Medical Marijuana Card Protects You From Prosecution, Not "discovery"

"MJ card doesn't protect against discovery." A new line of BS. The card protects against a search. Just goes to show how some LEOs will lie and cheat shamelessly in order to try to look good. Maybe some day they will wake up and realize that harassing people doesn't make them look better.

I spoke with him earlier today, I told him to make an account here and ask questions as needed without giving to many details, he had to post bond on his equipment, they did eventually get a search warrant after about 5 hours.

He was not arrested and charges are pending, I told him to contact Michael Komorn, but he lacks the funds for a lawyer...

Hopefully he can answere more questions or keep us posted. Sad to say the least.

you did good rory. great video.

well done talking to police. thats very difficult. i dont think anyone should answer the door tho, and certainly you shouldnt talk to police, anything you say can be used against you.

even seasoned drugwar people like russ bellville mess up talking to police (he got arrested in utah on 4/20).

i guess the cop was saying that roots were a plant.

and that possibly the root/plant was not in secure enclosed facility.

cops claim stems/leaves are plants all the time. thats how they 'get' patients over limits. you had 12 plants but there were 4 branches in a pile of trash, thats 16 plants!

"Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount."

unfortunately plant is not defined in the act. so we must look at plant defined in mcl.

(5) As used in this section, "plant" means a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons or a cutting of a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons.

so some judges say if its got roots or its in a cloning machine its a plant. other judges say anything is a plant.

you did good rory. great video.

well done talking to police. thats very difficult. i dont think anyone should answer the door tho, and certainly you shouldnt talk to police, anything you say can be used against you.

even seasoned drugwar people like russ bellville mess up talking to police (he got arrested in utah on 4/20).

i guess the cop was saying that roots were a plant.

and that possibly the root/plant was not in secure enclosed facility.

cops claim stems/leaves are plants all the time. thats how they 'get' patients over limits. you had 12 plants but there were 4 branches in a pile of trash, thats 16 plants!

"Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount."

unfortunately plant is not defined in the act. so we must look at plant defined in mcl.

(5) As used in this section, "plant" means a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons or a cutting of a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons.

so some judges say if its got roots or its in a cloning machine its a plant. other judges say anything is a plant.

Smell in a known card holder is not probable cause, but I wonder if the leaves in the burn pit could be problematic (unsecured usable marijuana???).

Clearly this looks like BS, but have to wonder if there are any lessons.  Like make sure all traces are destroyed.  I don't think the smell alone would have justified a warrant, I suspect the leaves may have given them the 'in' they needed to get the judge to sign the warrant.

In any event, this should be a decent case to follow.  Looks like he handled it well and got the tape.

Dr. Bob

theres actually no requirement to keep usable marihuana secure at all. posession is allowed and covers posession anywhere.

Use your imagination and try to envision why it should be somewhat secure. Here's an example; There's a moral obligation to keep it out of the hands of your neighbors' kids. Some folks don't have any common sense, that's why law enforcement/legislators are stepping on our law. They use the excuse that some folks will not keep their drugs secure to say 'There ought to be a law'. So then we get a 'requirement' because they say folks think that if the law doesn't say it then you will not do the right thing. Edited by Restorium2

Use you imagination and try to envision why it should be somewhat secure. Here's an example; There's a moral obligation to keep it out of the hands of your neighbors' kids. Some folks don't have any common sense, that's why law enforcement/legislators are stepping on our law. They use the excuse that some folks will not keep their drugs secure to say 'There ought to be a law'. So then we get a 'requirement' because they say folks think that if the law doesn't say it then you will not do the right thing.

Thanks

Good points but making more Laws will not help any common sense

Clueless cops trying to moo poo their way into a search. Rory did a great job in refusing a search, acting rationally & politely at all times, and especially in recording the confrontation.

Now I need a couple minutes to calm down from this completely unnecessary provocation. What a waste of police resources... 

z

(edit: moo poo? heh heh.)

Edited by zachw

why were they there in the first place? did a neighbor smell grass burning in the firepit?  were plant counts compliant once they gained entry I wonder?  I hope so !

good luck Rory!

Thanks again for your input maybe just the small of cannabis coming from someone's home is enough to bring Leo to someones door