Questions On Outside Growing?

AbominableDro-Man

Do I feed the outside plant differently than I would an indoor soil grown plant? With an indoor soil grown I noticed it was a- Feed at the beginning of the week, supplement for the second watering, and then the third is just a normal watering without additives, throughout the course of the week.

Same as indoor. Just factor in the rain element. If you use some pro mix to grow in you will not be so dependant on the soil where you are growing. Outdoor growing is a little trickier at first until you determine what kind of run off and soil conditions you have at the grow site.

makes sense. the spikes sit in the soil for quite awhile during their decomposition, sort of a time release tool. My spikes can be seen for two weeks on the soil indoors with daily waterings. Outdoors when I used them I placed a "bib" at the bottom of the plant, covered in tanglefoot. it served dual purposes, one to trap some pests when they arrive, and the other to cover the spikes so they don't get washed away in a heavy rain. I hand watered often and could see the spikes for a couple weeks, then replaced with more. I did dig out the hole and replace it with a mix of happy frog and promix. I've had great results with those little gems indoor and out

I've used those spikes and I find that fertilizing with every watering works a lot better. I mean A LOT better. Buy some Fox Farms for dirt grows and follow the directions. It's expensive but worth it in the long run.

backhoe?  a few shovels full would suffice, unless you plan on having a tree. If you veg it first indoors, then induce flowering indoors with light deprivation, you'll be able to transplant it outdoors in sun and finish in 60/70 days. if not, don't forget to induce flowering in time for finish before the seasonal change.

you don't need spikes here is some thing that folks    up here been doing snice the 70s

dig a hole about the size of a 5 gal buckit put 3 cups 19x19x19 2 cups bone meal 1 cup lime in the bottem

then fill with the best dirt you have put plant on top you good to go

a greenhouse with trees is easy peasy water and feed at once with a garden hose and miracle grow screw-on bottles.   just set the dial for your ppm.   accurate juice delivery.  about $22.   Two bottles is all you need all season for 12 trees, and a 75' 3/4" non -kink garden hose.  covers a 24 x 48.  don't even need to shake it.  monsters grow this way.  too easy, search Mcfarland, Robert, CG on this board. This is how you grow his trees x 2, for $44 right out in your own back yard.  but have some sense and use a volleyball net or something, and scrog them.   Ten running feet along the ground and not straight up is still a great plant;  the diff running along the ground you still have it and the cops and rippers, don't.

Edited by pic book

that's fine, but there's a good chance she won't finish in time, but instead be a tree of immature buds in the fall, the moldy season.

Best case scenario, in the end you'll need to decide what to do with all that mj, before you're caught with it.

have fun! happy growing

What if I just wanted to Veg it indoors until the frost left the ground then transplant it to finish out its grow cycle outside? I'm not looking for the outdoor plant to be a quickie, she can take her time. And yeah, I totally want a tree. I'll trellis her with a vollyball net  :lolu:

you don't need spikes here is some thing that folks    up here been doing snice the 70s

dig a hole about the size of a 5 gal buckit put 3 cups 19x19x19 2 cups bone meal 1 cup lime in the bottem

then fill with the best dirt you have put plant on top you good to go

I've toked some of that strain man, back when "Schwag" was a cool name for weed. :lolu:

a greenhouse with trees is easy peasy water and feed at once with a garden hose and miracle grow screw-on bottles.   just set the dial for your ppm.   accurate juice delivery.  about $22.   Two bottles is all you need all season for 12 trees, and a 75' 3/4" non -kink garden hose.  covers a 24 x 48.  don't even need to shake it.  monsters grow this way.  too easy, search Mcfarland, Robert, CG on this board. This is how you grow his trees x 2, for $44 right out in your own back yard.  but have some sense and use a volleyball net or something, and scrog them.   Ten running feet along the ground and not straight up is still a great plant;  the diff running along the ground you still have it and the cops and rippers, don't.

those non kink hoses ARE NOT SAFE for watering consumables, touching, or drinking out of. Most hoses are not rated for drinking water. they contain phthalates, to keep the hose flexible.

june my man, june.  I've had luck with april last year, and a fine finish. Your assuming every plant used needs X amount of finish time. Automatics for example will finish anytime of the year, weather permitting. sativas will fare well this way, induced in spring, and put outdoors for finish. outside the box is a whole new scene. Google light deprivation, we've been practicing this in greenhouses worldwide for a half a century. it aint rocket science, I read about it from Jorge Cervantes years ago in HT. turns out, he wasn't lying.

june my man, june.  I've had luck with april last year, and a fine finish. Your assuming every plant used needs X amount of finish time. Automatics for example will finish anytime of the year, weather permitting. sativas will fare well this way, induced in spring, and put outdoors for finish. outside the box is a whole new scene. Google light deprivation, we've been practicing this in greenhouses worldwide for a half a century. it aint rocket science, I read about it from Jorge Cervantes years ago in HT. turns out, he wasn't lying.

How many hours of light is there in April? May? June? July? August? What does a plant (non auto flower) do when you take it down to 12 hours of light to flower then you increase the hours of light? There's 15 hours of daylight in June. That wouldn't work for most strains. August has 13 hours of daylight. That would work for some strains. Edited by Restorium2

dro-man, indoor you control the weather--outdoors the evniron is diff and you won't recognized the same plants--the outdoor environ makes the plant you know indoors a strain you don't recognize.  indoors,  durban poison is a rounded bush but outdoors it looks like a sand timer with narrow waist and stems dragging the ground.  qleaner goes from a wisp of vine to a 14', 4 lb beast. stems engorge, and plants that wilt indoors  at 98 f, withstand 130 f when they get water and outdoor breezes.  shades of colors you never saw indoors makes you say, is this the same plant?

done legally an outside grow success is all about preparation, research, and adjustment, but it can be simplified and timerified so you are not tied to the garden 24/7.  with dripper hoses and a timer, automation is simple and cheap.  cheap becuz the sun drives your plants and has 50 million years experience at making trees.  happy treeez!

many people utilize light deprivation in the greenhouse industry. Reading HT occasionally and they often showcase marijuana growers who don't stay within the traditional flowering light periods that you do. I am not one of them of course, but I know some personally that grow under non traditional light scheduling. You can google a high times article for further explanation. I'm not all technical, but simply followed instructions for success. There are details like plot location etc that surely are an integral part of success.  I can' teach you to do it, but the subject is very popular, for the last 30 years or so. Its used for other crops also. I've even known an ole dog that learned the new trick.

I just wanted to share what I do year after year in my small outdoor fun plot. I never expected to be doubted while offering a helping hand. I don't make dishonest claims here. If I'm mistaken I admit it. This is an account of my real life experiences.

If I were you I would avoid any of this outside the box thinking and  too much light stuff, as you've clearly made up your mind since your first post, and are correct, that it wouldn't work for you, with most strains.

keep it at that, grow traditionally, and enjoy great success, just like me. :bbq:

many people utilize light deprivation in the greenhouse industry. Reading HT occasionally and they often showcase marijuana growers who don't stay within the traditional flowering light periods that you do. I am not one of them of course, but I know some personally that grow under non traditional light scheduling. You can google a high times article for further explanation. I'm not all technical, but simply followed instructions for success. There are details like plot location etc that surely are an integral part of success.  I can' teach you to do it, but the subject is very popular, for the last 30 years or so. Its used for other crops also. I've even known an ole dog that learned the new trick.

I just wanted to share what I do year after year in my small outdoor fun plot. I never expected to be doubted while offering a helping hand. I don't make dishonest claims here. If I'm mistaken I admit it. This is an account of my real life experiences.

If I were you I would avoid any of this outside the box thinking and  too much light stuff, as you've clearly made up your mind since your first post, and are correct, that it wouldn't work for you, with most strains.

keep it at that, grow traditionally, and enjoy great success, just like me. :bbq:

Nothing personal. It was just advice for readers learning to grow outdoors.

Well alright then. So I'll veg it in a 15gal until june rolls around and pop her into the ground. She's just going to be a normal photo seed though, no auto's for outside, those'll just stay in the veg chamber while the photos move to flower. As per light schedules, I use an 18/6 for veg indoors. I don't want a mold monster though, so thanks for the heads up on that. Certainly not looking to produce a couple lb's of shwag. Not my gig, I'm all in for quality, quality, quality.