Natural Decarbing Oil - Better Than Ricks Rso For Medicine

I just shared this on FB. I think Ricks methods have been beaten by mother nature and time. I don't know what exactly it should be called, I suppose ND (naturally decarbed) SAP? Whatever you think, but either way, it is awesome!

Screw the rice cooker, oven, and other sources of heat, they are degrading and damaging in my opinion.

RSO is great and has served me well, but I believe I have found a better method of making oil for treating illness. I am sure it is much more medicinal and I know it provides a preferred buzz (medicated feeling) at least in my opinion.

When you harvest you don’t throw your buds right into the oven to quick dry them so you can start enjoying immediately right? Of course not, that would be degrading your medicine. I feel the same way about making oil.

There is no need to apply any heat whatsoever, it only causes damage to the end product (oil). I have verified this. Not with tests, but with consumption. I have been working with the same strains for many years so when there is a difference, I notice it.

I made a sap like QWISO/QWET hash. I wasn’t able to consume it within 90 days. I was using it for vaporizing. After I made the oil, every couple of weeks or so I would eat a dose just to see if it gave me a buzz. After about 90 days, all of a sudden it was fully decarbed and had taste to it. The buzz is superior to RSO in my opinion it offers a more clean comfortable feeling. One pea size dose and I am totally baked for 5 hours and feel the effects for 24 hours. A better, higher, harmonic head buzz with awesome visual effects. I have never had this effect from oil. I like it, it is the whoop. Keep your QWET or whatnot like a sap and store it in syringes for 90 days in a dark place and give it a try. With no heat, all the terpines and other goodies are in there. I only dry it with a fan, no heat at all. Simply pour the solvent into a pyrex baking dish and evaporate the alcohol off with a fan blowing across the pan. 

Just wanted to pass this along, you may want to give it a try. You can make very small batches if you wish. You can simply start off using ¼ ounce of bud or an ounce, it doesn’t make a difference. Just make sure you date it.

I consider this oil a naturally decarbed sap. It is important to keep it in a sap state so you will keep all the terpines and CBDs. The buzz effects are the best I have had.

This is a first impression. It has been 5 days of taking the naturally decarbed oil.

I wish I could have it tested side by side to my RSO. I used the exact same method of washing in solvent. The only difference is I use a fan to help the evaporation, no heat whatsoever. I prefer 190 proof or higher organic or grain alcohol. I believe this helps the oil to stay in a sap state and dissolves almost instantly in your mouth.  It can also be made with 99% isopropyl alcohol or whatnot. I prefer the safer grain alcohol. (I don’t mind a little grain alcohol being left behind).

At the very least it is a great alternative for people who do not have access to a large quantity of buds or simply cannot afford a large quantity of buds or people that are not comfortable having to boil off the solvent outside. Yes you have to wait at least 90 days for it to decarb, but if you need to you can decarb a small amount for immediate use by simply heating it in a rice cooker, frying pan, double boiler set up, etc. It will get you by until the main batch has naturally decarbed.

I will be discussing more about this oil on my blog. After trying it, that is what I will probably be taking from now on (the rest of my life).

I love RSO, but I am definitely preferring fully naturally (no heat) decarbed oil

Peace and God bless

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1098-rso-qwiso-concentrates-by-grow-goddess/#commentsStart

honestly, I thought that's the way you always did it. lol

I do this too, but just because that's the way it works out for me. I don't consume it though,

but now, because of this info I'm going to eat a dab, maybe today, of my 90 day stored grease.

thanks for this, I always figured eating the oil was just not for me, I hope this offers a finer experience. I envy those dosing this way successfully.

honestly, I thought that's the way you always did it. lol

I do this too, but just because that's the way it works out for me. I don't consume it though,

but now, because of this info I'm going to eat a dab, maybe today, of my 90 day stored grease.

thanks for this, I always figured eating the oil was just not for me, I hope this offers a finer experience. I envy those dosing this way successfully.

Please let us know. I cannot speak for BHO, but I don't see why it should be any different. Maybe with shatter that is completely 'dried' and hard, well, maybe the properties will cause it to not transform, and decarb?  

This is a recent discovery for me with my oil.

I notice you say you have "grease". I hope it does offer the same effects in which I have received.

If anybody out there has 90 day shatter, please let us know if it offers any effects eating it. Let me put out a WARNING, anybody that is not accustomed to eating it, start off small.

One decent drop kept me medicated for 24 hours.

Looking forward to hearing back.

That is how you thought I always did it? I have always made RSO which is a process that decarbs the product with a rice cooker (heat). I haven't made RSO for over a year. I have been making QWISO and just fan drying (evaporating) and using it to vaporize my e-cannabis. So I am not sure which method you are referring to, RSO or QWISO.

I ate 1/4 gram of100 day old extract. Its consistency was that of grease, not shatter. It's not sealed, but is stored in the dark with a loose cover. This is near the same consistency as the first day of  extraction, but darker. Never heated or frozen. The effect is much more the type I desire, and better for me than a nibble of the fresh. Interestingly smoking/vaporizing either tastes the same and share the same effects for me/us. 

edit 4 Thanks again for sharing this. I may have given up on eating oil all together if you didn't!

Edited by grassmatch

I don't mind waiting grassmatch if you don't! :)

Who knows, maybe if your 100 day BHO were sealed and intended for this purpose, it may be a far more enjoyable medicated feeling, last longer, and be more potent.

I am still baffled on how long the effects are lasting. I took a very small dose early yesterday and still feel some effects. Seems to stay in my system longer than RSO. I can say that now that I have been sampling it for a week.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome information !!  I was wondering if you or anyone have advice for me,  I had made some bho for consumption and in 4 days my chronic nerve pain had melted away after suffering for 8 years, I used a vacuum chamber but i no longer have it, I plan on trying this decarbing but in the mean time i have run out of oil now for a couple weeks and was wondering what would be the best way for me to prossess a couple ounces to get me by for a while?  My pain has still been in check for the most part but i am starting to get real nervice with out it..  Any advice would be greatly appretiated.

thank you.

Edited by Genco710

Aren't you essentially describing making an Absolute? Although perhaps I am missing something as I was under the impression that removed some of the terpenes responsible for flavor.

Terpenes are volatile hydrocarbons that can and do evaporate during processing. I guess it is a matter of finding the means to diminish that as best we can. Closed loop systems seem to me to be the best method. In any event there is still good potency irregardless the method. It's allllll good.

was wondering what would be the best way for me to prossess a couple ounces to get me by for a while?

heres GG's old instructions using heat. i'd say just do it this way but use no heat, just a fan to let the alcohol evaporate.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1098-rso-qwiso-qwet-and-naturally-decarbed-sap-concentrates-by-grow-goddess/

I have used the method similarly in that I used no heat source except the sun. Putting it in direct sunlight on  a warm day, especially with a gentle to moderate breeze, works great.

Doesn't direct sunlight breakdown the cannabinoids?  I believe that I have seen information to that effect.

gg I already have bho, what would  you use to thin it enough to use in an e-cig, Im trying to mix it with the liquid tobaco now, I was also thiinking maybe in a small jar take some nice budd, grind it up, put it in t-bags and do a small amount of tincture in grain alcohol 180 proof!

Im pretty sure the tincture will be close to the consistancy of the e juice, but the oil is seperating from the e juice as we speak, I didnt try to thin a whole lot so no biggie,

What would You or any one else recemend as far as thinning the bho or making the tincture?

Peace