Inquiry Into The Time Between Application Received And Getting The Physical Card

Hello,

I am wondering about peoples experience receiving your MMMP card recently.

Exactly how long was it from the time you mailed your application, to the time you received the physical card in the mail? 

I know that it is 21 days till your approved, but I am just wondering how long people have been waiting recently to receive the physical card? 

There are gliches that do not get fixed until you call. You could sit there and wait forever if you don't call. There are no 'time out' type of checks like there should be. LARA should have a way to see applications stuck in the system and they do not. We need a watchdog of some sort to fix this.

nearpoint, try this thread also:  

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/43428-renewal-turnaround-time-lately/

I know that it is 21 days till your approved, but I am just wondering how long people have been waiting recently to receive the physical card? 

The law does not state "21 days till approved".  For initial applications, LARA has 15 days in which to review, approve, or deny the application.  If denied, LARA has 5 additional days to mail the denial paper to you via certified mail.  

The general consensus in this forum is that on the 21st day from the date of receipt of the application at LARA, if you have not received denial paperwork, then you have likely been approved and should receive your hard card within 60 days. 

LARA FAQ:

"Question: How long does it take to receive a Medical Marihuana Program (MMP) registry ID 

card? 

Answer: If a patient does not receive a denial letter within 20 business days from the date the MMP receives 
an application, the registry ID card should be received within 60 days. Please allow a full 60 days before 
contacting the MMP if the card is not received." 

"Question: What do I do between the time I sent my application to the MMP and when it is 
approved or denied? 

Answer: Once it has been 20 business days since the date the check or money order has been cashed, (if the 
patient has not received a certified letter of denial from the State) then in most cases, the patient (and if a 
caregiver was designated on the application) has been approved. Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana 
Act and Administrative Rules, the copy of the application is deemed a valid registration card until the card is 
received. The patient (and if a caregiver was designated on the application) should receive their registry ID 
cards within approximately 60 days. 

Please be aware that not all law enforcement will accept a copy of the application and you may consider 
waiting until the registry ID card is received or seek legal counsel before you proceed to obtain medicinal 
marihuana.