Changing Flowering Times

JBotts420

I would adjust this way, and have actually.

on your chosen day adjust the timer to lights on 6 am, and lights off @ noon. Select 12 am as your next lights on, with 12 pm as lights off. You'll skip some lights on activity for the first day, the dark period will be inconsequential, as stable genetics wont skip a beat. We aim to avoid increasing the amount of daylight, but adjusting the dark period once is generally safe. Don't let lights flick on in the middle of a dark period, unless its lights on time. double check your timers for proper operation.

but most of all, have fun!

I would move the timer forward an hour each day, during the light on cycle. Do this six times and you are where you wanted to be. If you are in a hurry move it two hours a day, three times. If you can't wait to get it over with move it 6 hours one time. Plants like gentle changes though. I would go for the hour a day.

I've heard not to screw with the dark cycle.  Clouds make it dark during the day cycle but nothing usually comes out at night to interrupt the sleep cycle.  I'd leave the lights on from 6am till midnight and then have them come on at noon the next day.

Right. That's why you move the timer forward DURING THE LIGHT ON CYCLE. That way the plants always have their needed 12 hours of darkness. An hour a day is the gentlest way to do it. Just in case you have touchy strains.

safest ^^^^

greenhouse growers will tell you about the intense moonlight during the growing season. When I grew with a clear roof it was scary as heck to me as a new grower. I realize now that junk genetics will produce junk results. Sonce then I've tried purposely to "hermie" plants in tents with NO such luck. Not sure of the abuse needed to do this, but my power is out several times a year, and I set timers in the hermie tents to pop on all ours of the "night", still no hermies.  Evidently I got lucky with quality when I ordered every ht cannabis cup winner to date, none ever gave me an issue. I only had issues with Tahoe and Blueberry, and most buddy/bag seeds in my rooms. I ditched the Blu, and repaired the Tahoe, and never grew bag seed or buddy seed again. Tahoe is Top 5 for everyone of my patients since 2008, and me.

I guess it seems any method will work.  I just changed with the time zone and extended daylight.  I've read that they've done tests with 30hr schedules of 12 hours dark and 18 on and successfully flowered strains also.  That's where I read as long as there is the same amount of dark they respond to flowering without stress.  this was years ago.  i think I pretty much stopped reading 15-20+ years ago and just started picking up medical issues and high times about 2 years back for a year.