Are Tobacco Vaporizers Good For Cannabis Oils?

I have already answered this question previously, but I don't think I quoted you.

The KangerTech T3D is an e-cigarette product, which I prefer vs. other mmj bs vaporizers. You will have to make your concentrate into e-cannabis to use that unit. If I have my concentrate sitting here, a small metal cup, a syringe (no needle), some propylene glycol USP (PG USP), and a coffee mug warmer, I can convert my concentrate into e-cannabis in about 1 to 3 minutes. I recommend keeping it in the concentrate form and only convert to e-cannabis for only weekly use.

I have never tried the T3D, it looks worthy to try though.

The spinner looks just like the eGo C Twist VV battery. Seems that they just have a different brand name on it. eGo C Twist VV batteries go from about $20 - $25 depending on the size and where you purchase them. You can get the same thing cheaper, but they will probably not be originals.

With the battery, you can also vape the oil straight with a KISS cart or an Essential (I left a link to the Essential on another post on this thread).

You are good to go, you choose, e-cannabis or vape it straight. To vape it straight with a KISS cart you will need a 510 to 601 adapter, you can get them for $3.99 at High Desert Vapes. I have links to those and much on my blog. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

Hope this helps answer your question.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if the T3D leaks and drips a lot down to the battery like the ProTank3 does, I would recommend to try the KangerTech AeroTank. It is a dual coil bottom fed unit with fully adjustable air intake. I have been using mine for a while now with no problems. Best I have used so far for e-cannabis.

Sorry for the mass confusion and thank you for answering my questions.

I must say that is very offensive to me.

Your statement seems to be based upon your personal needs and opinion. Not to mention I haven't seen any effort from you whatsoever towards making concentrates legal. Please don't take offense to this, but I have given up on politics. When I see a judge sentence a teacher for only three months when he continuously sexually abused his own 3 year old child, and they and you are worried about what I do in my own home to my own body?

Really, this whole thing is treason.

Read the constitution over really well, then you will see that the only thing going on by our leaders is nothing but treason.

One example: The highest level of treason is taking orders from another governing body besides our own. That is going on daily by our government. Why would I want to put any effort into their court system? I am not even allowed the freedom of speech and I am not allowed to speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The only thing on the inside of the courtroom that they honor is the rules in bankruptcy where you must pay your medical bills.

I do not see any purpose in changing any more laws. Why bother? Ask Jay Bud. He is getting railroaded, looking at 15 to life for a legal grow in Cass County MI.

For starters it is illegal for the government to tell us what we can and cannot do in our own homes, considering there are no sales.

Now let's get to why that is offensive. I have done everything I can do to help change things, including the law. The best way to change laws is to get support. How do you plan on getting support if people are not aware? By government funded falsified lab results?

Can you tell me what you have invested into legalizing concentrates? When I look at the law, they are perfectly legal. (preparation thereof). Going by the COA ruling, you are breaking the law too. Do you smoke buds? That can be considered a form of extraction. Actually, it is an advanced extraction using only heat. Even more advanced is a bud vaporizer. That is more advanced than any other method that I am aware of since there are no solvents used at all, a heat extraction. So, I guess you just eat your marijuana raw? The law is useless, every county in Michigan interprets it differently.

Vaporizing? Who do you think you are advising us to not vaporize? That is called a healthy and medicinal use of the marijuana. That is why I have been encouraging people to vaporize. Actually, my patients doctors even recommend vaporizing over smoking. What would our options be then? Go against the doctors recommendation or follow the law and provide my patients with a prehistoric method of using marijuana that is no good for our health or the economy?

There are two sides to every coin. I like to be on the third side, the rim of the coin.

As for purchasing oil from out of state: I guess I would have to agree with you.

I think discussing oil and safe ways to make and use them is making a positive effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I have helped two people kick cancer with my oil. The only criminals are the ones imagining that resin from the plant is illegal.

I have not read anything in the law that says oil from the plant is not legal or extracting it (preparation thereof).

If laws are so important to you, then you should just forget about the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and just follow the Federal laws about marijuana. Either way, if you are growing or consuming cannabis, you are breaking some law.

really loving this post

That e liquid you bought, Zach, is basically the same thing GG makes.

50/50 cannabis oil and PG. I believe the organic ethanol listing is from a minute amount of solvent left behind after winterizing. They probably mention it for disclosure and marketing purposes.

I was told everything is THC dominant unless otherwise noted on the label.

Thanks - the more information the better.

z

Well, you could not pay me to take that product, sorry.

Two big reasons: The biggest reason is I believe that is coming from out of state. I sure as heck would not sign for anything when it is delivered. I would refuse the package if asked to sign. Michigan MMA does not protect you in any way shape or form when ordering THC products from another state. That can be considered a serious federal offense. I have heard of people going to prison 5 years to life for such an act.

Second reason: Their product sounds like cocomamy bs, I admit I could be ignorant to it, but that is what is sounds like to me, here is why: it supposedly a supercritical CO2 extraction, what is the purpose of the ethanol? It should not be for winterizing, not going by the CO2 extractions I have seen. Propylene Glycol and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)? That is starting to get a little ridiculous. I cannot say that I have tried it. If you get lucky and get the product, without getting busted, please, let us know your thoughts of it. My guess is that it is very low grade or simply fake.

Make the oil yourself. It is easy to do. Especially something like QWISO. Making QWISO is just as easy as making macaroni and cheese. It just take time for it to air dry is all. One day and you can have some premium QWISO as long as you have the buds available.

Agreed - it is risky & downright foolish to order cannabis (or other currently illegal medicines) through the mail, as discussed in another active thread. That's not an issue here.

I have made qwiso and other extracts before. Not a lot, but I'm pretty well acquainted with the processes. But to get an idea if I'd like to move over to oil, I figured that $30 ($10 of which was for the pen) was worth it for an intro. 

z

qwiso and other extracts of cannabis results in THE oil. Which oil are you referring to "move over to "oil" ? :drinking-coffee:  :bong7bp:

I have made qwiso and other extracts before. Not a lot, but I'm pretty well acquainted with the processes. But to get an idea if I'd like to move over to oil, I figured that $30 ($10 of which was for the pen) was worth it for an intro. 

z

There's a huge difference between the two. If you find vaping through the pen a little harsh then you can smooth it out with a specialized water piece for vaping oil.

Thanks; can you provide a link to an example water piece? (Don't know if GG discussed this.)

z

Thanks; can you provide a link to an example water piece? (Don't know if GG discussed this.)

z

Kind of yes, kind of no.

There are two different Eclipse Vapes. One is an electronic vaporizer from Canada. The other is made in California USA and it is completely different. It is used with glass vials and you need a torch type lighter. They make one that is meant to attach to a water pipe. I can't say that I have tried the water pipe one, I am sure it is really good. I have used the hand held one. They are pretty much the same with the exception of one being meant for a water pipe. They work well for non decarbed concentrates, but it is a two handed deal, not that convenient, and you can forget about using it outside on a windy day! They are cool and a worthy investment.

Also, I have seen water pipe type attachments for pen vapes. I have not tried one. They didn't really look that appealing to me and just did not seem worth it.

I have seen one more type of water smoothing method. The KISS cart. you can order the KISS cart meant to be used with a water attachment. I think the water attachment is about $100. It is meant for a specific KISS cart that has to be ordered specifically for the attachment. This one did look worthy to try.

I wasn't having any harshness problems so I didn't pursue those avenues.

I have said it before and I will say it again. For me, the best vape I have used so far is the real deal innokin SVD with the KangerTech AeroTank. This is for use with e-cannabis oil.

Yeah, but that's a bong accessory. Not for a vape pen certainly.

This is one type that can be used on a pen battery. http://www.w9tech.com/okeanos-micro-bubbler/

It will require a 510 to 601 adapter unless you use a Persei or Omicron, which I think are way over priced and very limited to their capabilities. There is a good side to these companies, just too expensive for me, and I don't think their products are any better than standard e-cigg products. They do offer many different accessories. There is another water type attachment, but it is only for one certain pen batt.

There is other stuff out there, just not interested enough to pursue it.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about starting with something like an Ego CE4 1100mAh kit (pen, battery, charger) for $10?

I have formulated a new opinion. There are so many new products on the market now.

I have found the first device that makes use of a standard pen battery without a variable voltage option. I still prefer the VV eGo pen batteries because you can reduce the power as well as increase it. The standard pen is a little hot for this device, which is a good thing since you can feather your hits. I am referring to using 2.1 ohm coils. I have not tried the 1.8 ohm coils yet. For a cheap clearomizer that works on a standard eGo battery, and even better on a VV battery, first impression is very good. The Aspire CE5 BDC for only $5.95! The replacement coils cost $10.95 for a pack of 5.

The Aspire CE5 BDC is a bottom dual coil unit. It offers smaller hits and has a 510 drip tip which means you can put all different types of 510 drip tips on it, glass, metal, plastic, etc. Since it is made of plastic it is less harsh and more smooth, it offers more of a candy flavor with the oil I have tried with it. You can take a lot of hits before noticing any oil has been consumed. Does not leak out of the tip (so far). They are also available in different colors. I like the dark tinted ones for stealth.

Still in the testing phase, but so far it is the best pen clearomizer I have used.

Aspire CE5 BDC  5 8 14 012

new day?  lousy lawless day!  we pretend to be a community of laws; the truth is we are scoff-laws, and f the coa: we disagree with the court so we do as we please.  wax, dabs oil concentrates as if the coa never spoke.

Call it civil disobedience. We are confident that the Court is wrong. Again.

Thank you Henry David.

Edited by GregS

Here's a quick followup re my first experiences with the Ego CE4. The kit came with 1100mAh battery, vape pen with clearomizer, and a USB charger. Ordered it on eBay. $10 shipped, arrived in two days. Already charged up so I squirted in the .6 ml syringe of cliquid (cannabis oil + pg) and tried 'er out.

Bottom line is that the Ego vape pen works great. I'm speaking as a novice to the technology, but I can't imagine anyone complaining about what you can get for 10 bucks. The quality/machining is pretty great. And it's quite elegant. The 1100 mAh battery doesn't quit.

Re "cliquid", it was inexpensive, the cost of about 2 couple grams of medical bud (one President Jackson). If you figure a 10% oil yield, it would have taken about 3 grams to make the .6 ml of 50% oil/50% pg), no?  It has a pleasant slightly hashy taste, but I do enjoy the taste and olfactory experience of vaped bud better. Currently, I see the biggest downside to it as a commercial product is that I feel that batches should be tested & labeled accordingly. 

Love how quick and easy it is to use and the self-contained-ness of it. Certainly more convenient than my Arizer Solo. Next I'm gonna order some USP PG and make juice from some high CBD bud. See how that works out for someone in need of serious anti-inflammation meds.

z

You are right, they are quality products and for $10 you can't beat it!

If this equipment was marketed with marijuana company names, they would be 10 times more expensive.

The variable voltage eGo battery is worth the extra $10 at the most. The charger you have will charge the eGo C Twist battery too.

Try that Aspire CE5 BDC clearomizer. I am sure you will like it. It is an amazing product for the price.

Yeah, I was wondering about something better than wicks. Thanks for the CE5 BDC suggestion; they're available for $8 & less shipped. The clearomizer that comes with the CE4 is 2.4 ohms. The CE5 BDC is 1.8. I gather from various charts that the lower resistance is the main reason why one needs a variable voltage battery - to avoid coil burnout - or are there other reasons as well?

Yes and no.

Here is an example.

When I first started using the same set up you have, the CE4 and a regular battery for my e-ciggs after a while the coil would get a little gummed up and the battery would not provide enough power to continue to vaporize. With the variable voltage battery you can turn the power up and your clearomizer should last at least twice as long, assuming you don't have a burn out.

The CE5 BDC comes with the 1.8 coil and it will work with the regular eGo battery. I have tried it on my old ones. It delivers a bigger hit since it is a 1.8 coil. It works about the same in regards to power as your CE4. The 2.1 ohm coil for the CE5 BDC gives a smaller hit and the regular batteries are a little on the powerful side for it. That is good actually, but with a VV eGo C Twist battery you can turn the power down lower than the standard battery and get more of a perfect tasting hit. You can use the VV to adjust your hits to the sweet spot. As your clearomizers get more gunked up, just turn the power up and get a lot more use out of it.

The ohms is not everything. There is a lot more to the equation, amps, volts, and construction of the clearomizer coils.

An iClear16 with 2.1 ohm coils requires a little more power than what the standard eGo battery can provide, but you can get a bigger hit.

The CE5 BDC with the 1.8 or 2.1 ohm coils is the best I have seen for a pen. It being dual coil makes a big difference.

Cannabis oil is thinned out with Propylene Glycol USP medical/food grade. Sometimes it is referred to PG USP Kosher.

Don't let the PG USP scare you and not use it. You are already mass consuming it, at least compared to using it with concentrates. PG USP is used in many food and beverage processing and in many medicines. If you live in North America, and you are on a computer, there is a 99.9% chance you are mass consuming PG USP.

For those whiner-babies that wish to complain about using PG USP, please go complain to where it could do some good. I would highly recommend starting with the FDA. One soda pop has more PG USP in it than what I consume with my concentrates in one week.

Here is a link to where you can purchase some safe PG USP. https://highdesertvapes.com/products/USP-Kosher-Proplyene-Glycol-%28PG%29.html pay no attention to the image, the picture is of a bottle of VG, you do not want to use VG only use PG USP. They used the same picture for VG and PG USP. The product you will be purchasing using the link will be PG USP. This is what is used in e-cigarettes. The purpose of the PG USP in e-cigarettes is to help the VG vaporize at a lower temperature. It helps the flavors in the mixture stay infused. It helps the nicotine penetrate tissue so your body will receive the nicotine. These are all the reason why I only use PG USP with my e-cannabis.

Different concentrates will require different ratios. I have been hearing feedback from people that use shatter. They would add a couple drops of 190 proof grain alcohol to get the shatter to a gooey state. Then add in a 30-50% PG USP with minimal heat, mix well. Usually the oil and PG USP will stay infused for at least a month. I don't recommend leaving it stored in a clearomizer with long wicking for more than a week or two. The oil likes to stick to the wicks. I prefer the dual coil bottom fed units with practically no wicking.

gg:  seems you are the guru

cant be beat for the price

works excellent with oils,

actually better than some

of the high priced ones

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400698503094?var=670244527964&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Yeah, that's the same one that I mentioned a couple of posts earlier. Works great. But see the followup by GG especially regarding the suggestion of an inexpensive clearomizer without a wick.

z

GG, have you tried the o pen style cartridges with your pg oil?

They're also known as budvape and/or sapphire cartomizers.

Just wondering how they compare to the other attachments you've tried.

I have not used an O-Pen but have used devices that are similar.

I believe the O-Pen is an outdated e-cigg. Where e-ciggs with clearomizers have taken over.

The rear tank on an O-Pen appears to be like the outdated e-ciggs.

It is just a tank drip system that drips onto a single coil automizer. The automizer for my e-cigg was $1.99 and sits in a ceramic housing. They never really gave big enough hits that is why people were switching over to clearomizers and dual coil units. Not to mention leaking issues with the automizer drip systems.

Here was one of my very first e-ciggs. This one had the option to add the rear tank. As you can see in the picture, I replaced it with a clearomizer.

Automizer Tank 5 13 14 012

I wish they had the dual coil clearomizers when I first started using e-ciggs.

• 1 month later...

GG, have you tried the o pen style cartridges with your pg oil?

They're also known as budvape and/or sapphire cartomizers.

Just wondering how they compare to the other attachments you've tried.

Based upon what I have seen and read the O-Pen, like many others, are outdated, low quality e-cigarette accessories.

For a pen battery, a 1.5 ohm coil will work with a standard 510 eGo thread standard battery.

This KangarTech Mini I believe will blow the doors off any O-Pen. As long as you have some good quality oil in it! I do prefer the variable voltage eGo 650 pen battery, but it will work with a standard battery. The Mini is stainless steel and glass. I consider it to be medical quality. The mini has dual bottom coils and the coils are interchangeable with KangerTech's other products too. The coils are around $2 each. I look at it as the cost of a pack of good rolling papers. This is the first pen style unit that I have used that is capable of giving me an equivalent potency effects as the large units. (My tolerance is pretty high now since I have been doing all this testing) The mini did drip a couple times to the battery, but no big deal. I make sure my batteries are clean before I charge them anyway.

Anybody that likes the pen batteries and enjoys e-cannabis oil, you just may want to check out the KangerTech AeroTank Mini.

So far it seems to be the best pen attachment that I have tried. It even has a 510 drip tip so you can put different or custom mouthpieces on it.

My unit is the SVD with the KangerTech AeroTank Mega, but I still have a need and desire for a pen style vape for stealth and convenience. Looks like the mini has given me what I want.

KangerTech mini 6 14 14 042

KT mini 1.5ohm coil Std 510 batt 6 14 14 039

KangerTech Mega And Mini 6 14 14 029