Funding A Cancer Patient's Legal Fight

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28101571/GaryMoffettPriorRecords..pdf

There is the link to the original document, published with permission.

Thank you for your input Phaq, but you are off on this one and here is the original document to provide the facts and confirm my earlier statements.  I don't go part way.  I do agree with your statement about knowing the facts, we have seen too much of the 'oh my God I was legal and just maintaining my 400 plant medical grow and selling to sick patients' but this case is clearly different.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

The OUI charge seems to have resulted from a minor traffic accident which is claimed to have occurred because he crested a hill and was blinded by the sun, resulting in a 'bump' of a car ahead of him.  The police questioned him and he admitted to using medical marijuana the previous day in the morning.  It is pretty clear from the request to search I linked to.  

Let's get back on track here.  He seems to want to fight this and has an attorney, will you help, both of you?

and leo will lie through thier teeth to get into your home or car! Come on man!

I feel realy bad for this guy, Im pretty much gonna do what we shouldnt do, judge a book by his cover,( at this time I actualy look like this guy) im thinking he is street smart also, I dont beleive he should be screwed with for such a small amount, but like I said why did they come and charge him for the mm months later! That is usualy what happens when they pop some one dealing, they dont always arrest them right away, they let them hang them selves some more and than swoop down and make us look bad!

and im not saying that is what happened here, I truly dont know what happened here and am wondering why we are discussing this w/o all of the details, kinda reminds me of carruthers, had I known the whole story I wouldnt have donated nothing to the poor lil rich boy!

leo sucks! I try to avoid them now!

Peace

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28101571/GaryMoffettPriorRecords..pdf

There is the link to the original document, published with permission.

Thank you for your input Phaq, but you are off on this one and here is the original document to provide the facts and confirm my earlier statements.  I don't go part way.  I do agree with your statement about knowing the facts, we have seen too much of the 'oh my God I was legal and just maintaining my 400 plant medical grow and selling to sick patients' but this case is clearly different.

Dr. Bob

Bob this sucks, if you can read that, go to the part that says he has an expired mm card. sec 8 eh?

and was charged with impaired!

Life is a complain and than you marry one and than you die!

Peace

edit= the plot thickens!

Edited by phaquetoo

See I put up an example and the answer comes back well if you this that and the other thing. I did not say that the tv was being refused to be turned down etc.......... Say the leo smells MJ at the door and then asks about it and you show your card. Should be the end of it correct? Now lets say the leo now says I have to search even after seeing your card. Now is it your fault? I say no. Yea to each their own......

I agree not every case is innocent but I also agree that not every case is justified either. What about the judge that says MEDICAL MARIJUANA NOT IN MY TOWN?  Even though there has been a law past some willfully go against the law. Anyone who thinks every case out there is justified is simply out of their mind. I do not just blindly get behind anything and I think you all know neither does Dr. Bob.

Say the transport law does count for Medical Marijuana Patients. Then if they were charging him for the transport law that would be one thing BUT that is not what is happening here.

sorry dr bob, you and your patient have to fight in the court of public opinion. it shouldnt be that way but people make judgements quickly based on facts available.

this case is important to the rest of us because it means if we get in any kind of accident and the police smell marijuana, they can draw blood and call us criminals. even if there is no impairment or the guy passes the sobriety test.

thanks to gary and you for sharing this pdf.

it can help other people see what happens. so the 'dont smell like marijuana' and 'dont smoke in your car' are good ideas as long as marijuana is still illegal. dont get me wrong, i'm not attacking anyone. i'm not judging anyone. i just like to learn for myself what to do and what can cause me problems in my own life.

we should support anyone willing to fight. theres thousands of people out there who arent fighting.

we have to support those who will fight to protect those who wont.

sorry dr bob, you and your patient have to fight in the court of public opinion. it shouldnt be that way but people make judgements quickly based on facts available.

this case is important to the rest of us because it means if we get in any kind of accident and the police smell marijuana, they can draw blood and call us criminals. even if there is no impairment or the guy passes the sobriety test.

thanks to gary and you for sharing this pdf.

it can help other people see what happens. so the 'dont smell like marijuana' and 'dont smoke in your car' are good ideas as long as marijuana is still illegal. dont get me wrong, i'm not attacking anyone. i'm not judging anyone. i just like to learn for myself what to do and what can cause me problems in my own life.

we should support anyone willing to fight. theres thousands of people out there who arent fighting.

we have to support those who will fight to protect those who wont.

Not only just having an accident. You can get pulled over for anything. A friend of mine just went through this extact same deal and it all started with a tail light out, which could happen at any time. Ended up losing his license for a while, had some fines, and a year on probation. I believe the only way to beat this would be to have the roadside sobriety test on camera. You have to be impaired to be breaking the law.

he had seen me and was in the process of renewing, but didn't have the new card yet.  He had his old one.

Had 21 days expired since he had sent it? Had he sent it at all? How long had he been out of compliance? Does his former statement from his physician count as a sec. 8 qualifier, "...that a physician has stated..."? Is that statement a matter of record with his doctor? Are you that doctor?

Edited by GregS

Just to address a couple of things.  I'll put up the charge sheet as soon as I get it so folks can see the original source document.  As for the money, I started the fund, so it goes to me and I write a check to Mr. Hartman directly (both will be posted to make the accounting clear- 100% of the money will go to the legal costs less what gofundme charges to collect and maintain the fund, which is minimal).

The final point is that I find it ironic that those that recommend folks push the law and put themselves at risk over some pet theory are the first to suggest it is cheaper to just take the plea and pay the fine.  So much for wannabee activists.  Gary will do what is in his best interests and currently wants to fight this but lacks the legal fees.  He has an attorney willing to fight.  Will we back him?

There have been donations ranging from $5 to well over $1000.  Every bit helps, and if we donate according to our means it will get done.  I'm also looking for businesses and organizations willing to match donations.  Once the amount hits $1000, Denali Healthcare will match dollar for dollar.  Will any other companies or organizations join us?

Dr. Bob

Screw you your assholeness. Oops. That should be capitalized Your Assholeness. This is obviously a case that will require the sec. 8 defense you have continually argued is illegitimate because this is a clear infraction of sec. 4, and no minor one like being a couple of plants over in his count.  If you want help of any kind from me you will show me a little courtesy.

Edited by GregS

Just to address a couple of things.  I'll put up the charge sheet as soon as I get it so folks can see the original source document.  As for the money, I started the fund, so it goes to me and I write a check to Mr. Hartman directly (both will be posted to make the accounting clear- 100% of the money will go to the legal costs less what gofundme charges to collect and maintain the fund, which is minimal).

The final point is that I find it ironic that those that recommend folks push the law and put themselves at risk over some pet theory are the first to suggest it is cheaper to just take the plea and pay the fine.  So much for wannabee activists.  Gary will do what is in his best interests and currently wants to fight this but lacks the legal fees.  He has an attorney willing to fight.  Will we back him?

There have been donations ranging from $5 to well over $1000.  Every bit helps, and if we donate according to our means it will get done.  I'm also looking for businesses and organizations willing to match donations.  Once the amount hits $1000, Denali Healthcare will match dollar for dollar.  Will any other companies or organizations join us?

Dr. Bob

Thank you Doctor Bob

we will give as much as we can he is not alone me and Torey supports him and if i could i would go to his Court day also

Screw you your assholeness. Oops. That should be capitalized Your Assholeness. This is obviously a case that will require the sec. 8 defense you have continually argued is illegitimate because this is a clear infraction of sec. 4, and no minor one like being a couple of plants over in his count.  If you want any help of any kind from me you will show me a little courtesy.

Thank you for your offer.  I am sure we will get along with the good folks that are interested in the case.  Let's stay on topic.

Dr. Bob

I don't plan on doing anything other than helping him raise money to pay a qualified attorney to fight for him.  I assume it is a section 8 and I think he has a good shot at it.  

Let's stay on topic and help this patient.  Translation, the topic is raising funds for his legal defense, not debating the strategy of the defense or name calling.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

I don't plan on doing anything other than helping him raise money to pay a qualified attorney to fight for him.  I assume it is a section 8 and I think he has a good shot at it.  

Let's stay on topic and help this patient.

Dr. Bob

What he intends to do with our money is most certainly a pertinent question. THAT is fully within the range of the topic. Why do you refuse to disclose that? Please don't insult our intelligence and tell us you don't know.

Edited by GregS

Because I am not planning his defense or acting as his attorney.  We have professionals for that.  You are clouding the issue.  I suspect it will be a section 8 and in all honesty, his attorney has the defense covered, but I am not going to debate you, allow you to turn this into some personal issue, or do anything other than raise some funds for this patient.  

So if you don't have a specific contribution to make, I am sure there are other threads that need your attention.

Once again, here is the link http://www.gofundme.com/8dwzz4 we are up to $130 thanks to folks that are helping.

Dr. Bob

Because I am not planning his defense or acting as his attorney.  We have professionals for that.  You are clouding the issue.  I suspect it will be a section 8 and in all honesty, his attorney has the defense covered, but I am not going to debate you, allow you to turn this into some personal issue, or do anything other than raise some funds for this patient.  

So if you don't have a specific contribution to make, I am sure there are other threads that need your attention.

Once again, here is the link http://www.gofundme.com/8dwzz4 we are up to $130 thanks to folks that are helping.

Dr. Bob

I call chickenschit. You can't seriously come to us with your hand hanging out for money without reasonable specifics. Then to have it go through you, a known fool and a lair, is asking an awful lot. If you don't have the details at this point, I expect you can get them pretty quick. You are clouding the issue and telling us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Trust me. I have lots to contribute.

Edited by GregS

and leo will lie through thier teeth to get into your home or car! Come on man!

I feel realy bad for this guy, Im pretty much gonna do what we shouldnt do, judge a book by his cover,( at this time I actualy look like this guy) im thinking he is street smart also, I dont beleive he should be screwed with for such a small amount, but like I said why did they come and charge him for the mm months later! That is usualy what happens when they pop some one dealing, they dont always arrest them right away, they let them hang them selves some more and than swoop down and make us look bad!

and im not saying that is what happened here, I truly dont know what happened here and am wondering why we are discussing this w/o all of the details, kinda reminds me of carruthers, had I known the whole story I wouldnt have donated nothing to the poor lil rich boy!

leo sucks! I try to avoid them now!

Peace

The arrest was made months later because that is the amount of time it takes for blood test results to return from the lab to the department that made the initial charge.

Edited by GregS

Pity we can't just come together and help a patient without the distractions and disruptions of personal feuds.  I think I'll just let others on the board carry on with helping Gary and promoting his cause to avoid the conflict and name calling.

Not only do we have an activist wannabe suggest the guy take a plea or just pay the fine because it is cheaper, then he goes to the page and puts up a bunch of comments to discourage donations to his legal fees.  For the record, Gary's card expired less than a week before the incident and he had already made arrangements to come in to renew.  I took Greg's comments down on the gofundme page.

Take care and please help Spread Gary's story.  This was put up to ask for help for a patient's legal fees, not to get him harassed.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Pity we can't just come together and help a patient without the distractions and disruptions of personal feuds.  I think I'll just let others on the board carry on with helping Gary and promoting his cause to avoid the conflict and name calling.

Not only do we have an activist wannabe suggest the guy take a plea or just pay the fine because it is cheaper, then he goes to the page and puts up a bunch of comments to discourage donations to his legal fees.  For the record, Gary's card expired less than a week before the incident and he had already made arrangements to come in to renew.  I took Greg's comments down on the gofundme page.

Take care and please help Spread Gary's story.  This was put up to ask for help for a patient's legal fees, not to get him harassed.

Dr. Bob

I'm harassing you fool. I might stop when your face is burger.

Edited by GregS