,” McCabe said, noting that there have been numerous cases in which officers who beat criminal charges were reinstated. “And then we would be stuck with him. We can’t take the chance that the jury will acquit.”

tough schitt!  This guy is so dangerously dirty the police don't want to be "stuck" with him as an employee,  but have no problem "sticking" him back into society jobless and pizzed off about losing his job for his crimes?

wait till jails feel the same way about child molesters and rapists....oh wait a minute........late again.

Edited by grassmatch

I avoid driving through Oakland County whenever possible.

Since even before Captain Karlin was fired for criminal activity, even well before he was a Sergeant back in the early 80s. The corruption was way out of hand even then. They were not too keen on the homeless being in their ritzy town. People attempted to report to the news and other authorities of the incidents with the homeless people, but the reports fell onto deaf ears.

To be honest, I am truly afraid of OC. I fear to speak the things I know.

The "War" on drugs ruined our legal system. Maybe when the War ends our legal system will recover.

I think it has done more damage to the criminal justice system than to the legal system per se. They have made criminals out of average, everyday people and equated drug use to rape, murder, theft, etc. In other words, they have lumped drug use in with serious crime.

I hope that the world can untangle itself from the web that we have woven around marijuana.

Edit to add:  Prohibitionists - I know you think that drugs cause serious crime. Gang wars, Mexican murders, etc. Please try to realize that it is not the drugs causing these problems. It is the illegality of drugs that is causing all the problems.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

I think it has done more damage to the criminal justice system than to the legal system per se. They have made criminals out of average, everyday people and equated drug use to rape, murder, theft, etc. In other words, they have lumped drug use in with serious crime.

I hope that the world can untangle itself from the web that we have woven around marijuana.

Edit to add:  Prohibitionists - I know you think that drugs cause serious crime. Gang wars, Mexican murders, etc. Please try to realize that it is not the drugs causing these problems. It is the illegality of drugs that is causing all the problems.

Yes just like the gun thing

people kill not guns