Hash Producing Strains

I've been thinking about converting everything I grow into hash.

Can anyone suggest some good hash producing strains from personal experience? (please don't say Hashplant)

I'm thinking any of the "white" strains. Always got good results with White Widow.

A family member who makes some of his plants into hash has commented that the stronger the indica, the better the hash in his opinion haha. 

Though in all honesty, he also wanted me to mention that he has had a good success thus far with various kush strains producing some good hash.

Specifically, Og Kush, Master Kush, and Pineapple Kush.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Specifically, Og Kush, Master Kush, and Pineapple Kush.

I'm currently running OG Kush and Lemoncake. The Lemoncake seems to produce a little better than the OG. Which makes sense since the OG is sativa dominant. ChemDawg x [Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush] and I believe that the Lemoncake is indica dominant.

I'm also trying a Nepali Rukum which is a landrace strain known for hand rubbed hash.

My first Nepali female died suddenly while in flower and I've had several males. I just sprouted another bean so we'll see what we get on that one. I'm hoping it will be a good producer. It's a pure sativa so it should be a little different from the indica dominant and hybrid strains.

It all depends on how much  oils  your plants produce, And there are ways to produce more resin on your plant,,  Chrystal burst works, We did a side by side test,

Never tried this product. High phosphorus and potassium (0-15-15) I'll check into it next time I'm at the store.

I've also been told that 48 hours of darkness before harvest will make the plant produce more but I haven't tried it and I'm not sure that 48 hours would be enough to make a difference. Cooler temps do seem to make a difference.

I just figured that since I'm doing all non-smokable now it would be easier to just have a single ingredient to work with. Hash can be added to anything without the fuss of dealing with the extraneous vegetable matter.

I never experienced a strain that did not make awesome hash. Afghani cultivars have historically produced the most copious amounts for me.

There are no over night oil producing tricks, or else they wouldn't be "tricks" at all, but "the way we do it". The only trick is to make sure your living soil is healthy with all available natural foods your plant may want to shop are present, and your environment is right.

a dark cycle will however increase terpene profiles,

which may be an additional cbd boost as medicine for us. I choose a 24 hour dark with no watering for the previous 24 either.

Good results all the time, or I wouldn't waste my time with the fuss.

Edited by grassmatch

I've also been told that 48 hours of darkness before harvest will make the plant produce more ,, I am not so sure on that theory, Resin takes time to produce  like 6 to 8 weeks,, And when its at its peak  you harvest, And plants need light AND dark to do its job not just one or the other, Once past its peak  they turn amber become fragile and the plant is done making more resin   Just my opinion ,

I've also been told that 48 hours of darkness before harvest will make the plant produce more ,, I am not so sure on that theory, Resin takes time to produce  like 6 to 8 weeks,, And when its at its peak  you harvest, And plants need light AND dark to do its job not just one or the other, Once past its peak  they turn amber become fragile and the plant is done making more resin   Just my opinion ,

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I believe that this process really only allows for the plant to breakdown and flush chlorophyll pre harvest. That's what makes the noticeably smoother smoke and flavors pop.

chlorophyll remains in the plant material after harvest, it won't flush away, like magnesium, nitrogen...which would make smoke smoother. If the manufacturer feeding schedule is followed the ppm peaks at around 30 days of flower, and is tapered to near nothing by harvest. In an organic scheme this hasn't seemed to matter much. We use no chelators, no force feeding which results in fertilizer build up. Tobacco is fertilized to the day of harvest, and that's where or "curing" is copied from. Allowing the tobacco to "cure", or dry longer/slower will result in those fertilizer salts being lessened in the final product. I never flush my tomatoes, basil, corn, or tobacco when grown organically, or my cannabis.