How Does An Honest Experinced Caregiver Find Patients?

I have always offered a money-back guarantee. If you don't like it I'll give your your money back. Or, I'll swap a strain out gram-for-gram for something else.

Just stand behind what you provide.

Think of it this way. Six years ago, if you were an MJ/MMJ consumer then odds are you knew someone else in the supply chain. Today, Most MMJ folks know a few other MMJ folks, who know a few others...and so on. So get the word out about what you can provide and if you're good at what you do, patients will find you eventually.

I have always offered a money-back guarantee. If you don't like it I'll give your your money back. Or, I'll swap a strain out gram-for-gram for something else.

Just stand behind what you provide.

Think of it this way. Six years ago, if you were an MJ/MMJ consumer then odds are you knew someone else in the supply chain. Today, Most MMJ folks know a few other MMJ folks, who know a few others...and so on. So get the word out about what you can provide and if you're good at what you do, patients will find you eventually.

Yep always a guarantee.....

by the time a delivery date is set I already know my patients will love what they receive. I guinea pig them with free samples of untried strains though, and gather feedback about them for future sock stuffing. I wont never take return product, or return a donation, but would always freebie the next delivery to make up for a disappointment. Only one similar issue here, the day I decided no patients with facial flame tattoo's in my registry again, at least not under 50 yrs old lol.

by the time a delivery date is set I already know my patients will love what they receive. I guinea pig them with free samples of untried strains though, and gather feedback about them for future sock stuffing. I wont never take return product, or return a donation, but would always freebie the next delivery to make up for a disappointment. Only one similar issue here, the day I decided no patients with facial flame tattoo's in my registry again, at least not under 50 yrs old lol.

Makes sense. But in my experience, once a patient tries a new strain that is superior a previous strain, suddenly that previous strain isn't good enough anymore. In other words, a quality CG continually raises the bar on himself. A patient might have loved last month's delivery but compared to a new med, the unused portion from last month becomes undesirable. I suppose once you reach a point where quality levels off and becomes equal across all strains, then patients won't prefer one over another anymore. But for a CG who continually improves his technique and genetics, there will always be one med that is better than another. I have yet to meet a grower who has reached the point where all strains are equal and maxed-out on quality. Even the most successful breeders are continually improving their stock.

"quality" is abound in every delivery I make. Each plant has the same "quality" here. There are some that allow you to focus, and some send you to the moon, and to get back some will settle you on the couch for the evening too. They are all the best quality grown medicinal cannabis plants available, grown in perfect conditions with no issues. Very high quality meds here, and others are stepping it up too.  This hit and miss crap is going down, only perfection will be acceptable to those patients demanding it. Patients spending money for 2-4 ounces every month are very discerning ones, and those are the ones that find me. Theres no foolin these folks with crappy finishes, early picks, late harvests, over ferts, under ferts, fluffbud, pests....nothing but perfection escapes the garden here. 

I've sampled and visited other gardens recently and I see cream rises to the top, a huge relief from seeing early attempts in the 08/09.

You are right about new strains and samples, but that's what I'm here for, to find the ones that work best for my patients. I cycle 25 or so because they are always a pleasure to revisit, and in between I throw the samples out there, wait for requests, and clone as needed, or destroy the line.   I'll strain chase to an extent for a reliable consistent long term patient, but if one of the 25 don't get our fancy out of the gate, I'll replace you in next business day. 

If you choose carefully, you'll be able to locate patients that exactly fit your garden habits every time as well. The selection process is rigorous, but worth the extra efforts.

I remember when this felt like a spare time hobby. now, I see its a full time lifestyle change :skydive:

There is no point to search out a patient. The system isn't designed for that. Plus seeking out patients will land your donkey a prison number (even if 7411 you have a doc number) The laws in Michigan are not ready for anyone to help others. It isn't even truly safe to help yourself. Maybe in 5 or 10 years enough millionaires will be arrested (or pay supreme court lawyers with medicine) to change the laws. but right now the only ones making a dent are cash rich dispensaries that spoil my vision of MM. The laws will favor them in the future as well as the legislators involved with praire "mite and mold" farms. Don't seek out patients. There are more patients now than caregivers can serve. a vast majority don't have a caregiver.

GOOD MEDICINE WOULD BRING IN MORE PATIENTS and with out medical grade marijuana no one has any business looking for patients. It will just end up with a DOC NUMBER

marijuana growing for some snowballs sometimes it seems to have a mind of its own. My suggestion to everyone is to slow your role. The nation is changing in the next few years there will be safe access. If your life goal is to make money off of marijuana I suggest perfecting your skills and locating strains while networking until it is legal. Don't be like me and work the industry your whole life then get excluded from the future because some little BS policeman comes with fake papers, agrees to have you as a caregiver than arrests you. THE LAW IS BEING BUILT ON OUR BACKS. I believe that sect 8 will prove for broader protections for all... so please be my guest sell it like crazy and build a test case. Maybe your supreme court case will open the doors for others.

Then you can spend hours a week researching laws with a sick or dying family member like me and others here. And you'll have plenty of time to do it if you can't get a job because of your arrest record, then you can laugh when people put ads for budtenders on craigslist in the same community that got you 6 months earlier. Or see dispensaries with websites claiming CAREGIVER PATIENT TRANSFERS ARE LEGAL in the exact same jurisdiction that REEMED YOU. How many of us are sitting here waiting for the bluewater appeal or Oakland county to admit they are just stalling the clinical relief case because it may not go the way they want. Or the fact that police get to use fake cards for at least 2 or 3 more years arresting folks before even they have an answer. Or you could be facing a charge for having wet marijuana and hear the Chief of the MSP himself and appellate court justices  admit they have not adopted a definition of "usable marijuana" (it's in the act). Or not considering a home a locked facility.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO PROFIT OFF MEDS IN MICHIGAN! unless you are a cop, judge, probation officer, bondsman or lawyer

• 4 months later...

I'm probably your neighbor Rusty!  There are website service that specialize to different degrees where you can place your "resume'" and patients can post their needs. Or you can post a garden opening here. In 08 I ran into the exact same issue you speak of, and also found that many users in this are grew their own and were not interested in any "new fangled bs named buds". Now, the patients that find me mostly require a two hour drive for each delivery there and back. that's the service I provide.

what general area are you in ?  welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome Grassmatch, I'm near Cass City and Gagetown.  Like I said..the boonies..   lol.  

Do you remember what those website are where I might be able to find a patient.

12 plants just are not enough to keep them cycled properly. Just wasting electricity. Another 12 and I'll be OK I figure.

I have tried different strains and they all seem to work for me. I have cancer but a couple months with Simpson oil took most of it away, now I have a lot of problems from all the chemo and radiation. Meds also took care of 90% of my arthritus, it was so bad that the doc told me to NOT exercise....

Thanks for the info, hope to catch you on here soon.   Rusty

I've been having the same problem.  It seems like a lot of people I talk to about becoming their cg think that I am just supposed to grow their plants and give them a free oz per month just to be a nice guy.  I want to help people with their conditions and everything but I am not going to take the risk, time, and spend the money to provide a service for free.  Funny how they think they deserve a free service but they don't ever volunteer to provide me with anything free in return. 

OOO, Cass City , thats the boonies for sure.

I don't know of any resources personally but google searches of compassion clubs, grow stores, local craigslist, marijuana caregiver/patient matching sites, etc should steer you in the right direction.

I'm not far from you really, especially if you're willing to meet. I can help with garden cycle planning with quick simple results for you and maybe some tips for rapid explosive growth in your limited garden plant. I'm also a caregiver that might be able to make room for you legally until your garden is doing its job. use private messaging if interested. if not its cool too. Your garden plant count is able is capable of producing a perpetual supply of top grade medical herb(you need now!) with a few small tweaks. If you need around 2-3 ounces per month, of two or three different strains, this will be easy for you.

good luck in your search!

I've been having the same problem.  It seems like a lot of people I talk to about becoming their cg think that I am just supposed to grow their plants and give them a free oz per month just to be a nice guy.  I want to help people with their conditions and everything but I am not going to take the risk, time, and spend the money to provide a service for free.  Funny how they think they deserve a free service but they don't ever volunteer to provide me with anything free in return. 

some patients still believe we sell the bulk of our produce to dispensaries at incredible costs. If that was legal, why not I say. If a hardship patient finds you now you can afford to pay your grow costs AND provide a small amount to a down and out person. that's beautiful commerce maybe.

Its not legal, and we mostly do not do that. we pay for every ounce produced along the whopper electricity charge. I have given away free product, mostly as bonus samples, new strain incentives, etc. Nobody expects it though, but I still get asked. I also have on many occasions heard a patient say they could not afford their meds at next delivery, and I gifted that delivery for them. if it happens frequently, I allow a different patient to take their garden spot.

I've found being upfront with your expectations first is the way around this. these kinds of misunderstanding s can be embarrassing in the least if not nipped in the bud. Use your blogging time to explain your ideal, and your thoughts on a good patient match for you and your garden. You can choose what and what not to share in public. Patients will notice and the ones that are right for you will begin to make contact. I think the trial and error technique isn't fair to either party, and costs incredible losses and emotional distress when it often fails. It's just as important that a patient be honest in your interviewing and you use your skills to determine that. If your expectations match, or even if you can compromise(if you choose) your result will be a long term kind patient who you'll enjoy working hard for. The more compromising there is the higher chance of failure in the relationship. Remember if you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

that's what I do, and that's what I get.

I wish your garden good fortune and think the right patients will find you soon. I can tell these things just by the way you talk.

I stay away from craigslist, I know people in court about it right now. If I don't get a patient I will just keep shuttling a few extra plants back and forth to my neighbors grow, (it's a real pain in the *ss but it works out). He usually has legal space for maybe 4 or 5..depending on where his growing cycle is at. I really don't have much of a problem growing, I've had this grow for about 7 years now.  I grew in the 60's (ditch weed) and 70's (not too bad) and part of the 80's. ( I got much better) . Of all the many strains I have tried 'Space Crush' grows best and easiest and is potent. It is the ideal plant for an indoor grow, the best I found so far. I have given three of my grow friends clones, they are all going with just space crush for the winter. So I guess I'll stick with it till I find a reason to get another strain. I have four kinds now, soon will be all Space Crush. I appreciate the offer to help me out, but I'm all set. One strange thing about the space crush is the amount of nutes it like in 12/12..  it likes a LOT. Once clones are about 3 days old, I can take them out of T5 and stick em under the HPS ( way under) with the 12/12 plants for 12 hours, they shoot up very fast. All the other strains I had, it would have killed them. The SC is not unruley, it looks like a picture, as if someone pruned them, that makes it easier for me. I dry it to 62% RH and cure about 7-10 days, any more cure times doesn't seem to change anything. I have time to watch them grow, I'm retired and 65 years old. I have a laundry list of ailments but the 420 takes care of about 90% of them. I tossed the vicoden a long time ago. Rusty

Confused about your craigslist fear ?

For thought, I also know that transferring plants to someone other than your own registrant can get you in jail, but legally registering a patient  you found on craiglist will not.

Be Safe

My friend had the police answer a local legal craigslist post. The police had a phony ( confiscated from someone else) MMM card. Hauled him to jail, wrecked his house, confiscated computers and vehicles and cash. Sure, my friend was in the right, but lots of time and money later it still isn't over.

I know that I can have plants locked in my car trunk legally. Handing them over for my friend to tend may be illegal, but unless he has police in his closed garage I doubt it will be a problem.        Wouldn't that be the same as caregivers selling clones to other caregiver ?

caregivers are not legally allowed to sell or exchange clones unless they are registered together in a patient/cg relationship approved by the state.

I believe there is much more to your friends story. Registering a patient, fake card or not, that you met on CL is not illegal. The state would catch the phony card and notify the registrants of the denied application. On the other hand facilitating some one off sale to a stranger on craigslist could definitely get a cg in legal trouble. The devil is in the details. Is it more accurate that your friend was selling mj on craiglist to a (fake) carded stranger?   what was the charge?  what was the result?  was he registering the patient before he provided to him?  how did the cop even know where your friend lived or grew mj?

Keep in mind, no grower thinks he's going to get caught up with the law when he decides to break it. the guy driving around with packed pounds in his car with a suspended license never saw it coming??  The fact that he would even allow you to do what you do is the sign you should look for when searching for trouble. It not wrong, and no moral judgment form me, but ignorance wont cut the mustard here. EVERYONE searching for legal assistance, cash funding, and sympathy was once in a situation similar to yours, and the results are unfortunately pretty much consistently negative. Fix the legal issues now, and it will not happen to you. Don't, and you have no leg to stand on when popped.

be safe,

read the rules here http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

they talk about specifically what you are doing as a reason to disallow you the protections offered by the Act. You could lose your house also, like the rest of those guys, the card wont save you when it isn't recognized.

stay private and safe for best results.

caregivers are not legally allowed to sell or exchange clones unless they are registered together in a patient/cg relationship approved by the state.

I believe there is much more to your friends story. Registering a patient, fake card or not, that you met on CL is not illegal. The state would catch the phony card and notify the registrants of the denied application. On the other hand facilitating some one off sale to a stranger on craigslist could definitely get a cg in legal trouble. The devil is in the details. Is it more accurate that your friend was selling mj on craiglist to a (fake) carded stranger?   what was the charge?  what was the result?  was he registering the patient before he provided to him?  how did the cop even know where your friend lived or grew mj?

Keep in mind, no grower thinks he's going to get caught up with the law when he decides to break it. the guy driving around with packed pounds in his car with a suspended license never saw it coming??  The fact that he would even allow you to do what you do is the sign you should look for when searching for trouble. It not wrong, and no moral judgment form me, but ignorance wont cut the mustard here. EVERYONE searching for legal assistance, cash funding, and sympathy was once in a situation similar to yours, and the results are unfortunately pretty much consistently negative. Fix the legal issues now, and it will not happen to you. Don't, and you have no leg to stand on when popped.

be safe,

read the rules here http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

they talk about specifically what you are doing as a reason to disallow you the protections offered by the Act. You could lose your house also, like the rest of those guys, the card wont save you when it isn't recognized.

stay private and safe for best results.

I have seen a lot of clones for sale on craigslist, I didn't know it was illegal.  My friend did not register a patient, but sold an oz to him twice, that's 4 charges because they also charged his friend with the same two counts who lives at the house, even though the sales were done away from the house. The cops knew where my friend lived from his car licence. The undercover cop had a card from a guy that was busted, actually the guy was a snitch for the cops to get out of his own trouble, being a snitch actually gives the snitch a cops rights, if you even touch a snitch you can get it for assaulting an officer. I found that out on jury duty in a federal court. My friend had advertised overages on craigslist, that one reason I stay away from craigslist. 

thought so.

anonymously answering a patient advertisement with the intent of registering them to you is not illegal. I'd say the cop did not set up your buddy at all, he knew darn well he was breaking the law selling to more than his own five patients, and chose to do it anyways.

Advertising "overages" on craiglist is plain stupid. I'd avoid stupid people if I were you for best results. I've heard of thousands of caregivers and thousands of patients all following the laws, and never once hassled by the cops. I'd do what they do.

The Act says five patients only, and only if they are connected to you in the registry. You can only sell to the five that are named on your mj cards. Otherwise growers would be pimping patients for the plant counts, just to indiscriminately sell to everyone that answers an ad right?

If I could legally sell "overages", maybe everything I produced would be called overages for the cash win. If you discover a way to make some big bucks in the system, you are breaking the law, assume it.

The best chance to avoid confusion, legal proceedings, and police raids is to read the few page laws, understand them, and follow them, before you plant the first seed....assuming we want to avoid prison and forfeiture. its actually scarier now growing than it was 20 years ago!

The legal system seems to want to particularly punish those with a card, and an indiscretion, for the ignorance factor maybe. Like "you got a card and still cant follow the law.... take this!"

Edited by grassmatch

Yup, you got to spell it out to the new patient up front, I won't break the law for you ,till i got a cg card for you I'm not going to donate to your needs.. you'll find that filters out anyone that might be a cop , or a setup.. If there a cop they  just disappear  and dont call back.. Dont let a new patient bully you to commit a crime, if there cool they understand the law and will wait.. :) JMHO

Edited by Willy