Obamacare

Well, ive been going through all the plans listed on the website, not one of them under 212 dollars a month for one individual, allows me to go to the doctors without paying for it, for the first 6,750 dollars or has dental or vision included. Am i missing something? I know alot of people that simply cant afford it. Its like an extra bill every month with no benefit.

Well, ive been going through all the plans listed on the website, not one of them under 212 dollars a month for one individual, allows me to go to the doctors without paying for it, for the first 6,750 dollars or has dental or vision included. Am i missing something? I know alot of people that simply cant afford it. Its like an extra bill every month with no benefit.

Are you eligible for any of the subsidies?

I can't see how this program can't work. It is basically a group policy for everyone in the US. There is one system that would work better though - universal single payer insurance, better known as Medicare for all.

Yes   it was supposed to insure the poor  but they have to pay rent and eat not give it to an Insurance company with a 6000 dedectable,.  It did make it so more can draw  state Medicaid , It needs to be fixed,  My plan would of cost me over 400 a month  and the 6 grand deductible,, The feds say you can get the monthly payment back at tax time  but if you have to pay rent you cant wait a year,  They need to do something about health care  ,  Insurance should be removed from heath care as the same as  police from the drug war,  ,,As it is now  the hospital will see you have insurance and do a bunch of costly things the charge the ins company,  then the ins company  will raise your  rates,   It needs to change 

Edited by cristinew

I ended up getting humana platinum plan. 1500 dollar deductible, and 20% coinsurance pay after deductible. No dental or vision, 212 $ a month. Its for my wife. I was under the impression a platinum plan would cover 90% of her medical bills. How is that possible with a 20% coinsurance pay on almost everything.

^ second that. signed up for BCBS 'silver plan' yesterday, they told me they were paid subsidy directly. added dental for 20$ additional/mo. this is going to work for me, it appears.

1-888-483-3403

BCBS number if anyone would like to give it a go.

Edited by abe supercro

Subsidy goes directly to the insurer.

I believe if ya make under $15000+-  single person qualifies for Medicaid. 21k if ya have a kid or something in that range.

80% is pretty standard coveraqe anywhere anymore. Only people with 90% coverage are CEO's and few desolated Union contracts, for the most part.

Obamacare is FANTASTIC for my family.  Godsend I guess ya can say.  My health insurance if not for being disabled, would have cost me 2200/month for a 80% plan with no coverage for pre-existing conditions. That was in 2003. 

Make sure you are getting the proper deductions and subsidies. :-)

When I purchased my own insurance while self employed in 2008 I paid over $700 per month just for basic hospitalization. My son only pays $35 per month for full coverage.

There were problems when Romney first started mandated insurance in Massachusetts in 2006. They kept all the problems intact when converting it to a federal program but I'm sure they'll fix it in 20 -30 years.

If somethings not working properly the government tends to stick with it.

3413571957_obamacare_vs_romneycare_xlarg

Edited by Wild Bill

Well, it doesnt work for me. Im not disabled, dont qualify for medicaid and make more than 21k with no kids. I dont get subsidies. I have car payment, bike payment, mortgage, car/bike insurance, grocery bill, dte, phone bill. That extra mandatory bill takes away some of my cushion and im pissed.

That doesn't even make sense.

No its not. The progrAm only works if younger heAlthier adults sign up and dont use there coverAge. That isnt happening for the reasons i stated Above. All the program is trying to do is move the burden from one set of people to another.

Tried to explain it to you. That's all a person can do. If you want to argue against facts then go ahead and waste your time.