Problem With Certified Return Receipt

the only thing that protects a person from using or growing cannabis is the doctors signature stating you will benefit from its use...

the card serves as a signal that your paperwork was submitted correctly.

who does that benefit and when?

the check and certified can work in concert or they can stand alone rest... neither is given priority over the other...

the entire story and reason your in front of the judge is at issue is your standing in front of a judge... not what date LARA got your paperwork..

the judge does not give a ratts behind that you sent your paperwork in and when the check was cashed... they care about the actions that brought you in front of them.

and now you are in fact in front of the judge and you have to conform the the supreme courts mandate to meet the 3 prong defense of your doctors certification.

send in your paperwork certified or not.. send in a personal check or don't....makes no difference to anyone but LARA to start their internal clock that section 6 mandates.

lmao, If you only have paper work your pretty much screwed by leo and in court, your card is the only thing that can save you if you didnt break any other laws, it is obvious they dont accept paper work, I know it is written in the law, at least the original law, but paper work gets you arrested, a card may get you off at time of contact with leo, of not it is the judge you are trying to prove you are legal,

And it is all b.s as far as im concerned!

Peace

Every subpoena, summons, and complaint I have received has come certified mail.  I have been served via certified mail too.  I have never heard of a court thinking that maybe that envelope contained something other than what the send said it contained.

thats correct most court documents require being sent certified... your application is not a court document... until it becomes one.. at which point... your in court.  time for 3 prongs.. and doctor rectum exams. :)

Edited by mibrains

Brains Quote; CERTIFIED MAIL MEANS NOTHING to anyone in court

You have a lot to learn my friend. Your life experiences have not shown you the way.

and when you cut off the rest of the sentence.. it does not make sense.. but when in tact.. it is a fact.

CERTIFIED MAIL MEANS NOTHING to anyone in court.... except that you mailed something and something was received..

Bottom line;

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Law has a timeline built into it.

That time line starts when your forms are received by LARA.

Certified Mail is how you prove when it was received.

section 6 is built in for them... at LARA... not us.... you are trying to force them to start their own time stamp and they wont do it..

it is not up to us...

man...

read it again bruh...

I don't give a flying F about LARA. They work for me. I give them an order and I document when I gave it so I can prove when I gave them the order. Understand that Brains?

it is only to LARA's internal office that it applies..

so your going to need to prove it to themselves...

but if it makes you feel better then go ahead..

i told you already send it certified if it helps you sleep at night...

there is no requirement or recommendation to do so.

it is too simple...

here is the misconception about the 20 days...

it is on LARA.

333.26426 Administration and enforcement of rules by department.

6. Administering the Department's Rules.

( c) The department shall verify the information contained in an application or renewal submitted pursuant to this section, and shall approve or deny an application or renewal within 15 business days of receiving it. The department may deny an application or renewal only if the applicant did not provide the information required pursuant to this section, or if the department determines that the information provided was falsified. Rejection of an application or renewal is considered a final department action, subject to judicial review. Jurisdiction and venue for judicial review are vested in the circuit court for the county of Ingham.

(e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 business days of approving an application or renewal, which shall expire 2 years after the date of issuance. Registry identification cards shall contain all of the following:

333.26429 Failure of department to adopt rules or issue valid registry identification card.

9. Enforcement of this Act.

(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

your arguing section 9 rest...

and section 9 only applies to a limited number of people.

in the first year.. section 9 was all we had.. but now we have much more.

the cards are out in a reasonable amount of time now... so really section 9 is irrelevant.. unless you happen to be approached by Law Enforcement and have some reason to be questioned about cannabis use within your 20 days of application submission.

I use certified just for my peace of mind,knowing that it was received and not lost in the mail somewhere.

Right. It's just common sense. The only reason not to is because you are too lazy to go down to the post office. If you know someone so disabled they can't do it PLEASE help them. It's a no brainer if this is important to you. If you don't give a rats arse then just put it out front in your mail box and take a nap. lol

your paraphrasing rest makes many people seem simplistic at best.

its a waste of money... to me. has nothing to do with lazy or not.

i have personally checked each of my patients paperwork because i know them... the amount of time it takes LARA to verify my records is completely inconsequential to me or my patients... i could care less how long it takes LARA to send us cards.

that is the main difference here.

it has to do with peace of mind.. which is exactly what we said all along..

it is up to each individual to decide.

your paraphrasing rest makes many people seem simplistic at best.

its a waste of money... to me. has nothing to do with lazy or not.

i have personally checked each of my patients paperwork because i know them... the amount of time it takes LARA to verify my records is completely inconsequential to me or my patients... i could care less how long it takes LARA to send us cards.

that is the main difference here.

it has to do with peace of mind.. which is exactly what we said all along..

it is up to each individual to decide.

If you are not too lazy to go to the post office, and money is the real issue, then you can save a little by asking the clerk at the post office for a cheaper way to track it than certified mail. Then you would have the same accountibility with less cost. I can think of a hundred reasons why someone would want to know when LARA receives their forms. If you can't think of any then you are not thinking very hard. I've had some very crazy things happen with my forms since 09 when I became a patient. Every time I was 'gliched' I was extremely relieved that I had proof of mailing/receipt.

Right. It's just common sense. The only reason not to is because you are too lazy to go down to the post office. If you know someone so disabled they can't do it PLEASE help them. It's a no brainer if this is important to you. If you don't give a rats arse then just put it out front in your mail box and take a nap. lol

common sense. theirs that there words again :bong7bp::lolu: