Dispensary Owner Shocks Community By Offering Up A 5 Nanogram/8 Nanogram Limits For Drugged Driving During Committee Hearing About Saliva Tests

Is he a retard?

Yes. He would be a retard. 

This is a case of someone with money wanting to be important,  influential and spouting off about topics he has no clue about. He is paying a top lobbying firm in Lansing to make himself feel important then acting like a hack when making suggestions to do things that were not even asked about.

Sad thing is,.... he has a right to do so.

Ben can be counted on doing what is best for Ben.  This has nothing to do with helping the community any more than his 600 patient in a weekend no record clinics do.  Especially when he makes them 'prepay' for a follow up visit in Flint so his tail is covered.  The guy sickens me and this is just another example of his 'support' of the community.  Nothing but a cowboy out to protect number 1.  Most of the folks that are actually working for the act don't pay much attention to him other than to do damage control.

Dr. Bob

A Per Se nano grams standard is a really bad idea.

My suggestion is determine impairment by the drivers behavior. Swerving, crossing the fog line, field sobriety testing ( although suspect at best) to determine probable cause. Factors like these are more indicative of intoxication than levels of thc in the blood. I am not advocating driving while medicated, and like everyone else I want the roads to be safe. But these per se numbers are arbitrary and do nothing to give an accurate measure of actual impairment

:excl: would it be foolish to carry that in a car ?

It is not against the law to carry. It is not against the law to possess personal effects in public. The illegal transport law, which we all agree is illegitimate, is all that would cause a problem, i.e., a misdemeanor.

Edited by GregS

Saliva testing only works for smoked cannabis..

In OF, THC/THCCOOH ratios were 100-fold to 1000-fold higher than in plasma on admission (median, 212; range, 38.0–3184), rapidly decreasing to 74.8 (range, 10.5–131) by the first oral THC dose and then to 45.2 (range, 16.4–92.2) 5 h later (Fig. 5). The last OF THC/THCCOOH ratio was 0.7 for participant I, who was intermittently positive until day 7.

Our previously published data (22, 31) revealed distinct differences in the disposition and time course of THC in plasma and OF, limiting the ability to predict plasma THC concentrations from OF results after oral THC administration and contradicting the strong correlation observed after the administration of smoked cannabis (29).

http://www.clinchem.org/content/57/11/1597.long

Edited by in vivo

not so, bob, we are encouraged to vaporize our meds. Powdered flour can still be legally made, and sifting your buds through a screen is a great way to get good flour for cooking too. Brownies are still cooked traditionally with real buds inside. The buds are soaked in butter first, then mixed into the batter for a great bake.

Thanks for the link 

And smoked cannabis is the  only way we can  use  cannabis because of the Law  today ?

seems your brand of medical marijuana has enlightened you and your understanding of some dispensary mindsets. congratulations. now lets give big thanks to all of our community who fuel this guys fire over the years with barrels of cash and community support. a lot of blind support is handed out by our community, and I feel sometimes we're being played by some card holders too, taking advantage of our trusting compassionate nature, including politicians and business owners. Just look at the stock market...... No shortage of investors willing to fuel the corpocannabis takeover. Some are seen as activists and supporters of our community, and indeed are, but in the long run, greed wins, bourn in the notion of something for nothing.

Yea I know what ya mean, I seen this guy with realy long hair and a long beard, he kinda looked like a hobbit (what ever that is) he had a cane that had a built in bowl it even had its own lil lighter built in, realy kewl, he would stop and give it a puff here and there,,,,,,,But back to this testing stuff and the scum bag dispense owner trying to sell us all out, its not good enough to charge double the price to every one, he wants no one to be able to grow, and he also wants to make it ilegal to drive to his despense on meds people need in the morning, like any other meds I have been on I need them more at nite and morning, that is when im in the most pain!

Peace

Good luck registering that cane. Still it's an amazing find. 

its a long gun! as far as I know I dont have to register it, I have only registered one gun if you call givng the store my info before they bagged it and gave it to me (again a long gun) plus all of the hunting rifles my dad gave me, I dont have to register them gifts as far as I know and from what my pops tells me, but if I had to I would! I have no hand guns at this time, I wanted to wait till I was older and get my old mans service revolver as my 1st and im not sure I have to register that either, but I could be wrong, either way im not a fellon so it wont be a prob!

Peace