Vets Must Sign Pain Contract?

Didn't get anything like that. However I did get a call about starting a new Hep_C drug trial in june. 90% Success rate, alleged.  They told me they were having good luck with the current drugs, allegedly near  to eradication, soon...  This'll be my second treatment, hope I have more luck this time.  

You know you don't have to get ObamaCare. Unless you wanted more coverage? Don't know if their scripts are covered? Doubt it.

i'm a hep c patient as well...but i didn't get any trial notice only the pain contract notice..i hope you're a part of the 90% success rate,,..i'd like to hear from someone who's seen the pain contract and can explain what the process is...my next step will be to find a Dr.that will be willing to write scripts for the pain meds i need,,money isn't the problem....bp

Edited by budpuffer

In general it means they will be checking you for all drugs in your system to make sure you are taking all your pain meds and not selling them, and to see if there any illegal drugs in your system such as marijuana .
There are usually many more conditions to these contracts and if you violate any of them they will refuse to prescribe you any more pain meds.
I take a very mild dose of xanax daily and when i called for a refill i was told that at my next appointment i would be required to sign a controlled drug contract and have lab work done.
I consider this a violation of my privacy and will refuse to sign anything,they can keep their xanax.
good luck

hello all,i just rec'd a letter from the VA stating that in order to keep getting my "controled substances" i have to sign a pain contract with my VA provider,,,anyone famillar with this...it seems like there's always someone messin' with us vets...bp

I know of other pain management clinics, not just the VA, doing this same thing. Some go as far as making you submit a urine sample.

Pain Mgt Drs. Mine made me sign the same thing,even though I get no pain meds from him.,nor from any Dr. Another reason NOT to tell ANY Dr you are a MMJ pt. They can drop you for no reason,any Dr can do that. Yet the FDA releases a new opiate drug that is stronger than anything they have made yet,and extremely addictive. Are Drs tested at all? Just when they start school. After that they are free as the breeze, My only Dr is a resident at Wayne State,and just took his boards.He is 31 years old and I asked him if they were tested. That was his answer. Starts with Pain Mgt Drs,now will be the way it is for all Drs that can RX pain meds. The Govt wants to know all about you,thanks ovomit care. Goodbye privacy. We voted,we follow the law,and yet the promises made by this creep for your vote just smacked you in the face. And it will get worse. A prez and an AG that were "illegal" drug users are now squealing pigs,running our Govt. And this even includes people that need durable medical equiptment we will be paying another new tax on medical supplies. Service goes down,but for some reason the govt has pleanty of money. They blame it on the insurance companies....they are only complying with what the "ACA" is making them do. Did anyone read about Farid Fata,the Hemo Dr that stole over 10 mil from medicaid and medicare cancer pts? He also killed 8 people. This is the same Dr that my gastro Dr,also an Arab,sent me to. Glad I got a second opinion from U of M Hemo Dept before I let him infuse me with anything. Watch out for all the articles claiming how microchipping will be a boon for health care. Then check where these companies are getting all the money to invade every aspect of your life. You can say it isn't true. But it is. How many of you have had your dogs chipped,in case they get lost? It is an injection that feels like any other injection. When you go to the ER or are admitted.they are required by law to drug test you,and if you come up dirty,they must report you. Any needle in your arm can tell them much more about you that just a tinkle test.

Its a good thing that the VA is OK with Vets using Cannabis as long as you have a card but they test me all the time and have never ask to see a card

i question this point...i don't think the VA is Med friendly..are you sure of this bob?..,i have to sign this contract by the 1st of June and i supect they'll ask me to drop a urine test while i'm there....i wouldn't want to sign the contract show my card and find myself in a drug abuse program for 90 days or have my perscriptions blocked because i failed the test..,,,until i can line up a mmj friendly doctor i don't want to go with out my mmj meds,they're the only thing keeping me sane and i'd be in withdraws and a lot of pain with out my vicodin,,...if anyone knows a mmj friendly Dr. please PM me asap so i can stop worrying about this,.. .thanks. ..bp

i question this point...i don't think the VA is Med friendly..are you sure of this bob?..,i have to sign this contract by the 1st of June and i supect they'll ask me to drop a urine test while i'm there....i wouldn't want to sign the contract show my card and find myself in a drug abuse program for 90 days or have my perscriptions blocked because i failed the test..,,,until i can line up a mmj friendly doctor i don't want to go with out my mmj meds,they're the only thing keeping me sane and i'd be in withdraws and a lot of pain with out my vicodin,,...if anyone knows a mmj friendly Dr. please PM me asap so i can stop worrying about this,.. .thanks. ..bp

Thanks

it is true the V. A sent out a press release about 3-4 years ago saying you are OK with cannabis if it is legal inn your State 

i document all my cannabis use with the VA

they have been beyond receptive and totally interested in learning about cannabis benefits.

I have nothing to hide.  I feel sick and cannabis helps me feel better....

prior to my colonoscopy last summer while i was waiting and prepping.. i spent a good hour teaching the nurses and one doctor all about medibles and alternative delivery methods for cannabis use...

we discussed effectiveness and obstacles.. it was totally refreshing.

i have not yet met one person at the VA who expressed any opposition to me using cannabis legally.

first i'd like to thank everyone who has responed to this post...its really helped ..and as you can tell i'm pretty anxious about it.. well i've set up an app't Wednesday to talk to the PA at the VA...i'll find out then what the skinny is..i hope it's as i heard here and it'll all be good news....i think it would be total BS to not give me enough time to drop a clean urine sample if that's whats needed to keep getting my pain meds...back in 2009 my VA doc.said that he couldn't sign my MMJ form,but did say that he thought i might get some relief from using.which isn't a bad thing. ....i'll post what i find out Weds.so that other Vets will know what the skinny is....again thanks guys,,,,,bp    ps i'll talk to the PA about the hep-c trial and see if i can get in on that too...bp

im not sure where you are located at, but I have an mm friendly dr. that will give you your pain pills while you are an mm pt, she no longer renews or recs but she wont kick you out because you use your meds and mm, she is located in standish, let me know if that is close enough to you, I will give you name and number!

also since you know when your vet appt's are, you could use a clense before going and you wont show up pos for thc! they have many that work, ive used them on probation and never once had to quit using mm or failed a urine screen!

Best of Luck!

Peace

thanks phaquetoo...i've concidered using a cleaner,,,but i need to show that i am taking my vicodin and not selling it,,,so the wash would have to be for MMJ only and i have no idea if or whats available..as for the urine test,it's only once a year so i could handle stopping my mmj meds for a couple months before having to drop if need be ,,no big deal...but as it stands now i have about 45 days before i have to sign the contract and do the test,, so if i stop using now i would have at best a 50/50 chance of passing.....see kids this is what happens when you become dependant on drugs...lol...i'll see what happens Wednesday...Plaq thanks for the offer if need be i'll PM you for the Drs.contact info,,,bp

thanks phaquetoo...i've concidered using a cleaner,,,but i need to show that i am taking my vicodin and not selling it,,,so the wash would have to be for MMJ only and i have no idea if or whats available..as for the urine test,it's only once a year so i could handle stopping my mmj meds for a couple months before having to drop if need be ,,no big deal...but as it stands now i have about 45 days before i have to sign the contract and do the test,, so if i stop using now i would have at best a 50/50 chance of passing.....see kids this is what happens when you become dependant on drugs...lol...i'll see what happens Wednesday...Plaq thanks for the offer if need be i'll PM you for the Drs.contact info,,,bp

No prob, they have ones that are a 5 day clean out, you can keep doing your rx's just stop the mm untill after the test, your narco's should show up if you dont quit them while you clense, but the mm will be gone if you quit that while doing the clean out, and no prob for dr. just pm me You dont even need to use me as reference, they are looking for pt's, I found this one by chance, when I first started going to her she did renew me, than they moved their office to a st, marys campus, so her md is not allowed to do certs or renews, but they are cool about it like I said, we talk about what mm does and dont do for me, mostly what it helps though!

Peace

edit= gnc or rite aid, rite aid has a gnc isle in there stores, if you can find a gnc they have a few more, but ive always used gnc, ive also used basicaly the same from wall mart for a diff price, I always get a urine tester so I can check the reading before I go do one!

Edited by phaquetoo

im not sure where you are located at, but I have an mm friendly dr. that will give you your pain pills while you are an mm pt, she no longer renews or recs but she wont kick you out because you use your meds and mm, she is located in standish, let me know if that is close enough to you, I will give you name and number!

also since you know when your vet appt's are, you could use a clense before going and you wont show up pos for thc! they have many that work, ive used them on probation and never once had to quit using mm or failed a urine screen!

Best of Luck!

Peace

Could you please PM me some of those names? I'd be very interested in the ones that work as I am in a position where I may need to use them. Thanks! Edited by GrassMonkey