Renewal

I sent in my renewal 2 weeks before my expiration date. Will this cause an issue for renewal? How long does it typically take to get renewed.

its fine. by the time my certified letter got to lara i think i was 3 days until expire.

likewise my drivers license was set to expire right around there as well.

all came back fine. just make sure to send certified mail ;)

I usually send mine in 6 weeks before expiration. There's no problem with that.  I have been renewed in as little as 2 weeks, and it has taken as long as 4 months. You never know.

do they cheat you on the expiration month ? or is it 2 years from your expiration date? 

like if your card expires 10/14 and you send in renewal in 8/14, does your card now expire in 8/16 ? lost two months ? :P

do they cheat you on the expiration month ? or is it 2 years from your expiration date? 

like if your card expires 10/14 and you send in renewal in 8/14, does your card now expire in 8/16 ? lost two months ? :P

I think they round the Date to the nearest month some got cards April 20 of 09 they rounded it off to May, First 2010 

i wouldn't send it off to early   60 days would be Max 

How long is the Doctors Recommendation good for ?  

It's always issued on 4/20 and expires on 5/20, since '09, no matter if it's on time or gliched up for 4-5 months. I'm waiting for my first two year card right nowbecause they gliched up the forms last year and I got issued one of the last one year cards.

It's always issued on 4/20 and expires on 5/20, since '09, no matter if it's on time or gliched up for 4-5 months. I'm waiting for my first two year card right nowbecause they gliched up the forms last year and I got issued one of the last one year cards.

It's always issued on 4/20 and expires on 5/20

you must mean 4/20 to 5/1 

i also had the same thing happen to me i only got a one year card last time because of the form this time we both will get the two year card

It's always issued on 4/20 and expires on 5/20

you must mean 4/20 to 5/1 

i also had the same thing happen to me i only got a one year card last time because of the form this time we both will get the two year card

Yes, you are right Bob. It expires on 5/1, had to go look at the card.

The law said that the cards were supposed to change to a 2 year card after 4/1. LARA pulled a fast one on us and used the excuse that the forms had to be the new forms for a two year card, which were not even available to us when we sent them in. Then they changed the forms back shortly after that. Totally bogus BS that made them some extra cash from us.

• 3 weeks later...

I raised the question with Lara about rejections after 20 business days.  Specifically can they reject folks more than 20 business days after the receipt of the application.  They told me that although the law says 20 days or card, unless you have a card you can't count it as an approval, you should call for status 25-30 days after they get the application to see what is up.

Nice dodge on their part, and it goes to show they don't take the limit seriously or feel paperwork and a cashed check counts.  While I and most here will clearly disagree with their 'opinion' it is useful to know what it is.  They do say they get 99% addressed in the 20 days, and they want to see examples of rejections beyond the 20 days to see what.  They would not address my specific question about if they 'can' reject after 20 days.

Dr. Bob

I raised the question with Lara about rejections after 20 business days.  Specifically can they reject folks more than 20 business days after the receipt of the application.  They told me that although the law says 20 days or card, unless you have a card you can't count it as an approval, you should call for status 25-30 days after they get the application to see what is up.

Nice dodge on their part, and it goes to show they don't take the limit seriously or feel paperwork and a cashed check counts.  While I and most here will clearly disagree with their 'opinion' it is useful to know what it is.  They do say they get 99% addressed in the 20 days, and they want to see examples of rejections beyond the 20 days to see what.  They would not address my specific question about if they 'can' reject after 20 days.

Dr. Bob

They can and they do reject applications after 20 days.

For example; I, personally, have been rejected as a caregiver after 3-4 months of waiting for a card to be renewed. Even after being approved for a couple years prior. Out of the blue they found something old on my record that they hadn't seen before. I documented it all and showed the actually paperwork here in picture attachments. If it happened to me I'm sure it's happening to many others too.

They can and they do reject applications after 20 days.

For example; I, personally, have been rejected as a caregiver after 3-4 months of waiting for a card to be renewed. Even after being approved for a couple years prior. Out of the blue they found something old on my record that they hadn't seen before. I documented it all and showed the actually paperwork here in picture attachments. If it happened to me I'm sure it's happening to many others too.

I have a contact at Lara if you want to discuss it with them, he wanted examples of late rejections.

I have a contact at Lara if you want to discuss it with them, he wanted examples of late rejections.

Here you go LARA;

What happened was I was busted smoking a joint at a park back in 1981. Simple possession dismissed with a $25 fine. To anyone who understands records it was a drug misdemeanor. To someone who wanted to play dumb it could have been a drug felony because the court didn't write down misdemeanor in the record. It didn't say felony either. For a couple years MDCH/LARA let it slide because of the specific court it was at, and the dismissal for $25, proved to anyone with reason it was not a felony. Then they decided to play dumb. When one of my patients was renewing, the card took months to come in the mail. After almost 4 months of waiting they sent me a letter stated I couldn't be a caregiver until I cleared this up. At the same time they sent my patient their card stating NO CAREGIVER on the back. Instantly, afetr being a caregiver for years, I wasn't a caregiver anymore. Why it took them months to tell me I'll never know. This was a case where they needed to tell me in the 20 days but it never happened. It was not an easy fix considering the courts and red tape. I missed a whole cycle as a caregiver. Imagine how this can effect growing and your plant count, etc.