Happening Now - Drug Teams Searching Five Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

That is what Compassion Clubs were for, I think, but it may be the thrill is gone. How would we inspire people to pick up the mantle of a library meeting these days?

If only...Well, you would first reserve library space, then put a blurb in your local paper a week or two out announcing it. If you build it they will come. Typically that media source will spot it and put a piece out to their readership. If you want to assure that, you will want to get word to one or more of their reporters. Marijuana is a hot topic that sells copy.

Edited by GregS

I think "compassion clubs" were mingled with(in) supply centers, lending loss to their intention(?) maybe.  Other than the exposure I would have a great time at one. I envision a couple hour segment concerning Rosemary extraction, clonal storage, animated suspension, genetic anomalies, anther culture, multi strain grafting. I'd feel silly today with a bandanna mask, but would likely participate. Today's cannabis users differ much from yesterdays users, so I'd seek appropriate age groupings. I grew up believing all users were like minded and enlightened in some way. I was wrong, and would not be interested in any but the ole' hippy groups, sorry kiddos

I think "compassion clubs" were mingled with(in) supply centers, lending loss to their intention(?) maybe.  Other than the exposure I would have a great time at one. I envision a couple hour segment concerning Rosemary extraction, clonal storage, animated suspension, genetic anomalies, anther culture, multi strain grafting. I'd feel silly today with a bandanna mask, but would likely participate. Today's cannabis users differ much from yesterdays users, so I'd seek appropriate age groupings. I grew up believing all users were like minded and enlightened in some way. I was wrong, and would not be interested in any but the ole' hippy groups, sorry kiddos

You get a lot of freaky old folks too. Actually, it was mostly older folks who bent our cc into a dispensary. I can't blame the 'kiddos'.

Old folk vote.

we saw young drug dealer wannabe's. most of the mature patients were very compassionate and were very happy WE could finally grow our own.

That is what this is all about, that is what we voted for.....Home Grows

The dealer wannabes were cocky , arrogant and Gready tax evading criminals....still are.

Protect the Home Grow

Edited by beourbud

Old folk vote.

we saw young drug dealer wannabe's. most of the mature patients were very compassionate and were very happy WE could finally grow our own.

That is what this is all about, that is what we voted for.....Home Grows

The dealer wannabes were cocky , arrogant and Gready tax evading criminals....still are.

Protect the Home Grow

If it wasn't for the good dealers that have been helping folks with cannabis their whole lives, some of us for 30+ years, you wouldn't be posting on a cannabis web site. Why do you think Michigan is a cannabis state? Because of good folks with good cannabis all these years. Be careful who you trod on as you make your way forward. The dealers are the pioneers here in Michigan. Not the dealer wannabes that pretended real quick after the law passed, the ones who have been in it all along, walking the walk.

I can't blame the 'kiddos'.

You are correct sir, for sure. However, age is the very first criteria to make my registry available. I've had issue with all but a few "under 40" patients, yet all of the "over 50" have been really cool to work for. I don't "blame" the kiddos for anything, except educating me in the ways to avoid them in my registry. Interview words like hook up, free cannabis, front, landlord, girlfriend,-- turn me off, and I never heard an over 50 use them during an interview. Age preference will have been my ace choosing patients when I look back. Surely not everyone's experience, but definitely mine.(only since 2008 curiously)

peace

You are correct sir, for sure. However, age is the very first criteria to make my registry available. I've had issue with all but a few "under 40" patients, yet all of the "over 50" have been really cool to work for. I don't "blame" the kiddos for anything, except educating me in the ways to avoid them in my registry. Interview words like hook up, free cannabis, front, landlord, girlfriend,-- turn me off, and I never heard an over 50 use them during an interview. Age preference will have been my ace choosing patients when I look back. Surely not everyone's experience, but definitely mine.(only since 2008 curiously)

peace

The folks that know the score raised their kids up right. Those kids are just as cool as their parents. Very respectful to someone who would take the time to do something great for them even though there are risks involved. They also know when they are being taken advantage of, and expect to get what you deserve then.

Kiddos , they know it all, just ask them they will tell you... there is a reason youth is wasted on the young... dont get me started Edna!! LOL seriously kids today are all about them selves, very few have compassion,  its all personal gain.. not that there is anything wrong with that.. ;) but i gotta say, I also have had issues with the younger patients, and now also stick with the 40+ age group.. 

Edited by Willy

I dont remember any time I didnt have mj in the last 40 yrs, Im a grandpa.  I have never had a problem getting what I needed any where I lived, when I moved it didnt take long to find the right/wrong people where ever I moved to, I would wind up procurring mj from a few new people in new towns and before long I knew all of their biz and they were coming to me instead of the opposite, in small town america where I live now and being legal, I dont care to meet people who can get me what I want, I dont need them, in most cases it was them needing me and I was very picky who I chose to work with, when I was younger I only needed 5 customers, it was them who needed to have traffic at their homes not me.  I lost count how many times I just stopped doing what I was doing because of things I heard or paranoia!  It always worked for me, I would wait, I would watch the people in my chain who didnt quit when I did go to prison or their grave or both!

I realy dont understand how grand parents cant get mj in this day and age, they have had to know some one in their life that used or sold mj, the punks around where I live now sell grms, the day of oz's among young people are pretty much gone, if they purchase an oz they are trying to get their money back and just get some for free!  legalization will never get rid of the black market, you would think it would but no way!  alot of people dont want to be seen in a despense or a c.c meeting because of fear that popo will follow them and bust them! so them folks will either grow or get it from the black market!

In the 80's I was a union laborer, I cant even tell you how many rock bands that came to town that I helped set up stages for with their roadies, them roadies didnt travel from state to state town to town with a whole lot of personal the had connections in every town/city, most of my labor work was in detroit and the surrounding area's, I also was best friends with a guy who built cases for the big bands, and we would deliver it when they came to town, im talking all big famous bands, lol even madonna lol, he would get their orders for cases a week before they came to town and me and him would deliver them on one of the nites they were playing, we went back stage, we stayed back stage untill the next morning most times, (i didnt get to meet a whole lot of rock stars) but we met all of the roadies that traveled with them!

you can let your minds take you thru the rest of my info!

Now im legal I have a great family and im done playing the game, I want to just enjoy the rest of my life and not deal with leo for anything, if they mess with me now im pretty confident I wont have the problems others have had with leo, I stay under my numbers and weight and I dont do things I used to do!  Im very lucky I have never gotten a fellony and im gonna keep it that way, im not only disabled Im retired from the black market, there is not enough money where I live to make me change my mind lol!

I am so far from perfect, I dont have any regrets as far as mmj goes and now Im sure im way past any prosecutions due to time limits!

Peace

many parents suck, obviously. those my age and older had better ones perhaps. Either way, I never had a 50+ show up drunk, or with friends in the car when taking delivery, late, no show etc, yet several of the unders have. the 50+ never got laid off, evicted, divorced, moved, jailed, fired, or otherwise displaced. Of course this only represents the patients who sought me out to register. I can only deduce that those kiddo's who took interest in my services were the types I maybe wouldn't want, while the older ones were exactly the types of patients I would have chosen for my group, in fact, I have. My current group admittedly includes 2 "under 50" patients, and both are super cool dudes with real souls.

My patients find me exclusively online, a very different approach to family, friends and referrals. Several have found me right here. The patient posters here are generally perfect patient registrants in my experience, only ruled out for demographics, not personality.