A Couple O' Soil Questions

AbominableDro-Man

. I cant believe a caregiver for 5 patients would do it any other way but a power mixer. Operating a perpetually harvested/planted garden while juggling legal weights, consistent supply, exact plant numbers, cloning schedules, genetic introductions is nothing like what a cropper does, or even someone growing for a couple buddies. Every tool available that will save me time, saves me money too. Selling at rock bottom cost provides affordability to poorer patients, and these tools enable me to continue. Soil is heavy and dirty, supporting 75000 worms in dirt to provide 100% organic fertilizer is taxing, mixing dozens of plant pots per week, amending them with trays of wet worm castings  is ridiculous labor added to me. The mixer alone saves my back, and several hours weekly, easily. I wish I was young again.

I believe you may  have a few misconceptions of what/why I do. Obviously differing from what you do, I hope we can one day compare technique and explain it's reasoning satisfactorily. :bighug:

For those that are not so lazy, or are budget minded, check out the mortar mixing tubs and hoes. I used to be a mortar tender when I was a kid and I can't believe someone would buy a power mixer for how much you have to mix for plants. lol

use as much as it takes, or none at all. You're trying to aerate the HF is all. After your first time you'll be able to see how water flows in the dirt, how long the dirt stays moist, etc, and adjust accordingly. There is NO right way to follow or instruct. Different ways have proven successful to thousands of growers. Pick up a copy of Jorge Cervantes grow bible with his pics of soil and mixes for a great start.

Water it till its moist and mix it. After mixed my two gallon pots dry require 4 cups of water at watering time to get it to the "right" consistency for me.

what changed bob?

awww, you skeered of outdoor growing success?  There is no reason to fear the outcome. Proper planning goes a long way in the quality of an outdoor harvest in MI. Most of the bean chucking outdoors I've seen is exactly what you describe, garbage grown on hope and luck. Shame on all those clandestine growers of yesteryear, for never picking up a book on the subject.

One thing has changed for outside grows after you plant them all you can do is cross you'll fingers and hope they turn out

it's my own opinion