Feds Allege Medical Marijuana Law Used As Ruse, 37 Indicted In West Michigan Operation

I use over one ounce of the best medical cannabis I've ever used ,every week. maybe you're a light weight youngin or sumpin ?

I wish I could fetch more money now, but for real, when I first began this trek, I did, much more, but the work and risk of exposure to the types paying that price was not worth it to me, and I nearly stopped cg'ing for others because of it. I reinvented my plan, and have soared with these few tweaks. Dispensaries get 20 bucks a gram because they sell grams at a time. I gift quarter ounces with each paid for ounce. I'll see you at the top for sure, and hopefully you can introduce me to some really cool patients who gladly pay 275/ounce for one per week, I'll be there man. What kind of fool has a thousand dollars a month for their smoke anyways?  I didn't, and the ones I met that did, were the types I wish I never met to be honest

. Maybe you know those types, and they are fine to work with ?

peace out, enjoy the cash. I believed my product was worth every bit of 300 dollars per ounce. I don't want "word" to get out, and I don't ever register patients that know each other. I don't hand out samples, so nobody knows me, cept you now....namaste

What your basically saying are things that me will probably never see eye to eye on.  if someone chooses a career in the MED MJ field that they cannot make X amount per oz.?  ANd that is where we just won't see each other's point.  Not everyone has "independant" money.  Some like the NO BOSS perk.  I do think it is awesome your retired and still work.  However I pay taxes on this and that is 1 VERY big reason I have to get "X" amount because if I  was not paying taxes then yes sure I would maybe be at 225. but for every dollar I have to pay fica, ssi, state unemployment which I can never get.  So I guess we could sit in a room across the table from each other and intelligently discuss all the different pro's and con's but I guess I will just have to agree to disagree and let everyone's "TREK" take them to where ever it is supposed to take them.  Maybe whenI get to independantly wealthy status grass match I can afford to drop my prices to yours ...ayy..haha.  I am hoping to retire some day to.  So therefore I do not see anything wrong with being renumerated accordingly.

in our chosen occupations let us hope we never fall into the hands of any MED MJ hating drug cops.  because they are not our friends and never ever will be.  It is like the frog giving the scorpion a ride across the stream....frog dies every time..! lol

Grassmatch I am sure your a decent dude in real life.  We may have different views on things but I will give you credit.  I just hope you see thing not always from your side of the fence.

Stay lifted my Friend..!! LOL  that we can agree on..!! haha

Edited by motorcitymeds

Just curious but what about production costs for high-end, organic mmj?

Exclude any fixed costs-lights, timers, buckets, etc. and simply calculate the variable costs-dirt, electricity, nutrients required after the initial start-up investment.

Twenty-five bucks an ounce? Fifty?

The only caregivers I know are providing meds for $80-160/ounce.

Some have higher supply costs because they use more amendments, soils, nutes.  Add in Insurance, home, car, what is your labor worth..?  Do you live in huge house,  trailer, apartment, etc, I live in neither....lol...just an average dude.  Cell phone to commuicate, internet to research your craft.  Your home is not just a garden it should be your professonal home office.  Every busines has built in costs.  Pizza shops, landscaping.  Some have inherent risks...some less...some large.

What is your FREEDOM worth..?  LIFE..? Everytime you step in your car during rush hour traffic to deliver meds you take a risk....just saying...when your a road dog like some that travel only to their patients homes you are subjecting yourself to risk.

So there are untangibles  ... ..that cannot often be quantified.  So the monthly cost is not a pure equation.  Some need to make "x" amount to maintain a certain lifestyle.  And I know everybody on this site thinks you gotta be dirt poor and NEVER make money to be a CG but I disagree there are just simply different levels of economics to every part of society.

Edited by motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds,

thanks for the kind words. couple things I'll share with you. I don't "know" anyone that uses regularly. I would not allow them into my registry if I did know them. I post in places just like this, in the same manner, and patient contact me often.  Many of my patients seek me out to become cg's themselves, and grow also. They get their supply and their genetics from me legally, until their garden is producing. They copy/repeat what they've learned and everyone is happy. So you see, the types of people that find me might be a couple hippie snow birds on ssi, or a self employed artist, neither of making much income. These are the people I work best with, and the ones I keep my registry populated with purposely, by design. It doesn't cost me that much at all to grow, not even much time. I would be growing for myself anyways, and now my grow bills are supplemented. It's not patient compassion that drives me, sorry. I am a compassionate person, especially to patients, but what drives me is trying to keep the cost of my ridiculous conspicuous consumption to an affordable level. I trade my labor for my needs sometimes. I also have ridiculous patient interview preferences like no antidepressant use, etc. I have certain expectations, and gather those of my patients. when we're both certain we can fulfill each, we register. 21 days later, we meet. These patients register me without ever meeting me and enjoy a long term relationship. My personal bread is not muddled with my garden bread. 100% of the garden bread goes back into the garden functionality, packaging and delivery. not the right way, just my way is all.

peace

Thirty-seven people are targeted in a federal indictment issued this week that alleges they used the state’s medical marijuana law to grow and sell pot plants for profit.

BECKY VARGO

NORTHWEST OTTAWA COUNTY

APR 18, 2014

LEAF.jpg?itok=kGPkQItf

Douglas Harjer of Grand Haven and Joe and Peggy Wimmer of Grand Haven Township are among those named in the indictment.

This is the second time an indictment has been handed down in the campaign known as Operation High Mileage.

Several police agencies participated in a multiple-city bust in October 2013, arresting 27 people at the time. That same month, all of the charges were dismissed at the prosecuting attorney’s request so that officials would have more time to get the case ready for a Grand Jury review, Harjer’s attorney, Dan Grow, said at the time.

The complaint issued Tuesday says that, from January 2009 to Oct. 16, 2013, there was a conspiracy in Ottawa, Kent, Muskegon and Oceana counties to manufacture, possess and distribute marijuana.

“In order to promote the conspiracy, the defendants developed a plan to hide behind the framework of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act as they sold marijuana to persons who both consumed and resold the marijuana to other persons in violation of federal law,” the indictment reads.

Read the full indictment: Download the Related File (PDF) below this story.

Many of those charged are members of a group known as the Medical Marijuana Team, or MMT.

“The MMT prided itself on providing high-grade marijuana selling for between $180 and $220 per ounce,” the indictment says. “Many MMT members owned and wore clothing with a distinctive logo bearing the letters ‘MTM’ with marijuana leaves layered into it. Some members sport permanent tattoos with the organization’s logo.”

MMT members bought and sold marijuana, hashish, marijuana wax and other related products, the indictment reads. The team members owned “grow “stores in West Michigan, including Plant Paradise and In Do Grow, which sold supplies and equipment to people interested in the manufacture and use of marijuana.

Shawn Andrew Taylor, Molly Anne Taylor and Robert Housley were the main operators of the conspiracy, operating primarily out of Muskegon County, according to the indictment.

The indictment claims marijuana-growing operations were conducted at 22 locations, including the Wimmer house in the 15600 block of 164th Avenue in Grand Haven Township, and at a residence in the 100 block of East Savidge Street in Spring Lake.

The Wimmers were cited for growing more than 50 plants. Harjer was cited for growing less than 50 plants.

Harjer’s attorney said his client will be reporting to federal court for arraignment on May 5.

“Defendants previously arrested and processed are going to self-surrender over the next couple of weeks,” Grow said.

Grow said they’re not expecting a jail sentence in Harjer’s case.

“We’re expecting a probationary sentence,” the attorney said.

To read the whole story, see today’s print or e-edition of the Grand Haven Tribune.

Related Files: 

I have cautioned folks a few times about associating with caregivers who say "we this" and "we that". There isn't any room in caregiving for the networks and co-ops these folks refer to. As I have said before, CG to CG networking invites federal and conspiracy charges. This is a cheesy saying, but there is an "I" but no "we" in "caregiver."