What Do You Guys Think?

williams2311

OK well here is my issue I have my grow in the garage and I have a built room for it in the back corner there is a window close by. But wouldn't be able to run my window unit due to the window slides left and right not up and down. And I wouldn't have a way to get the air directly into the room.

Now here is what I want the input on. I cut a hole in the bottom corner of my room slide the window unit into the hole. I built a pretty good size box/mini room and put the back part of the window ac into the box and left both sides and top completely open (from my understanding they pull air from the side vents and blow the hot air out of the back). I put a 6inch fan mounted to a piece of wood and ran the tube to the window. The hole box is built out of wood.

Not sure if you all will understand what I'm saying please don't be rude I explained it the best I can. I can take a few pics if someone can't understand or see what I'm saying

the ac box is an open vented area with free flowing air in all directions, at least mine are. If a fan is sucking from the back of the ac, its also pulling air form wherever it can get it, including the side vents, back vents, and through the interior flimsy Styrofoam insulation inside the unit. The places you can see a bit of light through, are the same smells get through. your unit could be different than mine though.

I have a similar set up, because I'm too cheap for the mini split...nah, wife said NO evidence of anything form the outside of the building, so no splits for me.

I have a full end of the building walled up and insulated, with an ac unit poked through the grow room wall, into the opposite side of the wall. I tried a passive vent to to a soffet for the ac unit, no go, condensation, poor fan power, etc. I put a fan in the duct work and it seemed to work, but smells outside of the building then.

I finally removed the duct work, placed a fan above it so the heat didn't gather in one area(evident on the roof, melting snow) and suck out the risen hot air from the building with a solar powered attic fan on the opposite end of the building gabel. ahhh, finally, success, even if a bit mickey mouse.

you could trial and error the task, in the long run, its fun still, right?

Why will the smell get out if it pulls from the side

the ac box is an open vented area with free flowing air in all directions, at least mine are. If a fan is sucking from the back of the ac, its also pulling air form wherever it can get it, including the side vents, back vents, and through the interior flimsy Styrofoam insulation inside the unit. The places you can see a bit of light through, are the same smells get through. your unit could be different than mine though.

I have a similar set up, because I'm too cheap for the mini split...nah, wife said NO evidence of anything form the outside of the building, so no splits for me.

I have a full end of the building walled up and insulated, with an ac unit poked through the grow room wall, into the opposite side of the wall. I tried a passive vent to to a soffet for the ac unit, no go, condensation, poor fan power, etc. I put a fan in the duct work and it seemed to work, but smells outside of the building then.

I finally removed the duct work, placed a fan above it so the heat didn't gather in one area(evident on the roof, melting snow) and suck out the risen hot air from the building with a solar powered attic fan on the opposite end of the building gabel. ahhh, finally, success, even if a bit mickey mouse.

you could trial and error the task, in the long run, its fun still, right?

I sealed the small area where the light was leaking threw I just didn't have time to before the picture. It was effective last night turned it on auto and it stayed right where it was supposed to.

It wouldnt, our nights are cool right now. It may not ever. But when it gets hot, that thing will be on 70-80% of the day. If your just going to 2nd guess our judments then why ask? Your obviously going to find out for your self...the way you should do it anyway.

Yea I asked what everyone thought of it. And it's not 2nd guessing it's trying to figure out why and how. If you can't handle being asked a question when you post on my thread then don't post on it. Obviously questions were going to come out of this thread.