Jame's Story

My name is James Rose and I live in southwestern Michigan. I was raided by the state police today. I was in compliance with state law having an enclosed fenced area for outdoor plants. I had 24 outdoor plants within the locked gate system, locked by 2 locks at the gate. I had 32 indoor plants locked with a coded deadbolt lock inside a barn style garage. They took all my outdoor plants because they were saying the top of the fence was not fenced. That violation gave them the right to take everything including the indoor plants that were securely locked. They took all my manufactured and cured cannabis which totaled about 4 ounces. I do not know if I will receive the felonies they listed to me. I will be told via phone.

I have a clean record and have never been to jail. I work with emotional impaired students. I just try to guide them in the right direction instead of the carousel of negativeness. I work at a school as an outreach worker that will now probably be taken away from me, regardless of the outcome, because of the slander that will peruse. I'm a special Olympics coach for the basketball team at the school that I've work at for several years. I also volunteer my time as a chaperone for the Special Olympics track team. I have a wife and two beautiful little girls.

I am trying my best to deal with this situation but I need help. I need support for a push in the right direction with the Michigan law. If anyone can give me advice or help please let me know. I don't have enough money to fight this in court. Most lawyers want more than I have to even discuss the situation.

I'm asking for compassion and understanding. LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

give Dan Grow a call, he deals with those folks all the time.  

Daniel W. Grow, PLLC
800 Ship Street Suite 110
Saint Joseph, MI 49085

www.targowskigrow.com

Phone: 269-519-8222

alternatively you can call Mike Komorn, another excellent attorney out of the Detroit area.

sounds like you are going to need to do a section 8 defense.  you will need to discuss with a lawyer, but in the meantime, gather your patient records, and start figuring how to justify every plant.  depending on the height of the fence for the outdoor grows, you might be able to overcome the lack of a top.  You will need to get together the patient's doctors, at least a list of them, and the patient's conditions.  The more paperwork you can get together before you meet with an attorney the better.

Dr. Bob

I feel for you several months ago i had an incident in wi less than a quart but in several bags.  Charged with 2 felonies low ones 3 yr max 10k max fines and 3 mistas.  So far its cost me 10k and if we go to trail you can double that with no fines yet.  Good news is i just got drove 10 hours to say not guilty had a talk with my attorney and he thinks we can beat the felonies at trail based on case law and the merits.  Any one else out there with an outdoor grow please put a lid on it.  Yes i know you believe that a roof is not called for in the law but its just not worth the hassle.  Did the storm troopers leave you equipment?  I hope so good luck hang in there your just getting started on a roller coaster ride.

Thanks for all the advice and concern. I've contacted several lawyers/attorneys about the situation including the one suggested. I will keep you updated. Thanks for the support!!

In spite of all this is anyone attending the cannabis cup in Michigan here soon. Hoping to spread my story for anyone who will listen.

It doesn't state in the law that it needs a top structure but I can see how they are going to say that it really isn't secure when you can just hop over the fence. I would suggest that it should have a top to completely enclose it as the fence and lock on it are useless if they can just go over the side.

It doesn't state in the law that it needs a top structure but I can see how they are going to say that it really isn't secure when you can just hop over the fence. I would suggest that it should have a top to completely enclose it as the fence and lock on it are useless if they can just go over the side.

The laws says all sides except a bottom. To me, that says it needs a top.

Going to see Dan Grow today. Keep me in your thoughts. Looking for someone who will fight this to the end with me. Here is the law on outdoor that I found which is clearly in the grey area because it's not defined properly enough. It says all sides excluding the bottom. The top is not a side is it? If it is why is it not clearly explained? I'm being raped by the law.

Going to see Dan Grow today. Keep me in your thoughts. Looking for someone who will fight this to the end with me. Here is the law on outdoor that I found which is clearly in the grey area because it's not defined properly enough. It says all sides excluding the bottom. The top is not a side is it? If it is why is it not clearly explained? I'm being raped by the law.

dont worry, you are protected under sec8. just dont take a plea.

Ask Kingpinn

Ask Kingpinn. He knows better than anyone else.

All sides except a bottom is clear to me. I don't have to ask anyone. If it didn't say 'except a bottom' I might think it didn't need a top. It's clear to me they are talking 6 sides when they mention the bottom. People can get confused though.....

The laws says all sides except a bottom. To me, that says it needs a top.

Definition of a side;

side
sīd/
noun

1. 1.
    a position to the left or right of an object, place, or central point.
    "a town on the other side of the river"
    •  

•  

•  

•  

2. 2.
    an upright or sloping surface of a structure or object that is not the top or bottom and generally not the front or back.
    "a car crashed into the side of the house"

I guess this definition is incorrect right?

Thank you for standing up for us all and fighting the good fight Mr. Grow is one of the best Lawyers  and i agree you are being raped but not by the Law by the Courts and Leo the Law 1 of 08 was one of the best pieces ever written 

All sides except a bottom is clear to me. I don't have to ask anyone. If it didn't say 'except a bottom' I might think it didn't need a top. It's clear to me they are talking 6 sides when they mention the bottom. People can get confused though.....

i agree people do get confused and thats how Leo wants it to be 

Never talk to the police never open your door

My name is James Rose and I live in southwestern Michigan. I was raided by the state police today. I was in compliance with state law having an enclosed fenced area for outdoor plants. I had 24 outdoor plants within the locked gate system, locked by 2 locks at the gate. I had 32 indoor plants locked with a coded deadbolt lock inside a barn style garage. They took all my outdoor plants because they were saying the top of the fence was not fenced. That violation gave them the right to take everything including the indoor plants that were securely locked. They took all my manufactured and cured cannabis which totaled about 4 ounces. I do not know if I will receive the felonies they listed to me. I will be told via phone.

I have a clean record and have never been to jail. I work with emotional impaired students. I just try to guide them in the right direction instead of the carousel of negativeness. I work at a school as an outreach worker that will now probably be taken away from me, regardless of the outcome, because of the slander that will peruse. I'm a special Olympics coach for the basketball team at the school that I've work at for several years. I also volunteer my time as a chaperone for the Special Olympics track team. I have a wife and two beautiful little girls.

I am trying my best to deal with this situation but I need help. I need support for a push in the right direction with the Michigan law. If anyone can give me advice or help please let me know. I don't have enough money to fight this in court. Most lawyers want more than I have to even discuss the situation.

I'm asking for compassion and understanding. LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Did they have a warrant ? or did you let them into your home ?

Edited by bobandtorey