To Gov. Snyder: Fire Lara Head

pic book

gov., you've got a va level flunky running lara.  pitch the bastaaaarrrrrdd.  

you push people away from section 4 with lara's incompetence.  after twice sending in doctor's original certs you deny me again as a 'copy.'  IF YOU ONLY ACCEPT BLUE INK on submitted documents,TELL THE DITZ TO STATE IT THAT WAY.

I've actually worked with the guy, he is trying to correct these issue and I am aware of several significant changes he has made to fix some of these problems.  But each patient can help as well.  No corrections, proper name as written on the drivers' license, clear copy of the license, proper documentation included, correct amount on the check.  These help.  The form (which he designed) is MUCH simpler, but it has to be filled out right.  

That said, as anoretentive as we are about the forms in our practice, we do get rejections.  We give an original and a copy, patients send in the copy.  Sr/Jr/II on the form but not on the license, or on the license but not on the form (patients and caregivers), not sending proper paperwork for the reduced fee, etc.  These are things we've had slip by.  Sometimes making a phone call or sending an email to my contact can get it done right then, other times we just have to submit new paperwork.  But he gets back to me quickly on EVERY one I've asked him about, and if it was a silly rejection, he changes the way the state does it.

Hopefully it will continue to improve, and it is a vast improvement over the old guard.

Dr. Bob

"I've actually worked with the guy, he is trying to correct these issue and I am aware of several significant changes he has made to fix some of these problems.  But each patient can help as well.  No corrections, proper name as written on the drivers' license, clear copy of the license, proper documentation included, correct amount on the check.  These help.  The form (which he designed) is MUCH simpler, but it has to be filled out right.  

That said, as anoretentive as we are about the forms in our practice, we do get rejections.  We give an original and a copy, patients send in the copy.  Sr/Jr/II on the form but not on the license, or on the license but not on the form (patients and caregivers), not sending proper paperwork for the reduced fee, etc.  These are things we've had slip by.  Sometimes making a phone call or sending an email to my contact can get it done right then, other times we just have to submit new paperwork.  But he gets back to me quickly on EVERY one I've asked him about, and if it was a silly rejection, he changes the way the state does it.

Hopefully it will continue to improve, and it is a vast improvement over the old guard.

Dr. Bob"

It's anal retentive Bob. You of all people should know that.

But this is pretty good stuff. I am glad you are finding ways to help us. Thanks.

Edited by GregS

gov., you've got a va level flunky running lara.  pitch the bastaaaarrrrrdd.  

Sorry that you're having problems, pic book.  If we're speaking of the same person at LARA, Mr Mitchell, I agree with the Doctor.  I have personal experience with Mr Mitchell correcting an issue for me that should not have occurred, and found him to pleasant, intelligent, and compassionate. He is hardly worthy, in my opinion, of being called a name and calling for the loss of his employment. Compassion is a two-way street, so to speak.  

Oh!  Almost forgot!  For two of my favorite people in the forum, it's rather pleasant to see you two guys being civil.  Keep up the good work!  Carry on.  

:)

(edited beacuse my speil-chekker thingie is gleithcing, and an ateemp at gooder engesh comppostition)

Edited by cheapshades

I've had a few issues with LARA, never spoke with a male, and often spoke with the same female. Each and every time she seemed to go out of her way to be sensitive to my needs, and the needs of the patient. She always was a big help in understanding the problem, and it's resolution. that's my exp. sorry you had issue.

what color ink did you use ? :hair:

Hee hee. the Gorilla guy said ANAL,the cheap guy can't spell for crap cuz he aint edumatcated, Pic got an early start to the weekend,Dr Bob will have great weather to fly,and the Zap guy looks like that guy from The Hangover. Man I love Fridays! CAN YA FEEL THE LOVE!! :lol: Black ink since the beginning.

Edited by jointedone

You know Bob, since you are being so very generously and unstintingly helpful it would be a blessing to the community if you were to tell us all doctors you know of who engage in what you would call "best practices" in writing certifications. Won't you please favor us with your immense knowledge?

Edited by GregS

someone competent wud require drs ofice to transmit cert and ap electronically direct to lara.  why not do it this way?

he is incompetent, stuck in the 1940's, snail mailing back and forth burning up 2.5 months, and puts me at risk of arrest/harassment traffic stop and paying $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a section 8 defense.  (see sanilac transport thread for how cops gets up-to-the-minute status of your renewal).

i'm defenseless vs an incompetent who cashes my money order or check--why not require payment by debit or credit card?  The way it is today--at his behest he gives me the finger and leaves me vulnerable to section 8 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when i do all i can to comply with section 4 but he makes it impossible.

i think he is still using a mimeograph for copies.  Require electronic submission from drs office, not snail mail.

Edited by pic book

and to those who defend this cave man (i am one too, cannot post a link, a congenital problem, i think) are you boys volunteering to pay for a totally unnecessary section 8 (if my card had been issued as it shud have been) before my old expired?  of course you're not opening your wallets. it is not your problem--it shudn't be anyone's and things shud never get to that--but it's gonna happen to some victim.

so why shud i be placed at (unnecessary) risk for even 1 minute?  may not happen to me but maybe happen to you?  

this vulnerability of patients is lara's fault; or it it yours?  more likely lara, right?  

skewer the guys responsible for the va and for lara, and treat us citizens like we deserve to be treated.

Edited by pic book

frisbee on the back lawn in 5 minutes   :)

Frisbee is for sissies,Cheap!. LAWN DARTS,now there's a great game.............................And Pic is right,anything State Gov does is slow and they have too many employees. And a UNION to protect them from ever being fired. Hey good luck on those pensions you THINK you are getting,State employees.

Why do you say that? Seems like all politicos lie like a rug,no matter what party.

Mostly because of Leyton's record with us and in Genesee County. I agree that you can really only watch their actions. Leyton has been walking the walk for years now. The only road to Leyton includes Schauer as Governor. I know that the attorney general throws a lot of weight with the legislature because I have watched it happen. Their attitudes create an atmosphere that effects the court system. Right now that atmosphere is toxic to anyone but the rich. Edited by Restorium2

Frisbee is for sissies,Cheap!. LAWN DARTS,now there's a great game.............................And Pic is right,anything State Gov does is slow and they have too many employees. And a UNION to protect them from ever being fired. Hey good luck on those pensions you THINK you are getting,State employees.

cheap with a small-case "c".  just keeping it humble.   :)  Frisbee for sissies?  Myself and a Marine buddy used it for a 30 minute aerobic session on the flight-line every day at lunch time for a few months.  Great exercise. 

Edited by cheapshades

I like that. Why take a frisbee to the back of your head when a lawn dart through your skull will work much better? CROQUET is the real answer.

Yea, I can see it now.  As I'm getting ready to throw the frisbee to Greg, I shout, "Hey!  Look over there!"  Then throw.   :)

I'd probably need to wear some steel toed boots to play Lawn Darts or Croquet with you guys.  

I wouldn't even begin to consider playing without both the boots AND a helmet. In croquet you never can tell when a ball will come flying at you at Verlander speed.

Edited by GregS

LMAO,yes,croquet mallets were another useful toy. Those balls are hard and hurt. Red Rover was another good one. A kid running to slam his way thru a defensive line. Right up there with Dodge ball. In our family of 6,it usually turned violent when my older brother would cheat and start chasing my other older brother around the yard. If Dad had to come out,well,us girls were always innocent of any wrong-doing............................. :hocky: And yeah we played hockey too. Dad would make our small backyard into an ice rink for the winter. It's DA YOOPER blood.

LMAO,yes,croquet mallets were another useful toy. Those balls are hard and hurt. Red Rover was another good one. A kid running to slam his way thru a defensive line. Right up there with Dodge ball. In our family of 6,it usually turned violent when my older brother would cheat and start chasing my other older brother around the yard. If Dad had to come out,well,us girls were always innocent of any wrong-doing............................. :hocky: And yeah we played hockey too. Dad would make our small backyard into an ice rink for the winter. It's DA YOOPER blood.

I have scars and broken bones I got playing pom-pom on ice. Hockey was not a popular sport in my hometown then, but I like to think I'd enjoy it. Let's just say I have a low center of gravity.

We played kickball with those great red rubber playground balls on the football field at lunch. No rules except that the ball had to be kicked between the goalposts and under the crossbar. One opposing team member offered cash rewards to anyone who could put me down and keep me down. He still has his money.

Edited by GregS