Funny Email From Dte

So I got an email from DTE last week that let me know how my energy usage compared to my neighbors.  When I saw the subject line I was afraid to open it, since I'm running around 4000 watts of lights plus associated fans, pumps, etc.  What I saw inside blew me away:

- I'm using 14% less electricity than the average for my area

- I'm only using 33% more than my most efficient neighbor

What the heck are these people doing?  Heating their homes with hair dryers and 100 watt bulbs?  My wife and I got a good chuckle out of this.  She says we must have a bunch of grow operations on our block that we don't know about.  Somehow I highly doubt it.

:lolu:

everything in my house is electric lol, only thing we use gas on (propane) is our stove and furnace, everything else is electric, hot water, dryer lites, fans, ac. Im on no shut off, my monthly payment is 179 a month and my real bill is always below that!  grow in tents, take showers together, etc and you will have one as low as me, I dont have to pay alot of months, they owe me like 4 times more than my bill is every month, and I have the choice to pay or not pay untill they dont owe me anything, I find 179 a month more than fair for all the electric we use!

Peace

my house, and my grow building(separate meters) are 100% electric, heat, cooking, dryer, all of it. we have no propane tank, well, except to run the c02 generatobbq. My grow room electric bill is around 300$ monthly year round, my house is twice that in the winter, and half that in the summer.  I complain about my house, but my grow bills are within reason. I have a kilowatt meter on many hogs and see my dehumidifier costs rival my ac cost in  the grow rooms surprisingly.

I get the letter monthly form dte with a beautiful graph showing my position. For a few years I was the top five, but now, we

obviously have some larger scale users on the block, There's ten using more than me now ! Not sure why, many installed outdoor furnaces in recent years....I'm tempted to.  Maybe someday they'll be giving us free bulb trade ins, again.  (yeah right)

everything in my house is electric lol, only thing we use gas on (propane) is our stove and furnace, everything else is electric, hot water, dryer lites, fans, ac. Im on no shut off, my monthly payment is 179 a month and my real bill is always below that!  grow in tents, take showers together, etc and you will have one as low as me, I dont have to pay alot of months, they owe me like 4 times more than my bill is every month, and I have the choice to pay or not pay untill they dont owe me anything, I find 179 a month more than fair for all the electric we use!

Peace