Selling Marijuana To Undercover “Patient” Is Entrapment

bobandtorey

Jim what the phaq are you talking about? You may have an opinion but state it as fact and like everyone should know what you mean. When in reality, I think noone knows what  you mean............................

Not cool at all................. I just dont get it.................

Edited by ozzrokk

don't start victory dancing... 4 years at least til Mi sct. it looks like mr carruthers petitioned the court for a free lawyer. he probably is assuming how bad COA will trample his rights. he probably growin now to pay for expensive supreme court fight to buy a lawyer a mercedes

Where did our money go???

Ozz Im read it in the paper, as im sure every one else did, he owns a gym, he has more money than god!  Im not about to look it all up again but im sure you can find the articles and what this guy owns, yet here we are most of us on disability paying for his mistake,

Do you go riding around with brownies made from oil in your vehicle?

There are plenty of people in this site that can research and prove me wrong, I fell for the pitch in as help b.s and I wish I would have saved it for the guy Dr. bob is collecting for! he needs it more than any one as far as im concerned, carruthers is a thief!

Some one prove me wrong, hey zap why dont you find the articles since you are so concerned, I thought this site was to teach people about the law, not how to get around it!

Peace

Ozz Im read it in the paper, as im sure every one else did, he owns a gym, he has more money than god!  Im not about to look it all up again but im sure you can find the articles and what this guy owns, yet here we are most of us on disability paying for his mistake,

Do you go riding around with brownies made from oil in your vehicle?

There are plenty of people in this site that can research and prove me wrong, I fell for the pitch in as help b.s and I wish I would have saved it for the guy Dr. bob is collecting for! he needs it more than any one as far as im concerned, carruthers is a thief!

Some one prove me wrong, hey zap why dont you find the articles since you are so concerned, I thought this site was to teach people about the law, not how to get around it!

Peace

The issue is by far big and important enough for me to be okay with donating. Extracts are versatile, and are a viable means of ingestion. To leave medibles out as a treatment option is beyond absurd.

Do we have anything loosely resembling a time table for the extracts SC appeal to be heard?

The issue is by far big and important enough for me to be okay with donating. Extracts are versatile, and are a viable means of ingestion. To leave medibles out as a treatment option is beyond absurd.

Do we have anything loosely resembling a time table for the extracts SC appeal to be heard?

Imho it won't be until sometime next year because no one has even stopped using Extracts you can buy them at any of the store fronts located around the State

Ozz Im read it in the paper, as im sure every one else did, he owns a gym,

i believe the judge is saying he needs an APPEALS lawyer, in addition to his current representation.

the appeals process is strange and if you look at the documents filed in many cases its not the regular lawyers doing appeals.

sometimes this is just because the 'regular' lawyer is in detroit and the appeals court is in lansing? other times its because the appeals courts are different than circuit/district court.

hey i could be misreading it.

i believe the judge is saying he needs an APPEALS lawyer, in addition to his current representation.

the appeals process is strange and if you look at the documents filed in many cases its not the regular lawyers doing appeals.

sometimes this is just because the 'regular' lawyer is in detroit and the appeals court is in lansing? other times its because the appeals courts are different than circuit/district court.

hey i could be misreading it.

Appeals courts practice different procedures from trial courts. There is no witness testimony. All evidence is laid out by attorneys in briefs and oral argument. Criminal attorneys work with individual defendants in the courtroom. The conventional wisdom is that it is better, and required, that those who practice in appeals courts be more closely familiar with and specialized in that type of litigation.

As I stated before Jim......... Some people may be able to get by on Buds others may require concentrates......... I know you know this....... Do you believe that a patient should not be able to have a brownie made of oil? Do you not believe that the law was written to allow this? Now I know you know the answers............ This is bigger than any one person......... I know you also know that............... I do not know what he owns........ but I do know that the ridiculous ruling by the COA needs to change for many patients sake..........

Not sure how someone transporting what should be legal meds in their vehicle turns into riding around with brownies made with oil. Do I on occasion need to transport meds? Yes I do............... Do I transport brownies made with oil? Well unfortunately for me, my patients and some of the sickest patients in this state we cannot do that at this time.......... Truly sad........

I AM CARRUTHERS

Edited by ozzrokk

I agree with you ozzrokk 

the ridiculous ruling by the COA needs to change for many patients sakes this should have been done with our case if it had then things would be a lot better

we just couldn't get the support we needed to fight the good fight and after almost five years the stress and health reasons we couldn't go on any longer 

For that five years Pt/Cg where selling/growing/using Cannabis as nothing was illegal we where just two sick patients that were just unlucky to be caught

I knew our case was not about weather we where sick enough to use Cannabis or some card it was all about Sec 8 and how powerful it is the Law says after 21 days your paper work is just like a card

​sorry about the rant 

Peace From The Front

Bob and Torey 

Ozz I totaly agree that many if not all pt's would do much better with oil or any of the tinctures and not have to smoke budd!  I so beleive that,  that it may also contourt my view on this, I was making oil regularly before carruthers, I never charged one dime for my oil to people who needed it!  I was making it with my sugar leafs and small buddz no one that grows would trim off!  I actualy was always looking for people I could try it on for many different ailments, even my dad is as you know is an old school retired cop, I got him to rub some oil on his diabetic ankles and even my mothers bad knee's.

Like I said I did donate to the carruthers fund! (I will leave it at that) I know how much mixtures, tinctures. oils, backed good, candy, soda you name it if it can be made from some good oil I realy am all for it,

back a few yrs back when most thought p2p was legal along with c.g to c.g and cg to any pt and despense's, they shut all of the despensed down in my area, but just before the case that made it all ilegal, you should have took a ride thru prudenville and houghton lake, their were way more despenses than needed for the amount of pt's in the area, it realy seemed like a good time to be alive to most,,,,I never thought any of it was legal including oil or tintures or any of the formula's we can make with this plant that can heal so many people.

I went along for the ride back than, heck my c.g was growing a full card and making money off of the despenses and giving free meds to all of his pt's with out fail, and I to also got some $$$ signs in my eyes and thought I could be the cook, the oil maker the butter maker and the candle stick maker, life was grand lol.

It all got taken away from us, even most f.m's which I totaly think are the best way to get meds to pts and give c.g's a good way to recoup costs and maybe give their pt's a better deal than they were getting at the time, and there were and are still people who will give free meds to pts for their grow rites, I just found one for a friend, and when I found this guy price was never discussed by me and him, ( i did a lil prescreening before I put the pt in touch with possible new c.g) not all c.g's who offer their low income pt's free meds are doing ilegal things to recoup costs, alot just need the room for more strains,  making new strains, etc, and also alot of c.g's can afford to give some of their pts free meds, now I would have a contract with a pt if I was giving free meds to, it would be free for a certain amount and anything after that amount would have a set price, and if I ever found out some one was selling the free meds or cheap meds they were getting I would cut them off like now! 

in Mi we have an mm law, if we dont follow it for sure we will get put in the system sooner or later, even if we follow the rules, this law at this time has been more trouble than it is worth, I never worried like I do now before the law, but also I never sent the state and app saying I use mmj and would like a licsense to do it legaly, what did i get from it, well I got popped at least 3 times and had to do the overnite stay in jail and get my bail back when I proved I was legal, no section 4, just dropped, but I didnt get popped with over my limit or in my grow, my grow never came up! I did get out of it but I used to get out of it before the law, sometimes with an attny but most times on my own or with a court apptd and I may as well have been on my own, I had to tell him what to do not the oppisite that you would expect from an attny whether i hire them or the court gives me one for 200 bucks, none of the court appted attnys earned their 200 bucks, I should have repped myself and billed the county 200 bucks to be my own attny lol!

before the mm law there was a charge for possesion of mj and if it was hash or hash oil you got a higher charge that charge was called enhancing mj to a more potent product, (that may not be the real name of charge but it was and is there still) so your simple possesion of mj got bumped to a fellony for making it stronger!

ramble over!

Peace

phaq, are you  bummed that you didn't know the guy owned a dispensary before you gave him money for his defense?

the crippled guy raising money represents the bulk of us more accurately than a business man dispensary owner making " deliveries" with scales and packaging after valet parking/fine dining with a lady perhaps?  I don't know the disp owner, or his history, or about his businesses. He's probably a swell guy who could use more money for a defense team, like all of us could if found in a police pickle.  

We could just support EVERY "crime" that has to do with cannabis and the whole fiasco might end, or get worse...

right now the best easiest way for leo to bust a disp is to show a false card-----it has been blessed by the sc.    the smart disp owner will run a background check on every medical card presented, looking for employment history.   say no to every card presented where employment is law enforcement.  kinda makes sense?  the supremes have given leo a "blanket hunting license" and every disp owner has got to check deep background.  only fools don't.

right now the best easiest way for leo to bust a disp is to show a false card-----it has been blessed by the sc.    the smart disp owner will run a background check on every medical card presented, looking for employment history.   say no to every card presented where employment is law enforcement.  kinda makes sense?  the supremes have given leo a "blanket hunting license" and every disp owner has got to check deep background.  only fools don't.

Run a background check on every medical card

How much $$ will that cost ?

It seems that a deep background check would include fingerprints. How far would one go to check? How many patients would agree to a caregiver taking a set of fingerprints?  LARA does run fingerprints for certain licenses, (outside of the MMMA), but I believe that they use an outsider contractor. 

Grassmatch!

Ok you got me on that, I did not know anything about the guy, only that all mixtures got labled as ilegal after  or at the time of this bust, no im not jealious of no one. I have had a good life for the most part upto 5-31-98 that is when I was t-boned and disabled by a young punk from a rich family with a great job, he had  nothing happen to him, witnesses who did not know me waited for the po po to give there acct of the accident, which was in no way my fault, Ive not been able to work since that day, and he did not miss a day of work, had my son been with me he would be dead, the passenger door was squeezing me between it and the driver door!

So Yea I guess I have some anomosity towards people who screw things up for the community or me in patifcular!

I have been hit a few times since becoming legal, there is no way in hell I would come in here and try to collect money for a defense!  I have handled all on my own and the only time people knew about it on here is when I would tell of my experience in a thread that some one else started.

I only know what I read about the guy, and his despense is nothing compared to all the other high price things this guy has or owns, sell your 100k car to get legal help, dont come to me who cant afford to take my ole lady out to nice places for dinner, dont come to me for cash, I have to go w/o when I find something good enough to donate to, I have donated to more than just him, and ive been to others court cases only for them to cop a plea on something they may have gotten a few days and a misd for!

I feel the only thing I said wrong because I truly dont know is that he is a thief, that was totaly uncalled for on my part, remove that and I still feel the same!

Peace

GM remember posting this?

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

"now c'mon....the police have no idea that a schmuck is driving around with a sack in his shirt pocket, until they pull them over right? Now, why did they get pulled over in the first place? Sure seems that the unfortunate few who decide to disrespect our simple transportation rules are the exact types of drivers who alert the popo enough to get pulled over. I'm sick of the black eye these goofs paint on our majority of law abiding medical patients. If police are somehow psychic enough to locate violators of the law, this mess should be cleaned up soon. I wish registrants would concentrate on following the laws, rather than breaking them only to plea bargain.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Sanilac county allows dispensaries, doesn't routinely raid law abiding gardens, and the DTF head is medical marijuana friendly. He urged us all to "play by the rules" or get busted, again(he LoL'd) at a city hall meeting. It's so much easier to comply, stay out of the news, and maintain good standing statistics, a pro vote for our program in the state."

Peace

I sure do phaq, and I too would not support a dispensary owner in trouble either. It takes a certain type of player to stick his head out in a dispensary, fast money, kind heart, trend setter, plea bargainer.....I don't know.

would it be different if the dispensary owner was providing all of his wares to only cancer patients, or vets, or only seniors? dunno?  Or if he was delivering the brownies to his sick grandma on her death bed, and owned a dispensary....? who knows. there are sides to every story. but the fact is some people did not have the facts before they gave up their money, and may have felt differently if they had know some more facts. do your homework, never lose the compassion for our brothers and sister though.

peace my brother

peace my sister

peace my soul

GM remember posting this?

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

"now c'mon....the police have no idea that a schmuck is driving around with a sack in his shirt pocket, until they pull them over right? Now, why did they get pulled over in the first place? Sure seems that the unfortunate few who decide to disrespect our simple transportation rules are the exact types of drivers who alert the popo enough to get pulled over. I'm sick of the black eye these goofs paint on our majority of law abiding medical patients. If police are somehow psychic enough to locate violators of the law, this mess should be cleaned up soon. I wish registrants would concentrate on following the laws, rather than breaking them only to plea bargain.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Sanilac county allows dispensaries, doesn't routinely raid law abiding gardens, and the DTF head is medical marijuana friendly. He urged us all to "play by the rules" or get busted, again(he LoL'd) at a city hall meeting. It's so much easier to comply, stay out of the news, and maintain good standing statistics, a pro vote for our program in the state."

Peace