Medical Cannabis Cup In Flint(Clio)

Norby

Got my ticket last nite.  Couldn't pass this one up as I missed the hash bash and still haven't been to an "event' or smoked with anyone in Mi since the Grateful Dead at the palace 20 years ago.

They had the lineup for the one in Frisco.  Aaron from DNA will be talking.  Plus I'll save up and see if they have some cheap glass or another vape I could pick up.  They seem to have seminars on edibles and other activities.  Haven't announced the musical act yet.  If it's Moe as in San Fran I'll at least know one person there.

Is it safe?

What is the law enforcement community like in Flint? (Hopefully friendlier than here in Oakland County)

Do the people doing the edible demonstrations know that they can only have 2.5 ounces of the edible and that it can't be made with extracts like butter or oil thanks to our COA?

Good questions.  It's actually in Clio.  If it was in Flint I'm sure the 8 cops there would have something better to do.  It is in Genesee Co. I think, which is very mj friendly, from what I've heard and seen.  The mayor of Montrose spoke for Hb 4172 and 5140.  There are dispensaries operating in Genesee Co. Although HT thought dispensaries in MI were legal.  Clio cultivation always has commercials on the banana and the other rock station I listen to.  I know, all of them don't answer the question.  Oh, they have their own private security for all the events and said they've never had more polite crowds.  I know still not an answer.  It seems Lennon, Swartz creek, Durand, Clio, Montrose and the other places around here are all pretty laid back on the MJ front.  I plan on stopping in to Clio cultivation and asking some questions.  I try and check out all the grow shops within 1/2 hour of me but I keep finding more.  There are quite a few!

I live in Clio and would like to attend. It depends entirely on whether I can leave the house. If my wife is well enough to leave alone or with my daughter it would remain to be seen how well I can stay on my feet. If not i'll be around and hope to meet some people.

Genessee County is pretty progressive with cannabis. The County Prosecutor has said he has bigger fish to fry and lets at least one farm market and some dispensaries operate without a problem

Well I'll be there! I just got a VIP Ticket for the two day event. Looking forward to it too! Just a forewarning to any of the folk here who end up going: I'm actually a younger guy being 23, 24 on the 14th here soon so I'm stoked. Skydiving man, skydiving. People, I don't generally do so great with. I don't like driving. But I'm more than willing to jump out of an airplane.

See you guys at the Canna-Cup! =)

It isn't like anything I could ever describe to land-dwellers haha, it's a feeling that's so far different than what you'd think that it just isn't even scary. You almost forget that you're falling in some ways...until you look at the altimeter. A normal person would think that hey, that's a long drop. They're just thinking about the drop. I like it so much, that I, if possible in my future, could see myself making a possible career out of becoming an instructor. It's a rush, I can't put it any other way haha.

I don't mind not entering any competitions, I just want to have the experience of saying I went to a High Times Cannabis Cup. Eventually, I'll make the Amsterdam trek at some point in my life, but not this year. I wonder if I can get my old mag signed by some of the HT reps? I have a fairly pristine looking copy of the Summer 74' issue of Hightimes #1 that I'd love to get them to give their John Hancock.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

thanks for the heads up Norby!

I just purchased my VIP ticket for the weekend!

I'm looking forward to attending my first high times cannabis cup!

it would be cool to meet up with a few club members that weekend too

any chance of there being a Michigan Medical Marijuana Organization booth?

IDK.  Moe is playing at the cup in San Fran this month.  A friend thought they were playing here too.  Just checked the site and unless they're coming here between Japan and Germany, it's not them.

I love moe. 

Bummer.

I will be attending.

Heyyy now Jointed, I'm only 24 and I'm sufficiently an adult in my opinion. Long haired even! Otherwise, mostly not a jerk though =P But I absolutely get where you're coming from with younger folks being snarkish on a general basis. My favorite company is that of my 63 year old "Uncle", who's really my mothers' uncle, but I digress, he is my Uncle haha.

Ha Dro,my nephews like me too. It was a joke. I was remembering a rally I attended at the Oakland County Courthouse some years ago. It was embarassing,the 60s are over. I could see the employees watching out the windows laughing,all this as I was standing next to a young man younger than you,who had MS and was in a wheelchair with oxygen,this kid was never going to walk again much let life a long life. My heart just broke when I saw this kid,he could have been our kid. He was so sweet,he didn't have the energy to even speak. There were his parents with him,they had both taken a day off work to attend this rally. And the people watching from the building thought that was funny? This kid had more guts that I will ever have and I am old. It also turned me off to attending rallies where people act like they don't want to be taken seriously. I imagine it was a pretty serious subject for this young man and his parents. I'll never forget that. Sorry if I offended you,I do remember what it is like to be young and fervent about changing things in this  crappy world. I guess when you get old you get grouchier. WHY we are STILL fighting this battle is just beyond me.The voters spoke. And they will again in August. Now it's YOUR generations turn to try and succeed what we failed at.