Pulled Over In Gr With Couple Of Grams - Misdemeanor!

gage2008

Yes I plead guilty and requested 7411 and was granted with the condition that if I can prove my medical needs for marijuana through a "Real" doctor. Which I did. However my discharge paper only says probation supervision and nothing about 7411 and the spot where it should/would be checked. Isn't.

so it's a guilty plea on your record maybe, not a 7411.

really gage, its no matter, as long as you and your family are good with it. like I said, I have one also, felt I had no choice then. I prolly would have waited for a giant score, with a 7411 in my back pocket if it went awry. Then continue, until I need topull it out in court. now that's a plan eh !! instead, I used it for 17 grams of sticks and seeds....what a dork, I know..I was a scared kid. no more I tell you, I'm squeaky, and prepared.

can our 7411 be removed completely zap ? I'd even promise to never commit a drug crime again ? :yahoo-wave:

Can't remove it completely becuz the whole idea behind it is that it's a 1 shot dealy. You can only use it once in your lifetime. If they eliminate the record completely then theres no way for future prosecutors to know if u used your one shot.

Congratulations Gage!

Sad you had to go through this.  I am glad it is over for you and yours.

Question for the gallery about 7411.  1975 I was busted with 18gr & got 6 mo's probation.

I don't remember the particulars but, it was stated that this would not be on my record

unless I caught another possesion charge.  If I happen to be one of leos chosen (again)

will this show up on my record?

Wanna hear the dumb part?  It wasn't even mine, sad but true  :hair:

Congratulations Gage!

Sad you had to go through this.  I am glad it is over for you and yours.

Question for the gallery about 7411.  1975 I was busted with 18gr & got 6 mo's probation.

I don't remember the particulars but, it was stated that this would not be on my record

unless I caught another possesion charge.  If I happen to be one of leos chosen (again)

will this show up on my record?

Wanna hear the dumb part?  It wasn't even mine, sad but true  :hair:

I have heard that it's 7 years then you are clear.

A 7411 record is always on ur record. Doesn't go away. But I don't think it's viewable by leos but it has to stay somewhere on ur record because its a one shot dealy. U only get to use 7411 one time. If it went off ur record then the prosecutor wouldn't know u used it and could offer it again if u got another drug charge.

I think peeps are confused bout what 7411 is. It ain't a criminal conviction. U don't hava criminal conviction record if u used 7411 so u don't hafta tell employers or any1 that you have a criminal conviction for it cuz u don't.

So u don't hava criminal conviction for 7411 but the use if it is on a record somewhere but I don't know if leos can see it if they pull u over. I doubt it. But I dunno. Maybe a lawyer here can tell us or maybe some1 who knows what cops can see or get access to when they pull u over.

But I don't know how old the 7411 law is. Maybe it wasn't around in 1975? Don't know.

Bet u don't take the fall for boyfriends anymore. :P

lol Hab you a funny guy, it wasn't my bf's :P

A little fender bender started the avalanche, not my car & I wasn't driving.

idk if 7411 was around back then either.  I just know I am hyper vigilant in an effort

to not catch another case of possession. I roll them bones though so it could happen

again, esp. now with so many over zealous leo. 

I check NO in that box asking if I have a drug conviction.

A judge see's everything you have ever been involved with as far as leo goes, so for the guy like me who has gotten alot of charges dropped a judge loves to look thru my criminal file and make things hard on me lol,,,,,I guess that is where the saying comes from, If you play you will pay!

I have been in court for totaly different reasons more than I would like to admit,,,,,when that judge looks thru my file you can see his/her eyes lite up and a lite bulb over their head turn on lol!   I dont like the legal system and I never make it easy for any one to convict me, I cant stand court appt attny's,   they go talk to the prosecuter and the prosecuter says we are charging him with this, the court appted says duh ok, If you hired your own they would come back with a counter offer or say lets take it to trial!

my last few cases I didnt want a court appted attny, I even had a judge ask me what kind of things do you like to do on your spare time mr. ------- I told him I love to fish,,,,he said if I didnt know how to fish and you took me with you would you teach me how to fish?  I said sure your honor, he replyed that I should get an attny because I have not been to school to be a lawyer and I would need legal help like he would need my help fishing! lol

I stuck to my guns, I requested a jury trial, he gave me my instructions, which I had to write down so I could ask a lawyer friend or go online and see what it ment lol.  I filled out subpoenas (spelling ?)  ( im not an english teacher either) delivered them all and got  copy's to the prosecuters office I did all I could do repping myself, 2 of the times charges were dropped before trial and one time I requested a court appt'd attny near the trial date and it got the date pushed back, and I had an attiny friend side bar for me and tell the appt'd attny what to do, that was dropped also!

bottom line is dont be afraid of the system, do the best you can, be patient and when it gets to tough and dont look like it is going your way hire an attny!  or be prepaired to get offered a bunch of plea deals, dont take a deal that makes you admit to a crime, if you are going to do that than just skip all the other stuff get a court appted attny and plead guilty and dont complain!

Peace

people might get hung up on that phaque. if the court doesnt go the way they think it goes like on law and order.

phaque: maybe you could explain how weird it is to represent yourself and how much hard work it is and how you remain cool throughout the whole ordeal (multiple times, you cool cat.).

i've seen some people on here freak out if the prosecutor delays the trial for another month.

how did / do you deal with delays phaque? how do you keep it together?

i know theres other people who lasted way way way longer in court too.

its gotta be hard on everyone.

hell, look at koon. he finally won in the supreme court, then he went out and got drunk as a skunk. :\

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I plead guilty and requested 7411 and was granted with the condition that if I can prove my medical needs for marijuana through a "Real" doctor. Which I did. However my discharge paper only says probation supervision and nothing about 7411 and the spot where it should/would be checked. Isn't.

What is that about? Are the doctors that give us recommendations not real? 

Edited by kentuckyrain

people might get hung up on that phaque. if the court doesnt go the way they think it goes like on law and order.

phaque: maybe you could explain how weird it is to represent yourself and how much hard work it is and how you remain cool throughout the whole ordeal (multiple times, you cool cat.).

i've seen some people on here freak out if the prosecutor delays the trial for another month.

how did / do you deal with delays phaque? how do you keep it together?

i know theres other people who lasted way way way longer in court too.

its gotta be hard on everyone.

hell, look at koon. he finally won in the supreme court, then he went out and got drunk as a skunk. :\

well first off it is very hard to not think about it, your life is dangling in a judges hand and you are trying the best you can to not spend a ton of money and not sell everything you own!

If they delay my jury trial I love it, it gives me more time to learn some of the things I need to learn before the big day,,,,none of my jury trials ever made it to picking a jury!  The whole time I am out doing my foot work, getting witnesses, character witnesses and all the paper work involved, making sure to hand deliver copys of my paper work to the prosecutor so they know im not just playing the game, (which is what im doing) If you go thru the motions you will get offered plea deals, if you are facing a fellony and you can get it dropped to a misd you did an awsome job, if you dont go all the way to jury trial you did an awsome job!

The most important thing to remember is only 15% of jury trials make it to trial, at least 80% are pled out because of indegents or plea deals, so the main thing im thinking as im being my own mouth peice is I wont be going to trial. it wont ever make it that far, I have never had a trial that I wasnt offered a plea with or w/o an attny!  Im not afraid to get up and walk out of a prosecutors office when im offered something that I dont like, in most of them cases I go out and get more character witnesses and get more paper work delivered by me to the P.A   Some times you cant even get them to talk to you for months because you dont have an attny, I have had friends of mine who are attnys call them, I cant even begin to tell you the b.s you go thru before it is over, you have to also be willing to either hire an attny or request one near the end, I have requested court appt'd attny's a month before trial date, and it moves it all back, almost like starting over,,,but than you get the prosecutor thinking, and it realy helps to have friends who are attny's that will call your court appt one to tell them what to do!

I never would have had the kahonies to be my own attny if I hadnt had so many court cases with good attny's repping me, I unfortunatly have been in court way to many times for someone who has never been convicted of a fellony!

Its like I have been self employed my whole life, so when ever I did work for some one or with some one Im like a sponge, I learn every thing I can learn so I can go out and put it to use for me and mine, I have never liked punching a time clock, I have done it but I always quit and went back to work for myself until I finaly got confident enough to just count on myself for work and stability, there are people out there that have been in the same biz as me and made it realy big, than there are people like me who was happy paying my bills and being able to do things with my family , and than there are the flunky's who just cant do anything on their own, they always need people to hold their hand what ever they do!

You should have know better to ask me a question lmao, You know im long winded! :judge:

Now let me just end on this note:  dont ever try to rep your self on a felony,  beg, borrow and hook to pay for a good lawyer, there are way to many things you cant do as a fellon!

Peace

• 4 weeks later...