Renewal

I would like to know how many people LARA hired to stop the long waiting time. How come they cash your check the minute it gets there? Many CA pts don't HAVE the TIME to wait.

Good question on the hiring. Someone here has probably researched it.

The reason they process the check so quickly is simply that it is a part of the first step of the entire process and, as important, it is a financial transaction that has to be accounted for in a timely manner.  I feel that we have a tendency to view this efficiency as a display of greed on the part of the government office that takes our money. What it boils down to is to what degree we demonstrate a high level of compassion towards our fellow human beings, regardless of our station in life.  When we lose sight of the need to give and receive compassion, we have a negative effect upon ourselves and those that we act against.  

peace   

Good question on the hiring. Someone here has probably researched it.

The reason they process the check so quickly is simply that it is a part of the first step of the entire process and, as important, it is a financial transaction that has to be accounted for in a timely manner.  I feel that we have a tendency to view this efficiency as a display of greed on the part of the government office that takes our money. What it boils down to is to what degree we demonstrate a high level of compassion towards our fellow human beings, regardless of our station in life.  When we lose sight of the need to give and receive compassion, we have a negative effect upon ourselves and those that we act against.  

peace

I've seen the checks get cashed a couple weeks after they receive them. Sometimes it's right away but not always.

Here you go LARA;

What happened was I was busted smoking a joint at a park back in 1981. Simple possession dismissed with a $25 fine. To anyone who understands records it was a drug misdemeanor. To someone who wanted to play dumb it could have been a drug felony because the court didn't write down misdemeanor in the record. It didn't say felony either. For a couple years MDCH/LARA let it slide because of the specific court it was at, and the dismissal for $25, proved to anyone with reason it was not a felony. Then they decided to play dumb. When one of my patients was renewing, the card took months to come in the mail. After almost 4 months of waiting they sent me a letter stated I couldn't be a caregiver until I cleared this up. At the same time they sent my patient their card stating NO CAREGIVER on the back. Instantly, afetr being a caregiver for years, I wasn't a caregiver anymore. Why it took them months to tell me I'll never know. This was a case where they needed to tell me in the 20 days but it never happened. It was not an easy fix considering the courts and red tape. I missed a whole cycle as a caregiver. Imagine how this can effect growing and your plant count, etc.

Imagine how this can effect growing and your plant count, etc 

can a i Add that it could have been so much more if you were to in up inn Court 

I agree its a Big deal but only because Leo is looking for anything to bust someone and i understand some might feel safer today but i will never let my guard down and Leo has many more 

the Courts are not closing their doors anytime soon