Happening Now - Drug Teams Searching Five Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

http://www.9and10news.com/story/25978363/drug-teams-searching-five-medical-marijuana-dispensaries

Drug Teams Searching Five Medical Marijuana DispensariesPosted: Jul 09, 2014 2:44 PM EST Updated: Jul 09, 2014 2:44 PM EST

3291343_G.JPG
Drug teams are currently out searching several medical marijuana dispensaries. 

The Traverse Narcotics Team says they served five search warrants to five medical marijuana dispensaries in Wexford County. 

TNT will hold a press conference at 4:00 p.m. 

Katie Boomgaard is working to get more details. Stay with Northern Michigan's News Leader for updates.

UPDATE: Wexford County Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Told to ClosePosted: Jul 09, 2014 2:44 PM EST Updated: Jul 09, 2014 4:44 PM EST

2796253_G.JPG

If you're looking for medical marijuana, the Traverse Narcotics Teams says you'll have to look outside Wexford County.

All five medical marijuana dispensaries in Wexford County are being told to close up shop.

Prosecutor Anthony Badovinac says five medical marijuana dispensaries were searched today and told they are operating illegally.

He says many of the dispensaries are serving more than they are allowed to according to Michigan state law.

They have 30 days to close up shop, or face criminal charges.

Stay with Northern Michigan's News Leader as Katie Boomgaard is gets more details.

• The Blue Spruce Gallery on East 34 Road in Cadillac

• Summer Island, North Mitchell Street, Cadillac

• Best Cadillac Provisions, North Mitchell Street, Cadillac

• Magic Buds, M-37, Mesick

• Mesick Farmacy, M-37, Mesick

Many of the shop operators seemed to genuinely believe they were in compliance with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, said Detective 1st Lt. Frank Keck, task force section commander for the MSP 7th District.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/breaking_story/?story_id=1819974&year=2014&issue=20140710

Why are they getting a break? Show me patients that get that a break? Im not an expert but from what Ive seen patients are hauled into court -even as far as the SC by the Attn General and are having to pay large Attn fees and/or plea out to a lesser charge. These dispensaries are clearly not following the law yet they are either  allowed to operate or given a warning letter?????????????

I am not anti dispensary if and when they become legal so be it but they should not be given special treatment now, I don't get it

Why are they getting a break? Show me patients that get that a break? Im not an expert but from what Ive seen patients are hauled into court -even as far as the SC by the Attn General and are having to pay large Attn fees and/or plea out to a lesser charge. These dispensaries are clearly not following the law yet they are either  allowed to operate or given a warning letter?????????????

I am not anti dispensary if and when they become legal so be it but they should not be given special treatment now, I don't get it

Thanks i agree

We sure wish we would have gotten a letter like they did 

I truly feel sorry for all of the patients who relied on the dispensaries for their meds, some will have no where to turn to. 

The supply should still be there if the dispensary doesn't tell the cops who was supplying them. The dispensary was a dam in the supply and now the dam has been busted(pun). No middle man to pay anymore so everyone should be better off eventually. Patients will need to buy direct and be better off because of that. Much better off. It's like getting set free from being a hostage. Some will have Stockholm Syndrome and cry for the dispensary captor.

The supply should still be there if the dispensary doesn't tell the cops who was supplying them. The dispensary was a dam in the supply and now the dam has been busted(pun). No middle man to pay anymore so everyone should be better off eventually. Patients will need to buy direct and be better off because of that. Much better off. It's like getting set free from being a hostage. Some will have Stockholm Syndrome and cry for the dispensary captor.

You missed the whole point of my post.  "Some will have no where to turn to."  Do you not care?  That Sir was the point!

Who are they to turn to?  Perhaps registered caregivers as the law allows?  Or wait until the law is changed to allow dispensaries?

Dr. Bob

I agree, they should be getting it from their caregivers, but things happen, have you ever heard of catastrophic failure, leo coming in to steal your plants etc? 

Your response seems a little lacking in compassion and understanding doc, I expect  more  understanding, caring and compassion from people in your profession, especially from you as you make your living working with these patients.  Shame on you.

Perhaps it's because I've always lived in the city, but other than an occasional dry spell I don't think I've had any real problem finding cannabis since around 1971.

I agree!  Even in the small towns I've lived in, cannabis was available.

There will always be the underground no matter what laws 'they'

continue to impose upon us.