Jail Guards Accused Of Marijuana Offenses Reject Plea Deal, Charges Still Reduced

really? so now you support the illegal mailing of marijuana by a group(ring) of police officers(edit)  jail house guards and wish for their judicial success ?  One might wonder how compassionate they may have been during their careers  managing past marijuana prisoners.

maybe they'll join the forum and start a gofundmyillegalself com and make financial gains of the whole mess here. it's a brave new world, with strange event occurrences, thank you for the smile.

Some criminals might even realize the compassionate viewing of most any crime they commit.......... if behind a marijuana card.

Edited by grassmatch

VanDoorne is charged with possession of marijuana, punishable by one year in jail, and maintaining a drug house, a two-year offense.

a medical patient charged with possession, you guys claim hes a drug dealer? what? grassmatch,  i know you believe everyone who is charged is automatically guilty, but i'm curious why resto thinks so.

VanDoorne is charged with possession of marijuana, punishable by one year in jail, and maintaining a drug house, a two-year offense.

a medical patient charged with possession, you guys claim hes a drug dealer? what? grassmatch,  i know you believe everyone who is charged is automatically guilty, but i'm curious why resto thinks so.

I just think they were going to sell it to inmates, or already were. Did you see that butter machine? Cannabutter would be like gold in jail. I definitely could be totally wrong though. They could be totally following the law to a T.

Im very interested to see how this turns out!  will they be made an example because of their job or will they get punished more or less than pt's and c.g's who dont work for the county as sworn officers!

The rest is speculation, I love to speculate but I will hold off on this one untill there is more info!

I will say im sure there are others in jobs that are paid by the tax payers (us) that are using mm for there pain management, anyone who uses the cards to get ilegal gains is a black eye to all of us who do follow the law!

Peace

I just think they were going to sell it to inmates, or already were. Did you see that butter machine? Cannabutter would be like gold in jail. I definitely could be totally wrong though. They could be totally following the law to a T.

Kent County Sheriff Larry Stelma said there's no indication at this time that inmates or other employees were involved in the alleged drug activity, which investigators believe occurred over a span of two years.

Edited by t-pain

My guess, the PA lowered the charges, the guards will get another plea, too possession and they will take it.... That's my speculation.. Also if they don't take that plea then it will be set for jury and the day of jury the charges will get dismissed.. (That would be good)

• 4 months later...

Kent County corrections officer charged in marijuana butter case reported dead

ROCKFORD, MI – A former Kent County Sheriff’s Department sergeant and corrections officer who recently pleaded guilty to maintaining a drug house has died.

Timothy Bernhardt, 49, spent 22 years as a sergeant with the Kent County Sheriff’s Department until he pleaded guilty Monday, Oct. 20, in Kent County Circuit Court to the reduced charge, which carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison.

Bernhardt, a father and husband who lived in Rockford, was scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 11.

According to Bernhardt’s attorney, Matthew Newberg of Grand Ledge, the former officer died the morning of Sunday, Nov. 16.

Inquiries to the Kent County Sheriff’s Department have not been answered. How the former officer died has not been confirmed.

Edited by knucklehead bob

Kent County Sheriff's authorities declined comment on the longtime sergeant's death, saying by email "we typically do not comment on any suicides."

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/11/attorney_speaks_of_tragic_outc.html#incart_related_stories

R.I.P

another victim of the war on drugs, thanks uncle gubment

Kent County corrections officer charged in marijuana butter case reported dead

ROCKFORD, MI – A former Kent County Sheriff’s Department sergeant and corrections officer who recently pleaded guilty to maintaining a drug house has died.

Timothy Bernhardt, 49, spent 22 years as a sergeant with the Kent County Sheriff’s Department until he pleaded guilty Monday, Oct. 20, in Kent County Circuit Court to the reduced charge, which carries a maximum sentence of two years in prison.

Bernhardt, a father and husband who lived in Rockford, was scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 11.

According to Bernhardt’s attorney, Matthew Newberg of Grand Ledge, the former officer died the morning of Sunday, Nov. 16.

Inquiries to the Kent County Sheriff’s Department have not been answered. How the former officer died has not been confirmed.

This is a dirty, rotten shame. I wonder if the "persecutor" feels any guilt at all for this mans death? Even a smidgen?

Many don't realize the intense pressure that is on you as a defendant. It is always possible that you will lose everything you have, even if you win the case. If you lose you can lose everything including your freedom.

It looks like the monster is eating it's young now. Maybe tragic events like this are what's needed to open their eyes to what they are doing to people.

With the face of a friend on the victim of their oppression hopefully they'll recognize him as a human being and not a trophy.

Many don't realize the intense pressure that is on you as a defendant. It is always possible that you will lose everything you have, even if you win the case. If you lose you can lose everything including your freedom.

It looks like the monster is eating it's young now. Maybe tragic events like this are what's needed to open their eyes to what they are doing to people.

With the face of a friend on the victim of their oppression hopefully they'll recognize him as a human being and not a trophy.

not a chance, just another brick in the wall....

I am still trying to differeniate the difference between this guy and a law breaker, they had over their limits, even if we had mj legal for legal age people there would still be laws on it!

R.I.P no doubt about it, this guy probably hasnt done any where near the ilegal schitt ive done,,,,beleive me I paid for it, but I would never narc some one out, and I would take my punishment and have, you dont have to get the most expensive lawyer and sell your sole to get out of it, a few yrs or months in jail wont kill you, narcing on the wrong people will!

Let me ask all this?  What would you think if you were sitting in jail and knew one of the guards was doing the same thing you were doing, that put you in jail?

Put your foot in some one else's shoe!  I have sat in jail for mj. and I know c.o's that do all the same things I do,

Personaly I would not like sitting in jail knowing the people that are payed to treat me like sheat are doing the same thing I have been put in jail for!

Suicied is for sissy's it is for week people, Im not weak!  I am strong! I am not perfect!

Peace

How do cannabis patient prison guards get to hold down that job when you can't even get an auto factory job when you use cannabis legally? I can't wrap my mind around that one. I know it's a little off topic but it puzzles me. 

They have a union that doesnt allow testing, uaw allows people to be tested.

Peace