Newbie To Wax And E-Cannabis

I got the Blu e cigs after trying some disposable ones. I have a G Pen for dry stuff, eGo brand in a kit.  The other day I bought a vape about the same size,that you put the liquid in. It's called Puff .Supposed to be like a cig. The tank has little wicks in it and also came with an empty tank. Bought the liquid I wanted,trying to stay off the cigs.Now I wonder if I can put hash oil in the empty tank.Anybody try this?  Thanks.

I use a large flask with a vacuum port on it, a large ceramic funnel that holds a coffee filter, and my seal a meal machine to provide the vacuum through the external port. That way it only takes 20 minutes to suck a couple cups of liquid through the funnel/filter. Make sure the ceramic funnel is cold so the lipids and waxes don't go back into solution as you wait for it to be filtered.

You should make a tutorial with pics.

I got the Blu e cigs after trying some disposable ones. I have a G Pen for dry stuff, eGo brand in a kit.  The other day I bought a vape about the same size,that you put the liquid in. It's called Puff .Supposed to be like a cig. The tank has little wicks in it and also came with an empty tank. Bought the liquid I wanted,trying to stay off the cigs.Now I wonder if I can put hash oil in the empty tank.Anybody try this?  Thanks.

I did the same thing a little over a year ago and quit smoking. Then I moved on to the devices like you mention, refillable tanks. I have spent the last year making that my hobby. Now I am also mixing in flavors and stuff.

E Cannabis Oil Aka G Oil

This one here is probably like the puff you are talking about. Basically an eGo battery with a CE4 clearomizer.

Right now I am puffing on some Jolly Rancher flavored e-cannabis oil. This mix is of concentrated cannabis oil, PEG400 NF/USP, and Jolly Rancher e-cigg flavoring. It is vaping awesome!

Hey GG. How do you like the PEG 400 so far? It does make for the best looking and well mixed e-cannabis. I still like the taste of the PG better. I have been adding e-cig flavors to my juice as well. Most of them are made of PG. Some like orange are essential oils. That one is probably my favorite so far. I'm still trying to figure out if I should winterize my oil or not. I think it depends on how well the QWISO turns out. I just made my first batch of it using some Blue Cheese trim and it was really green. So I winterized it and am eager to give it a try when the ethanol evaporates.

Hey GG. How do you like the PEG 400 so far? It does make for the best looking and well mixed e-cannabis. I still like the taste of the PG better. I have been adding e-cig flavors to my juice as well. Most of them are made of PG. Some like orange are essential oils. That one is probably my favorite so far. I'm still trying to figure out if I should winterize my oil or not. I think it depends on how well the QWISO turns out. I just made my first batch of it using some Blue Cheese trim and it was really green. So I winterized it and am eager to give it a try when the ethanol evaporates.

Do I like the PEG400? Yes and no. No because the PEG400 is thick like VG and it makes my concentrate extremely thick even when mixed 60/40. Supposedly it stays infused better.

I agree with the winterizing. It does depend on how it comes out. Winterizing robs you of flavors, but can smooth it out and take away unwanted crap. Stains can have a big influence on that.

Good idea on winterizing your "green" QWISO, I would have done the same.

Give me a link to your orange flavoring, I will give it a try.

I am really getting hooked on the NF. USP is our government's approval, NF is national. The PEG400 I have is actually PEG400 NF/USP. They offer it in many different varieties I have more research and sampling to do before I can make a fair assessment. The only thing I know about it right now is that PEG400 is the most common formula used in e-ciggs.

I agree, the PG USP tastes great, but in my favorite, best working clearomizers (KangerTech) the PG USP can be harsh, a lot of throat burn. Not so in other clearomizers though.

The PEG400 NF/USP, you can taste a chemical taste. Adding flavors can counter that. The PEG400 is quite thick so you have to add more.

I am not sure which I like better yet. So far it depends on what unit I am using. I haven't messed around with flavors using PG USP, but I have gotten around to comparing PEG e-cannabis vs. PEG e-ciggs. When I add the flavors, I prefer NF/USP. I almost can't tell the difference. At least in the Aerotank mini. More testing needs to be done.

I am really liking all of it to be quite honest. Maybe it is not the most efficient way, not every man's way, but surely a more healthy alternative to combustion.

All in all, Nix, I am not sure which I like better yet. :D

Edit: Vaporizing is safer when it comes to LEO, no stink lingering. That can make all the difference for a lot of patients out there, especially in federal housing.

Forgot to provide these links;

PEG400 NF/USP http://www.texlabsupply.com/product-p/2ozpeg400.htm

NF Organic flavors: there is 2 pages of flavors. They may have orange. I have tried the plumb apricot sample they sent me. https://highdesertvapes.com/categories/DIY/DIY-Flavors/NF-Organic/

I am still liking the CE5 BDC for e-ciggs.

Edited by GrowGoddess

This one looks good. It's an essential oil from an actual orange rather than an artificial flavoring.

https://highdesertvapes.com/products/Orange-%28Sweet%29-Flavor.html

I bought a grab bag of flavors from this Amazon store.

http://www.amazon.com/LorAnn-Candy-Flavoring-Oils-FLAVORS/dp/B006OG0B9Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1405136799&sr=1-1

Most are artificial but some like orange, lemon, spearmint, and a few more are oil extracts.

So how many drops per tank of flavoring do you add to the PEG per gram of oil?

This one looks good. It's an essential oil from an actual orange rather than an artificial flavoring.

https://highdesertvapes.com/products/Orange-%28Sweet%29-Flavor.html

I bought a grab bag of flavors from this Amazon store.

http://www.amazon.com/LorAnn-Candy-Flavoring-Oils-FLAVORS/dp/B006OG0B9Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1405136799&sr=1-1

Most are artificial but some like orange, lemon, spearmint, and a few more are oil extracts.

So how many drops per tank of flavoring do you add to the PEG per gram of oil?

I plan on trying several of the NF organic flavors on my next order with HDV. Orange, lemon, lime, spearmint, peppermint, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, oh there are so many that sound good to me!

I am still at the beginning of adding flavors to e-cannabis. I start with adding 2 drops per gram-gram and a half. After using, if it seems like it needs a bit more I will just add another drop right into the tank, it blends right in immediately. Well, at lest it did with the plumb apricot.

On my comment above with the PG USP being harsh with most of the KangerTech products, it is not really the PG it is the cannabis. My e-ciggs that I have been using are mixed 50/50 PG-VG and in those same glass KangerTech products, it is so smooth I can't even tell I am getting a hit. That is why I have been using the CE5 BDC for my e-cigg oil.

I want to look into other essential oils for consideration. Not so much flavorings, but for vaporizing in general. First I will try out the NF Organic flavors.

It has become an expensive venture, but it sure has been fun! at least for me it has.