Looking For A Good Salve Recipe =)

So here's the thing, I want a good salve recipe, preferably the most effective one that one of you good folk have made. I want to start producing this salve using my roots, trim, etc for a family member who is having some physical pain troubles, mostly due to arthritis and foot surgeries. so I don't care how labor intensive it is, hit me with it.

I realize that there are a few salve recipes on the board but I'm not certain as to which one is the most effective in your points of view, I'd really just like some input here.

Thanks =)

Good to know. The person in question for whom the salve is for is in her mid 60's and has never once ingested (in any way) marijuana. She was what one may have called a "goody girl" in her day, but she's my gam so I'd do anything for her.

I plan on producing the oil itself by using Wild Bills' method here on the board, utilizing small popcorn buds, trimmings, and the root masses and the following the rest of his tutorial to produce the salve itself with the beeswax. 

I wont lie though, I have ever had the opportunity to work with topicals, so I may be slightly skeptical as to their effectiveness...

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

I wont lie though, I have ever had the opportunity to work with topicals, so I may be slightly skeptical as to their effectiveness...

Be skeptical but keep an open mind.

I made root infused coconut oil fully expecting it to not work, I was wrong. It is great, all by itself, at knocking down arthritis pain for a few hours.

Now I use root infused coconut oil as the base for another balm with many synergistic ingredients, together they work better than anything else I've tried.

"A cancer fighting topical oil", is how the other balm recipe was titled.

It existed on another site that vanished a month or so ago.

Pb, who used to be around here is the originater of the recipe I believe.

This balm is fantastic and has reduced my smoking and oral intak by at least fifty percent while leaving me way closer to pain free overall.

I will be tracking down my printed copy and making a batch this week, I will put the recipe in this thread as soon as I relocate it.

It works and smells nice too.

Very good find Bill, and great suggestion with the tubes Wood,

if you ever find that recipe please be sure to post it! I'll be making my first harvest in the next couple of weeks hopefully so I plan on attempting to make the balm as soon as I possibly can

-Edit- Note here:  I will be dedicating a plant or two to high cbd strains, strains that will be completely in their entirety put into the production of the oil for these balms; if they turn out well. These plants will be grown in deep water culture using organic methods so that their root masses are of the best available quality (short of my soil plants of course!). I am aware that using organics in these systems can be difficult, but I find that this venture is well worth it and the effort.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

The best I've used or made has been with ten grams of concrete extraction to the 3.5oz of Icy Hot container, heated till infused/160f. I pack mine in chapstick containers for the win also.

Is this done in a double boiler or something else? I'm interested in attempting making that infusion at some point =)

Might wanna try some grape seed oil in the mix to. aids in penetration.

There is a small amount that came with the sandalwood.

A couple of the other ingredients also help with absorption.

Grape seed oil is one of the hardening oils, like tung and walnut oils, too much might leave a noticeable residue.

Edited by I wood