. Then give it a street price of $400 a gram.

"50 pounds of marijuana with a street price of $9,056,000 was seized by drug enforcement officers today!" looks much better on the news than, "6 ounces of wet marijuana with a street price of $750 was seized along with 49 pounds of garden soil".

lol...soo true..

News story on tv the other day said the Detroit police confiscated  a whopping 4,000 grams of pot among other things in  a day ling series or drug busts across the city.They made it sound like it was the bust of the century.
Lets see , isn't that like 9 pounds.Enough cannabis to supply about one block in Detroit.