Cops Are Cowards - Scared Of Marijuana

Went to see Alice Cooper last night. This was a concert that the organizer advised concert goers to bring their meds with them because the concert was going to be a long one. Said it right on MLive. So we brought our meds. Had great seats, 6 rows back and center. A dad brought his 12ish year old daughter with him, they were right in front of us. Great thing. We decided to go and medicate away from them just in case they were sensitive to cannabis smoking. So my wife and I go way out of the VIP area. Way over on the far side of the hill. We check the wind to make sure we are not obvious. Light up a joint and not 2 tokes in here comes two cops. They stand about 50 feet away and get on their radios. Here come two more and they close in on us. They come right up about 20 feet away and act like they are about to pounce. So we put it out and go back to our seats. Then we decide to light up a dozen joints and have a pot party right there. F em, the cowards. Pick on a couple all by themselves minding their own business. They need to quit hiring weak cops and get some real ones that can find the real bad guys and not pick on the defenseless that pose no threat to anyone.

Sure they're scared. Prohibition's days are numbered. They are having a hard time acknowledging the facts. All that is necessary is that we keep our shoulders to the wheel. There are plenty of us, the arguments are clear, and the bullschit laws that prohibit use will not last much longer. We own the issues. The threat to their illicit acts is real. They will lose tax funding and civil asset forfeiture, finding themselves out of easy work and easier money and property, having to deal with real crime without being able to steal our stuff from evidence lockers, our homes, autos, and wallets. Their current numbers will not be necessary and many will have to find other jobs. 

And we will laugh.

Tick tock

Sure they're scared. Prohibition's days are numbered. They are having a hard time acknowledging the facts. All that is necessary is that we keep our shoulders to the wheel. There are plenty of us, the arguments are clear, and the bullschit laws that prohibit use will not last much longer. We own the issues. The threat to their illicit acts is real. They will lose tax funding and civil asset forfeiture, finding themselves out of easy work and easier money and property, having to deal with real crime without being able to steal our stuff from evidence lockers, our homes, autos, and wallets. Their current numbers will not be necessary and many will have to find other jobs. 

And we will laugh.

Tick tock

And I, for one, can't wait for that day. The government created the situation we find ourselves in today and they darn well better get crackin to fix it.

This is the sort of specious use of the word "medication" that works against the cause, IMO.

Did the medication cure you of rock nostalgia?

I'd think Alice Cooper would look a lot better from a far distance of both time and space.

You are of the same mindset of those that bully patients. Who are you to contest my medical use? We have a judge in our midst now. Tell me more your honor. Did you send your mighty cops to get those two pretenders smoking the devil weed? Might as well have been you. Your type empowers the bad judges and prosecutors that would have us all in a cell.

I'm scared of them !

I've never seen a criminal as violent in their acts as some of those cops on youtubecom showing vids of raids and pet murders. I've been present during a raid, and a (different) armed robbery against ,my family, and the raid scared the chits out of me!

Thanks again

Where you in a raid because of growing cannabis ?

You are of the same mindset of those that bully patients. Who are you to contest my medical use? We have a judge in our midst now. Tell me more your honor. Did you send your mighty cops to get those two pretenders smoking the devil weed? Might as well have been you. Your type empowers the bad judges and prosecutors that would have us all in a cell.

No one should have a problem if, while you were at an event lasting several hours, you had to take medicine for a health issue.  I've seen lots of legit prescription drugs being taken at restaurants, movies, bars, parks, etc.   I am sure popping a cannabis capsule wouldn't have drawn any attention.

The problem is that our Michigan Medical Cannabis Law doesn't permit public cannabis smoking.  In your description of the setting, you admit to breaking this law.  I have to agree with some others in this thread that you were pushing the envelope.  When you give the police a choice whether to arrest you or to let you go, you have made an error, imo.

I understand the idea of expanding the envelope to push for social change.  That is not a bad thing at all and sometimes should even be commended.  Be careful to pick your spots with that tactic.  Our judicial system seems to like to make an example of people at times.  Pioneers can sometimes pay a heavy price for blazing the trail.

I seen cooper about 30 yrs ago at cobo hall, you want to talk about a good show!!!! unfortunatly we only had columbian and mexican mj and maybe some tigh stick and jamacin mon!  but 3rd row main floor center stage was absolutly nuts, we had a ball and every one was smoking and just passing it down the line, so many peeps burning and passing it didnt matter if yours came back because they just kept coming, only bad thing was they all taisted the same,

The last show I went to was at the palace maybe 10 yrs ago Kid Rock and we burned right in our seats we didnt give a chit, and no one bothered us, but that was before the law when they werent busting people for weed lmao!

How was the coop?

Peace

Coop was great. I didn't smoke in my seat because of mixed company all around me. I'm very respectful of others. That's why we walked out of the VIP and as far out of general admission as we could and still return to the show. Way the heck out on the far side of a hill. Just two of us being very careful. The very most respectful thing you could possible do to smoke. Yet they still wanted to harrass. The concert was long. My back is f ed. I have titanium in it. Believe me, it was totally medical at that point. The concert organizer said on MLive to bring your meds. So the asss hat punk cops gave me no choice but to smoke down in mixed company. At some point, after the second or third joint, it might not have been so much medical anymore. There were so many smniles all around me it made me wonder why I even bothered to be so respectful of others in the first place. Next time I'm going to fire up regardless and let the chips fall where they may. If anyone wants to point fingers as to why this adventure might have veered into recreational land then consider the punk cops that pushed us away from medicated privately. I made a solid attempt at complying and they made it impossible to do so.

by standing near you? ^ seems melodramatic on your part to suggest they were out of line in their duties. maybe I'm missing a part, I'll reread it again, sorry if so.

did they  ask/tell they tell you to stop  ?  I'm not understanding your issue with those cops in that situation. You were hiding and smoking pot, they came to sniff. you continued to smoke, even in other areas.

by standing near you? ^ seems melodramatic on your part to suggest they were out of line in their duties. maybe I'm missing a part, I'll reread it again, sorry if so.

did they  ask/tell they tell you to stop  ?  I'm not understanding your issue with those cops in that situation. You were hiding and smoking pot, they came to sniff. you continued to smoke, even in other areas.

Two people off by themselves doing their best to hide the joint and then two cops walk up. Then two more and the 4 of them move closer. So close you can see their badge numbers. Call it drama to put out the joint if you want to grass. Yes, we were the bad people. You can definitely make that point. You can say that we were not being private enough. But why push people who are making a solid honest attempt to be civil? The cops knew how far we had went to make their job easier. We had VIP arm bands. They knew exactly what we did and yet they made it impossible to even do the right thing.

Sorry but in my opinion they cut you a break regardless of what some organizer said,it could have gone much worse.

I don't think they intended to cut us a break. I think that our quick thinking and quick evasive manuevers made it impossible for them to further bully us. We put out the joint after two hits and moved quickly back towards the VIP area. Two of the 4 followed us until were back inside. This seems like ridiculous police work to me. It's really pathetic. No one was ever in danger. Now if they would have somehow found a way to catch us lighting up in the crowd, obviously disregarding any privacy language in our law, not even trying to comply, then it might have actually been police work and not just bored cops bullying patients.

The bottom line here is:

The pushy cops pushed us out from smoking all by ourselves, way out on the edge of the assigned area that we could not leave and return from, to smoking where we felt safer, but actually more illegaly. In other words, they made a benign situation into something worse. Used our tax dollars to CREATE a problem where there was none. I did this all as a test. I didn't have to even try to comply.

I had the tickets. We were going to smoke. We always do at concerts. The organizer said to bring meds. I decided to try and comply. They made that impossible. So I revert to recreational mode. It's all good. They failed the test is all. It will be a cold day in hell before I try to comply at a concert again. F them pigs.

lol  what an azzhat.

Nothing but speculation  and   sheit stirring

The cops were just trying to keep all the nuts in one  bowl

Sorry if I offended you when I called you a coward. I should have just said you had poor training and not enough real work to do. You were just following orders. Maybe we can get those orders adjusted a little for the 4th? I'm going to smoke you out either way. lol