My Patient Was Out Of Meds, But Had No $$

slvrvetteragtop

i learned the hard hard way the truth 'in god we trust, all others pay cash.'  before i came to that truth, i began to hate myself as a sucker, and the solution was 'cash only,' repeated...cash only, the grifters stopped coming.  their final gurgle--after promises to pay failed--you need me for plant count--flush!  

i never feel the self-reproach and distaste i felt from having swallowed stinky bs.

I concur kind sir.

If there is a true lack of funds charity is OK but don't tell me your low income and agree to sign with me then meet at a local McDonald's and pull up in a bitchin sweet expensive Saleen Mustang yes that is a true story .

If your P said he/she was low income then ulled up in a Saleen, I would have said see this....(beautiful buds) go FUX urself.  !! LOL...no way someone can be low income and support a Saleen payment, insurance, gass, up keep etc, etc.....

KD,

Did u give that person meds..?  I would have felt so insulted.  Now that better have been like the persons Brothers car or something really verifiable...like car registration, proof of insurance in someone elses name...or I would have been soo peeved...! 

The point is to know what is true

darn recycling what..???  daamn...now that is a darn shame..to those folks that are truly needy my hearts go out to all parties involved but to screw people out of hard earned money by saving your poor that is just wrong.  uggh the sick shiiyat people do to others..geez.

Everybody has a budget. I don't know one person that doesn't have to worry about money anymore. And Pic? Don't hate yourself for having a kind heart. People do crappy stuff to us....get rid of them before they suck the life out of you. Many people need help. It's the lying ones that kill me. When someone comes to us with a 9 year old dog they have had since he was a pup,and now they have a baby,and the dog doesn't like the baby,and the dog has to be GONE ASAP...........like we have some wonderful giant kennel and plenty of dog food and supplies..............and a million people standing in line wanting to adopt the dog that never got neutered,or shots......well those are the people I want to punch in the mouth. Then they get outraged when you ask them for a fee....so the dog can get shots and neutered and MAYBE,just maybe,get a loving forever home. Even homeless people will keep their dog,no matter what.

Everybody has a budget. I don't know one person that doesn't have to worry about money anymore. And Pic? Don't hate yourself for having a kind heart. People do crappy stuff to us....get rid of them before they suck the life out of you. Many people need help. It's the lying ones that kill me. When someone comes to us with a 9 year old dog they have had since he was a pup,and now they have a baby,and the dog doesn't like the baby,and the dog has to be GONE ASAP...........like we have some wonderful giant kennel and plenty of dog food and supplies..............and a million people standing in line wanting to adopt the dog that never got neutered,or shots......well those are the people I want to punch in the mouth. Then they get outraged when you ask them for a fee....so the dog can get shots and neutered and MAYBE,just maybe,get a loving forever home. Even homeless people will keep their dog,no matter what.

This goes hand-in-hand with an earlier post I put up.  I hesitate to generalize, but I have seen this played out too.  A low-income couple with 7 kids, 4 of which have been declared "messed up" in one way or another...with the mom and step-dad collecting a sudden back-payment of $18,000 in SS benefits for the kids and and a kid or three now labeled as a charity of the state to the tune of about $1,200 per kid per month.  The $18,000 got blown on a trailer and a sexy Dodge pickup, while the mom and dad are counting on the new SS payment for the kids to support the family for the next 10 years.  And the first monthly payment from SS went to a TV and surround stereo.  And there was maybe $50 left over for a puppy...then next month, when it came time to pay for the renta-center payment and the new lot rent and insurance for the pickup, suddenly there isn't enough left over for the pup to get shots/wormed/fixed....so that waits until the next month.....rinse and repeat...and after a year you have an unruly/untrained dog with no shots, maybe heart worms, etc. being offered-up to the next home because the mom and dad (who never really tried) are sick of cleaning up dog poop from the carpet and don't have the money to pay for the rabies shot..... to pay for the new county registration fee (which requires the rabies shot).  I do try to remain compassionate, but I have also grown tired of the poor planning....people thinking that because they have an extra 50 bucks today that they are suddenly in a position to adopt an animal....without thinking of what costs will be tomorrow to give the animal a fair existence.

If there is a true lack of funds charity is OK but don't tell me your low income and agree to sign with me then meet at a local McDonald's and pull up in a bitchin sweet expensive Saleen Mustang yes that is a true story .

Yep true as the day is long......................

To the op I think you have made a wise choice in giving your patient a chance. That being said just keep an eye on things and do not be afraid to do what you have to do if that time comes. You sound like a caring cg........ and you do not have to give away free to be a caring cg...... Good luck

If your P said he/she was low income then ulled up in a Saleen, I would have said see this....(beautiful buds) go FUX urself.  !! LOL...no way someone can be low income and support a Saleen payment, insurance, gass, up keep etc, etc.....

KD,

Did u give that person meds..?  I would have felt so insulted.  Now that better have been like the persons Brothers car or something really verifiable...like car registration, proof of insurance in someone elses name...or I would have been soo peeved...!

Oh hell no I said nice car (car was his bought and paid for) I think ill pass on our agreement your car is worth more than my house ...

many of my patients discuss the "money making opportunity" of caregiving with me during our interview or after we are registered. Most believe it is a lucrative business with great potential, that is, until I clarify the five patient, plant count, and possession rules that I follow to them. After that, they wonder how/why I  supply for $175 per ounce.

I know of a 420 chick cg who recently threw in the towel. She found it so difficult to manage five patients, and could rarely find patients who would actually accept the amounts they said they would need. No shows, scary folks, night calls, dealers, ...she said enough and stopped planting cannabis. She was a 5 year veteran who's product was among the best I've sampled.

many of my patients discuss the "money making opportunity" of caregiving with me during our interview or after we are registered. Most believe it is a lucrative business with great potential, that is, until I clarify the five patient, plant count, and possession rules that I follow to them. After that, they wonder how/why I  supply for $175 per ounce.

I know of a 420 chick cg who recently threw in the towel. She found it so difficult to manage five patients, and could rarely find patients who would actually accept the amounts they said they would need. No shows, scary folks, night calls, dealers, ...she said enough and stopped planting cannabis. She was a 5 year veteran who's product was among the best I've sampled.

I think it's becoming more and more clear, as time goes by, that being a MM caregiver IS actually caregiving, and not really a money making opportunity. When you do the math it's not lucrative (unless you stole the cannabis, lol). Just like with buying a house or car, some folks avoid doing the math until they are flat broke, or worse. Caregiving works good for the patient that is trying to offset some of that electric bill when they had a good crop. Other than that, it's a life of hard knocks that does not pay well at all.

I'm not addicted to marijuana, but I am to growing it. :angel:

Yup. And even shady folks stepping all over you doesn't ever change that part at all. It can be your own personal little piece of heaven. Lord knows we all can use that these days. Maybe that will be why we get to keep it, because God loves honest to goodness growers? Maybe?

Our car is bought and paid for....................a 2001 PT Cruiser with 70.000 miles on it. No more air,but it runs good. And that car has transported over 36 rescue dogs! Yeah we be livin the fancy life out here..............Jest mindin our own.

yep I have a 97 ranger I bought new just before some one t-boned me in it and I got disabled lol, it took almost a yr to get my new truck back, I have a 05 explorer bought with tax money 5k 3 yrs ago, both of my trucks are bought and paid for and running well (im knocking on wood) our mortgage is cheaper than renting would be up here for a 3 bdrm 2 full bath, finished basement, with taxes included our mortgage is 470 a month with only 12 yrs left on payment!

We most def have to live within our means, we have a budget and if we stray from it, well it takes to long to get it back to good!

I dont realy no anyone who is not on a budget to keep their bills paid on time that is on disability or retired!

Peace

you'd think a god would be punishing those who seek to limit access to our "meats" and seed bearing herbs.

Yup. And even shady folks stepping all over you doesn't ever change that part at all. It can be your own personal little piece of heaven. Lord knows we all can use that these days. Maybe that will be why we get to keep it, because God loves honest to goodness growers? Maybe?

yep I have a 97 ranger I bought new just before some one t-boned me in it and I got disabled lol, it took almost a yr to get my new truck back, I have a 05 explorer bought with tax money 5k 3 yrs ago, both of my trucks are bought and paid for and running well (im knocking on wood) our mortgage is cheaper than renting would be up here for a 3 bdrm 2 full bath, finished basement, with taxes included our mortgage is 470 a month with only 12 yrs left on payment!

We most def have to live within our means, we have a budget and if we stray from it, well it takes to long to get it back to good!

I dont realy no anyone who is not on a budget to keep their bills paid on time that is on disability or retired!

Peace

My CHevy has 112k Miles on it.  Dropped the tranny last summer luckily my warranty paid for it and the blown crank shaft a month later..!  LOL...knock on wood nothing else going on her....grrrr

My CHevy has 112k Miles on it.  Dropped the tranny last summer luckily my warranty paid for it and the blown crank shaft a month later..!  LOL...knock on wood nothing else going on her....grrrr

I just sold my 90 gmc suburban 170k 350 motor, I got a grand for it and we got new carpet for our living room,hall and stair case!

My ranger has 127k and runs, my explore has around 112k on it and runs realy good, if I am the only person driving it, it may last me the rest of my life lol!

Peace

I just sold my 90 gmc suburban 170k 350 motor, I got a grand for it and we got new carpet for our living room,hall and stair case!

My ranger has 127k and runs, my explore has around 112k on it and runs realy good, if I am the only person driving it, it may last me the rest of my life lol!

Peace

wow....well 170k Is a lot but the age is what is more of a factor it's a 90'  ..daamn... usually with an ged  and used car struts, shocks, axle are what goe...etc...etc.  So the age is really what i think is crazy about that...well and 170k Miles is a lot as well. lol

• 2 weeks later...

that's some expensive tomatoes.... when I used to live in a state that wasn't compassionate we used to joke about putting tomatoes under a dozen lights and tell every1 "im growin" to see how long it would take for johnny law to violate my rights

Thanks for the responses and advice!  Actually, gardening is my way of staying sane, so it is a hobby for me, and not a way to generate income.  The lighting units I have purchased benefit my other plants, and I have been enjoying homegrown, organic tomatoes all winter.  Money is not the issue, it is more of a principles thing.  I would be honored to have veterans as patients, and not charge then anything.

wow....well 170k Is a lot but the age is what is more of a factor it's a 90'  ..daamn... usually with an ged  and used car struts, shocks, axle are what goe...etc...etc.  So the age is really what i think is crazy about that...well and 170k Miles is a lot as well. lol

my old lady had a chrysler or plymouth mini van, a 92, she had almost 300k on it when her ding dong sun totaled it, 170 on a 350 that was taken care of isnt sheat lol, you can get 300k on 8 cylinders all day long if you maintain them!  that 90 suburban was like new inside, my mom drove it since new, Im talking like brand new inside, it was an 8 seater with a tow package, posi traction, I never got that thing stuck any where!

Peace

edit= that 90 suburb got 12 miles to the gallon, and 8mpg when I towed my camper, it wasnt cost effective any longer, it had a brand new 40 gallon tank took almost 160 bucks to fill the tank!!!

Edited by phaquetoo