Which Auto Flower?

I've been researching for a plant that naturally stays very short, like only two feet, and also doesn't have phenos that rise to 40 or so inches, which seems very common--very short strains aren't all very short, same varying as much as 18 inches.

In my search i started looking at autos and made a chart of some highly-rated autos, and found that they, like photo plants, have tall variations (phenos).  In fact with autos it seems to be a rule--the taller the plant the higher the reported yields.  Only one auto reports consistent height of 2 foot or less (red dwarf).

Descriptions of yields from same strain from the same breeder vary hugely, except for red dwarf.   All sources peg it at 60 grams.

height     grams                    weeks     aroma                            name                             

20-24"     60                         9-10        skunk                             red dwarf auto

22-35"     75/90-112             9-10        cheese/rotten yeast*      flash babylon****

20-36"     40-70/70-120        10           peppery                          royal jack auto

28-40"     40-160/190-240    10           citrus                              white widow auto

24-32"      70-80/165             9            sweet skunk                   r critical auto

24-40"      40-135/avg 160    10          cheese                           royal cheese auto

24-40"      40-50/60-110        8            strong skunk                  sweet skunk

24-40"      80-100/180           10-12     haze                               royal haze auto

28-40"      80-110/165           8            caramel                          royal cream auto

32-40"      70-120/160           9-10       musky sweet incense    royal ak auto

36-48"      90-200                  9-10       northern lights               northern lights auto

24-40"      18-32                    9-10       rotten mangoes             russian rocket fuel*****

*i call it the stench of fruit and baby poo--in flowering it makes me gag.

added from Norby grow experience:

18-24"       21**                                                                         russian rocket fuel

**off 9-12" plants

****grasshoppers love to chop it full of holes and wreck the yield--what little there wud be.                              *****smokes like rope but good for oil                               

Edited by pic book

Check out Breeder Stitch.

He has created many Autos including Norby's Russian rocket fuel.

There is also Stone Dragon and the other dragon lines.

Also check out Sweet seeds, they have numerous auto varieties .

Good luck pic let us know hoe it turns out .

Look up Russian Rocket Fuel.  I didn't have any that got over 18-24inches.  Great yield too.  I got 3/4oz off of plants that were 9-12"

Norby:  i had ignored rrf due to the breeder's description of it being 24-40", as i'm looking for no more than 24".  See what a diff growing it out makes vs breeder's statement.  Thanx for your grow report.

Every northern lights auto I grew did not auto flower. Ive been cloning a NL auto flower for about 2 years now. Same thing happened with Smurfberry Auto. I was really impressed with this one as far as a shorter auto flower goes. http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/dna-genetics-60-day-lemon-auto

If you dont mind them getting taller, il Diavolo is hands down the best auto in my opinion! http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/delicious-il-diavolo-automatic

Norby:  i had ignored rrf due to the breeder's description of it being 24-40", as i'm looking for no more than 24".  See what a diff growing it out makes vs breeder's statement.  Thanx for your grow report.

Oh, they may hit 40 under lights at 20 hrs on inside but with the cold(hi 50's at nite) and limited sun outside they only hit 9-18" for me.  I did one inside and it may have hit 24".  Much better outside in my opinion though.  I  guess I assumed they were going outside.

Edited by Norby

Norby--they are going outside from germ to flower, no transplant, and rrf is short enuf.

Greater Clare:  no height info given by the breeder on either lemon auto or il devolo.  What did you find their respective heights to be, please?

Edited by pic book

Norby--they are going outside from germ to flower, no transplant, and rrf is short enuf.

Greater Clare:  no height info given by the breeder on either lemon auto or il devolo.  What did you find their respective heights to be, please?

iL Diavolo got to 30 inches under 1600 w of HPS light in 60 days (harvested at 67). Grown in DWC though, which seems to get em taller, quicker.

Lemon Auto around 24 inches, that was in a hydro flood table. Used GH Flora Nova with both.

Check out Breeder Stitch.

He has created many Autos including Norby's Russian rocket fuel.

There is also Stone Dragon and the other dragon lines.

Also check out Sweet seeds, they have numerous auto varieties .

Good luck pic let us know hoe it turns out .

'how It turns out' is the best and only reliable info is from those who have grown them.  How did Stone Dragon go for you?