Roadside Sobriety Tests Removed From Bill

A provision in a bill pending in Lansing that would let police give roadside saliva tests to drivers suspected of being under the influence of drugs is to be removed from the legislation today, according to a cosponsor of the bill.

(Read more below )

http://www.freep.com/article/20140507/NEWS06/305070200/medical-marijuana-pot-saliva-testing-chiropractor

“I understand the need to protect the safety of our roads, but there’s very little if any connection between these tests and determining who is an impaired driver,” said Komorn, a medical-marijuana user and president of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association.

Thank you for standing up for all the sick people in this great State

If you were to have used cannabis on Tuesday, and got in a wreck on Wednesday, you will wish we had the saliva road side test. Because the only thing they have to check your level, if they suspect cannabis useage, is the blood test with no fair parameters. This saliva test would have helped some people. I don't know how many, but it would have helped some of us. Probably why they canned it, might actually help some of us. They looked at it like some would slip out of the noose because it didn't catch you on medibles or oil.

It appears saliva testing was not removed.  A positive saliva test will always be followed by a blood test. A negative saliva test means roadside sobriety testing(DRE) is used as well, and then a blood test.

There is zero advantage to saliva testing IMO.

It appears saliva testing was not removed.  A positive saliva test will always be followed by a blood test. A negative saliva test means roadside sobriety testing(DRE) is used as well, and then a blood test.

There is zero advantage to saliva testing IMO.

I do agree unless you look at it in another way like dragging someone thought the Court system and costing some poor persons Money

Edited by bobandtorey

this is usually how they do it. 

introduce bill with crazy thing

remove crazy thing because people complain

reintroduce crazy thing on the floor minutes before it goes to a vote.

Thanks for the heads up.

It is great that you are out in front with these expectations t-pain. To know to look for every reasonable possibility is important, and smart.

i want to know, where is the science?  it does not seem that reliable data exist showing a spit or blood or sweat measurement that correlates to unsafe to 'drive.'   what is needed is evidence telesoping consumption and time, with a sensitive enuf test.  I hear right now it doesn't exist?  so we are legislating on hagggling ignorances with a dollop of prejudice.  science? 

i want to know, where is the science?  it does not seem that reliable data exist showing a spit or blood or sweat measurement that correlates to unsafe to 'drive.'   what is needed is evidence telesoping consumption and time, with a sensitive enuf test.  I hear right now it doesn't exist?  so we are legislating on hagggling ignorances with a dollop of prejudice.  science? 

Don't ferget how much sense it makes to them also . No science ? No problem ! They will just baffle the ignorant(untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate,) public with sensationalized media(propaganda ministry) billschuette(bullschit) ! 

Edited by knucklehead bob

Don't ferget how much sense it makes to them also . No science ? No problem ! They will just baffle the ignorant(untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate,) public with sensationalized media(propaganda ministry) billschuette(bullschit) ! 

...and suppress education to keep them dumb and then suppress the vote to keep them down. Easy...