A Few Questions

1=processed.....What is considered prossesed?

My friends and I are trying to really figure this out....I say If its "DRY" its prossesed...

One says if you leave it on the stalk,even tho dry and trimed is NOT prossesed.

Another says freeze it,evern tho trimmed and dried,Not prossesed?

I still say,once dried,its prossesed............Anyone???

2= A closed locked area....Now my friend is building a room in his basement.Basement will be locked at all times.

In basement he will build a room with a door and lock,but the room will just be 2 inch blue insulation,no drywall or board,just frame and blue.

I say that dont count cause you can just walk threw the insulation,he says,it does cause its in a locked basement and door.

Catch 22? Access to basement in NOT inside main house,but locked.

welcome to the boards...

great questions..

let me start with number 1)

the word processed makes no difference in it of itself if it's being applied to weight or count... understand that the word "processed" is describing the cannabis as a whole and not necessarily a way to protect yourself on weight or count.

you allude to a friend who says: "in the freezer its not processed.." or "if it's hanging as a stem"....ask them this question.. if it isn't cannabis then what is it?  i mean if you don't want to add it to your count as weight because it isn't ready or dry yet then what is it? what is it's current title or status?

does it matter if its frozen? dry? or wet when it comes to weight?

no- it does not matter if your cannabis is dry, wet, frozen or chocolate covered.. it is up to the person in possession of it to declare its intent and define what it is. by that i mean it has to either be a plant, or dried cannabis leaves or flowers.. (stalks, stems and seeds do not count toward weight) so the person who possesses the cannabis makes the determination on the "current status" of the cannabis.

if it is on a screen or hanging by a stem and in the process of drying is it arguable that it could be overweight until its at the right moisture content? 

it has to be something

which is to say it has to either be dried usable cannabis or a plant.. there is no moisture content established according to our wonderful opinions at the COA..

2) the foam barrier/walls in a basement

no problem so long as the entire basement is locked off as a whole.

the rooms do not need to be internally separated (except to foster in the best environment for the growth phases of the plants...(veg or flower))

many folks growing their own cannabis use a tent or a seres of tents to separate the growth cycles and guard against light pollution.

basement sounds locked and secure.

if you have to ponder the issue of usable versus non, you're probably breaking the law currently, if its a real time situation.

cops can sweep your floor and call it usable. a cop can cut your plant and weigh it as usable.

if the plant is not growing in dirt, it could be thought of as usable.

I know that 15 ounces will lose its water weight of 75%ish within the first week or two in the dry room. at harvest I trim all buds off of the main stalk, label  the tray the date picked and the date ready and who its for. the drying hanging rack has a digi scale at the top, so I always know the weight of the harvest, wet and dry. Keep your wet weight within your legal limits and you'll be fine, at least with that part.

"Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

"Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other comparable, stationary, and fully enclosed area equipped with secured locks or other functioning security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient. Marihuana plants grown outdoors are considered to be in an enclosed, locked facility if they are not visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure and are grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marihuana plants are grown; and equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located. Enclosed, locked facility includes a motor vehicle if both of the following conditions are met:

(1) The vehicle is being used temporarily to transport living marihuana plants from 1 location to another with the intent to permanently retain those plants at the second location.

(2) An individual is not inside the vehicle unless he or she is either the registered qualifying patient to whom the living marihuana plants belong or the individual designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient.

================================================================================================================

We find (2) to be contradictory to another part of the law and are looking for a test case to take to court. If you are unbelievably rich, please let us know.

Oh yeah. Welcome nugget.

Edited by GregS

welcome to the boards...

great questions..

the word processed makes no difference in it of itself if it's being applied to weight or count... understand that the word "processed" is describing the cannabis as a whole and not necessarily a way to protect yourself on weight or count.

you allude to a friend who says: "in the freezer its not processed.." or "if it's hanging as a stem"....ask them this question.. if it isn't cannabis then what is it?  i mean if you don't want to add it to your count as weight because it isn't ready or dry yet then what is it? what is it's current title or status?

no- it does not matter if your cannabis is dry, wet, frozen or chocolate covered.. it is up to the person in possession of it to declare its intent and define what it is. by that i mean it has to either be a plant, or dried cannabis leaves or flowers.. (stalks, stems and seeds do not count toward weight) so the person who possesses the cannabis makes the determination on the "current status" of the cannabis.

if it is on a screen or hanging by a stem and in the process of drying is it arguable that it could be overweight until its at the right moisture content? 

it has to be something

which is to say it has to either be dried usable cannabis or a plant.. there is no moisture content established according to our wonderful opinions at the COA..

the rooms do not need to be internally separated (except to foster in the best environment for the growth phases of the plants...(veg or flower))

many folks growing their own cannabis use a tent or a seres of tents to separate the growth cycles and guard against light pollution.

All good points on dried meds...These are all hypothetical in case the worse senerio enters the sitiuation.

Tents? did not think of that,suppose a blue room is "more" secure than a mylar/canvas tent..so room is fine.

So why are they weighing wet stuff.  It says right there DRIED.  I guess it should've said dried to 9% water weight or something?

dried is a state of being and is subjective.. it is not a definition of moisture content as one might think necessarily :(

yes it would be more clear if they had been more precisely definitive on the law when they wrote it..be careful what you wish for tho because then we would be held responsible and accountable each and every time to that percentage and that could and up being a nightmare in many cases..

my contention is its either a plant and is counted toward plant count or it is dried and usable (no matter what the actual moisture content might be)

if its in a jar then i consider it usable

if its not in a jar then its a plant.  or plants...

if you deem it dry it is dry..

moisture content does not apply.

smokability does not apply.

labels do not apply.

your intent is all that applies.

you count it toward your dry and processed weight because it is dry..by your own proclamation - it has to be... or its a plant..  unfortunately there is nothing in between but marijuana (and we know thats illegal) <---ISDH (insert sarcasm disclaimer here)

But what if they can't tell it's only one plant because it's off the stem?  I may want to count it as a plant but I don't think they would because they couldn't get an arrest if it's still counted as a plant.  Much easier to go over your weight with stuff that's still wet being 4-5x as heavy.  I don't hang the whole plant.  I agree with you but I fear they wouldn't.

processed is a term that the pigs use... it has no bearing on MMMA. They will charge you trim it theirselves dry it and weight it and cook you if your over.... people with freezer theroys are probably breaking the law. THE SUPREME COURT HAS NOT RULED ON USEABLE that means they can do whatever they want til someone takes it all the way up

so just stroll into circuit court and say,,, it's not dry huh? lol

where did you come up with this?

welcome to the boards...

great questions..

it has to be something

that's no law. or judicial opinion... that's the problem with the law. Even Komorn would agree that this trial crap is silly.

Komorn has had fake card and ex post cases tossed too... He is proof most attorneys are ineffective council on MMMA, most haven't read it.

Yes they drop a lot of Komorns cases to avoid embarrassment and not be involved in supreme court rulings.

What percentage of grower can afford a medical marijuana professional lawyer to have a jury trial (with no MMMA defense) in Detroit

that's great if you can afford a small fortune to fight a case.

Did the voter really think that to be MMMA compliant we need cards and 30k$ buried?

Telling people that wet marijuana is OK is WRONG. Unless you are gona pay for their dream team at supreme court.

that's no law. or judicial opinion... that's the problem with the law. Even Komorn would agree that this trial crap is silly.

Komorn has had fake card and ex post cases tossed too... He is proof most attorneys are ineffective council on MMMA, most haven't read it.

Yes they drop a lot of Komorns cases to avoid embarrassment and not be involved in supreme court rulings.

What percentage of grower can afford a medical marijuana professional lawyer to have a jury trial (with no MMMA defense) in Detroit

that's great if you can afford a small fortune to fight a case.

Did the voter really think that to be MMMA compliant we need cards and 30k$ buried?

Telling people that wet marijuana is OK is WRONG. Unless you are gona pay for their dream team at supreme court.

Thanks

Sure sounds like you have been into a Few Court rooms ether you or for someone else as for support as i have also i've seen it many times i understand how you and i both feel 

imho Get caught it's a 50/50 chance but only if you have the $$ or get lucky and if dismissed and the State doesn't appeal 

When someone ask me what to do i say leave it on the plant and count it as a plant but most of all get  a card and tell no one 

Edited by bobandtorey

that's no law. or judicial opinion... that's the problem with the law.

you have a valid point. but that is the larger problem with the courts, its not mmj specific.

you need a lawyer and it costs you $3k+ to defend any prosecution.

the only reason the court costs problem is more marijuana related is because the prosecutors are going after marijuana cases more heavily than the other cases. so if you want to take your point further, no one should be in the mmma program at all, nor should they use marijuana at all as long as its illegal.

you made that choice knowing marijuana was illegal federally. you knew cops and prosecutors hated marijuana.

Wet marijuana is OK. It is required step in between plant and dry marijuana.

Komorn would not agree that the trial crap is silly, when the alternative is not having a defense and being railroaded into a plea.

THE Alternative is a workable law where people can assert their rights without spending a million dollars.

THE alternative is that the state of Michigan works this out.

I agree I made my life choices... but it is very very very irresponsible to tell people wet marijuana doesn't count. So I got a friend going through a wet marijuana case now... How much money does he need to pay a lawyer?

Telling people wet is OK is WRONG. Even the hanging the plants with roots on it is wrong. This whole law is wrong.

How do I get 2.5 oz if my limit is 2.5 oz and 2.5 oz wet is like a pound.

Anyone given someone advice that wet marijuana is legal is a clown.... IT'S NOT "USEABLE MARIJUANA" AND NOT PROTECTED (by protected I mean by law)

I may be wrong and you may be right.... but it is irresponsible to tell people wet is ok.

Please site MCL law that says wet is ok.... show me where it says freezer bud, or how to dry plants, or any of this.... it's not there. This like every single aspect you can think of surrounding marijuana is subject to judicial review and opinions.... Med Mari been legal in cali for 18 years and they are still bringing supreme cases.

Yes I do have a chip on my shoulder.

Nothing is legal or illegal til the supreme court. Hartwick and tuttle send people to prison then get over turned. This whole law is a trap and illegal. there is no way to navigate this law.

I mean no disrespect to your profession... or anyone personally at all. But I also think more could be done

http://norml.org/component/zoo/category/norml-legal-committee

I may be wrong and you may be right.... but it is irresponsible to tell people wet is ok.

Please site MCL law that says wet is ok.... show me where it says freezer bud, or how to dry plants, or any of this.... it's not there. This like every single aspect you can think of surrounding marijuana is subject to judicial review and opinions.... Med Mari been legal in cali for 18 years and they are still bringing supreme cases.

Nothing is legal or illegal til the supreme court. Hartwick and tuttle send people to prison then get over turned. This whole law is a trap and illegal. there is no way to navigate this law.

I mean no disrespect to your profession... or anyone personally at all. But I also think more could be done

Why did the person that you sold to turn you in? Just curious ....

you made that choice knowing marijuana was illegal federally. you knew cops and prosecutors hated marijuana.

IRV ROSENFELD.

yeah i love irv too. he is one of 4 people allowed to have marijuana federally.

but i dont think we are helping, how can we help?

if you want us to tell people not to be in the program, we're not going to do that. the benefits outweigh the risk for us.

if you want to help , contact your legislator and represenative and governor. get other patients to contact theirs. do this non stop.

if all of us 100,000 patients called nonstop we'd have the law we needed.

Then by all means do it.