Obama And Putin Face-To-Face Draws Cheers And Chuckles

We are a country of innocent until proven guilty. Who besides "god" is in a position to judge the matter in advance of the facts?

All of our service members deserve to be brought home - dead or alive, decorated or shamed.

ANY service member deserves and should be entitled to a defense. And if a soldier did wrong, that is what court martials and time in Levinworth are for.

:blow-a-heart: 

And while we are discussing the notion of negotiating with terrorists, let's not forget the great accomplishment of the GW Bush administration with regard to Libya.  I haven't had a lot of love for the GWB administration, but I give them credit for the accomplishments with Libya.  Let's not forget that Libya was very clearly accountable for the Pam Am flight that went down over Lockerbee, Scotland - purely terrorist action against innocent civilians.  Reagan bombed Qaddafi's own home with no results.  Bush II negotiated with this devil and had a positive result.  We had a real terrorist to deal with there, yet the administration had secret negotiations that resulted in Libya giving up nuclear weapons. 

I am saying we should wait for the facts to come out.  I do not consider the opinion of the soldier, who has levelled much of the claims against Bowe publicly, who recieved a "less than honorable discharge" as totally reliable.  I also wish to understand the actual circumstances that evolved around it. But until that happens, he is an honorable soldier. Period. He served in war unlike people like Dick Cheney who asked and received 5 deferments to avoid the draft . Or nutjob, Ted Nugent, who was so frightened at the prospect of going to war that he literally shiit in his pants and remained unbathed for weeks in order to get out of serving his country. Bowe Bergdahl actually went to war and obviously became very damaged because of it.  He says in his letters watching that kid get run over and then his fellow soldiers laughing and making fun of it put him over the edge.  He couldnt get past it or past how his "brothers" treated it.  *shrug*

Anyhow... There is questions around the circumstances and here a blip of it:

An archive of military reports logging significant activities in America’s war in Afghanistan offers a contemporaneous written record of events in Paktika that summer. The archive was made public by Chelsea Manning, formerly known as Pvt. Bradley Manning, who is serving a 35-year prison sentence for the leak.

The first two deaths the critics link to Sergeant Bergdahl involved a major assault by insurgents on a combat outpost called Zerok on July 4, 2009. Their view is that the Taliban knew the Americans were stretched thin by the search mission and took advantage of that opportunity to try to overrun it.

The other six American deaths in Paktika that summer occurred from Aug. 18 to Sept. 5, which Sergeant Bergdahl’s critics link to him as well.

“You see a lot of anger because we lost guys not only at Zerok, but a decent amount of good guys looking” for him, said a soldier from his unit who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Where those events are identifiable in the logs, they do not mention any link to Bergdahl search operations, although the logs are terse and contain few contextual details.

Mr. Bethea wrote that of the six men killed in August and September, two died in a roadside bombing while on a reconnaissance mission, a third was shot during a search for a Taliban political leader and three others were killed while conducting patrols — two in an ambush and one who stepped on a mine.

He suggested some connection to Sergeant Bergdahl for several of the deaths, saying the Taliban leader and a village that was in the area of one of the patrols were “thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors.” He also said a village in the areas of the other patrol was “near the area where Bergdahl vanished.”

Still, those villages and insurgents were in the overall area of responsibility for the soldiers, and the logs make clear that the region was an insurgent hotbed. A log on May 21, 2009, for example, said it had historically been a “safe haven” for the Taliban.

A retired senior American military officer, who was briefed at the time on the search for Sergeant Bergdahl, said that even though soldiers were instructed to watch for signs of the missing American, they would have been conducting patrols and performing risky operations anyway.

“Look, it’s not like these soldiers would have been sitting around their base,” he said.

The soldier who spoke on condition of anonymity agreed that it was “ludicrous” to lay 100 percent of the blame for the deaths at Sergeant Bergdahl’s feet, and he acknowledged that patrols were going to get hit in Paktika during fighting season anyway.

Why don't you mention the thousands of illegals that your buddy barry is streaming into FEMA camps,right now?? Oh the poor things,it's too hot for them. But you probably can't tear yourself away from your "I'M White and I voted for Barry to prove how UN- racist I am" website. Geeze you libturds are so stupid. And say one more thing bad about our troops,I have 2 nephews in the bunny muffin hole,while you complain. I am sick of you insulting me,you stupid lib idiot. You like to pick on women,I notice that. Wow. What a big man. Making up for what you don't have in the "manliness" dept? Your foolish leader is going to send our boys right back to the craphole Iran. And he WILL close Gitmo,by releasing every single terrorist there. Our own inmates don't have it as good as those scum do. And where do you find these NO PROOF editorials? Make them up yourself? You disdain for parents of killed soldiers makes  me sick. The next terror attack will be the fault of idiots like you.

Why don't you mention the thousands of illegals that your buddy barry is streaming into FEMA camps,right now?? Oh the poor things,it's too hot for them. But you probably can't tear yourself away from your "I'M White and I voted for Barry to prove how UN- racist I am" website. Geeze you libturds are so stupid. And say one more thing bad about our troops,I have 2 nephews in the bunny muffin hole,while you complain. I am sick of you insulting me,you stupid lib idiot. You like to pick on women,I notice that. Wow. What a big man. Making up for what you don't have in the "manliness" dept? Your foolish leader is going to send our boys right back to the craphole Iran. And he WILL close Gitmo,by releasing every single terrorist there. Our own inmates don't have it as good as those scum do. And where do you find these NO PROOF editorials? Make them up yourself? You disdain for parents of killed soldiers makes  me sick. The next terror attack will be the fault of idiots like you.

I don't believe you are a woman at all. Most woman don't use being a woman as a crutch or excuse. I think you are one sorry man that pretends to be a woman.