Natural Decarbing Oil - Better Than Ricks Rso For Medicine

gg I already have bho, what would  you use to thin it enough to use in an e-cig, Im trying to mix it with the liquid tobaco now, I was also thiinking maybe in a small jar take some nice budd, grind it up, put it in t-bags and do a small amount of tincture in grain alcohol 180 proof!

Im pretty sure the tincture will be close to the consistancy of the e juice, but the oil is seperating from the e juice as we speak, I didnt try to thin a whole lot so no biggie,

What would You or any one else recemend as far as thinning the bho or making the tincture?

Peace

Depending on what you are using to vape. You could use PG USP or PEG400 NF USP  with a drop or two of some NF Organic flavor.

If separation is a problem, I recommend not to use any "e-juice" that has VG in it. Just straight PG USP or PEG400 NF USP.

HJ mentioned he does not care for the sweet flavor the PG USP gives. I have found that with different clearomizers the taste is different. For instance, when I use an iClear30, I don't get the flavors of the PG USP, only get the flavor of the strain. I  must add though, that is with my RSO or QWISO. I have not tried it with BHO.

Hope this helps.

Thank You.

Your always helpful :bong2:

What do you think of just a straight up tincture to use in my e-cig, I dont know alot about them yet. but mine is from smoktech! it has a dual chambers thats all I know,,,any how it works real nice for trying to quit smoking, rechargable battery blah blah,,,tincture made with some nice budds and ever clear 180 proof, would seem to be the consistency of the ejuice? no, yea?

do you think it would work as medication in an e-cig with just the tincture,

Also Im thinking I could thin some oil down with that tincture, what say you?

Peace

I have vaporized various substances including essential oils and alcohol. If a tincture is made with alcohol I can attest to its

effectiveness, with or without the cannabis within, lol. An alcohol tincture seems like it would enjoy being inside of a modern vape pen, but I do not want to speak on the safety of such a wrig or the use with a pen style vape. Tincture is possibly highly flammable. Should prove interesting to hear of the experience here soon. GG ...?

Thank You.

Your always helpful :bong2:

What do you think of just a straight up tincture to use in my e-cig, I dont know alot about them yet. but mine is from smoktech! it has a dual chambers thats all I know,,,any how it works real nice for trying to quit smoking, rechargable battery blah blah,,,tincture made with some nice budds and ever clear 180 proof, would seem to be the consistency of the ejuice? no, yea?

do you think it would work as medication in an e-cig with just the tincture,

Also Im thinking I could thin some oil down with that tincture, what say you?

Peace

I have tried using only grain alcohol and concentrate once. The grain alcohol was added to the concentrate until the consistency was like motor oil. Then I could get it into the vaporizer. I only tried this with one type of clearomizer. It worked okay at first, then it did fail, as in flooding over up through the mouthpiece. I never really tried it again, but may be worth trying.

I am not familiar with the unit you have, but either way, you don't want too much alcohol in there. You always want as much concentrate as possible so you can get medicated easily, otherwise the mixture will be too weak.

BHO is a different game based upon feedback I have received from others. With my QWISO and RSO I have only needed to add about 30% whether it be grain alcohol (190 proof), PG USP, or PEG400 NF USP. The BHO people reporting back, at least most, were diluting 70% and sometimes more. I think they may have been using shatter though, but I really don't know.

Just be extra safe trying the alcohol, you don't want to cause any mini explosions now! Especially in your face!

With different mixtures, and different additives will vary quite a bit depending upon what you are using to vape with. For example: An AeroTank with the SVD works great with QWISO, but it may not work as well with a BHO mixture. There are just so many variables to consider.

Do some small sample test runs so you are not wasting too much product. A nice thing about using grain alcohol is you can thin it or allow it to evaporate out to thicken it.

The PEG400 NF USP, the only bad thing I can say about it is it does give a bad taste. Adding some NF Organic flavorings does help. Also, as far as I have learned so far, the concentrate mixed with the PEG400 NF USP does not separate, it stays infused really well. The NF Organic flavorings I get from High Desert Vapes are pretty much alcohol based so you would not want to use too much. Pretty much any alcohol based essential oil could be used to dilute the concentrate.

Look these flavors over, I can't wait to try some new ones. https://highdesertvapes.com/categories/DIY/DIY-Flavors/NF-Organic/

Hope this helps more than confuses!

Please be sure to share your results with us.

heres GG's old instructions using heat. i'd say just do it this way but use no heat, just a fan to let the alcohol evaporate.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1098-rso-qwiso-qwet-and-naturally-decarbed-sap-concentrates-by-grow-goddess/

well i plan on using a rice cooker for this round, The one i have is a aluminum ... any problems with using this kind ??

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

maybe this is useful.

http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16647.shtml?ID=16647

Stability of Cannabis sativa L. samples and their extracts, on prolonged storage in Delhi

Abstract

The percentage rate of change into cannabinoids (Cannabidiol [CBD], tetra-hydrocannabinol [THC] and cannabinol [CBN]) was higher in cannabis samples than in the extracts. This is probably due to the decomposition of acids into corresponding neutral cannabinoids under the conditions of storage. Previous claims that CBD content in plant material is relatively constant are not substantiated by our results. There was a 1.0-2.5-fold increase in CBD content in plant material compared with the extracts. However, the fact that there was no appreciable increase in CBD/CBN content in the stored extracts of the same samples supports the view that the step-wise extraction does not bring the acids into the final extract. Pure ? 9THC decomposed at a rate of 41 per cent per year under tropical storage conditions. The ? 9 THC content decreased in the samples and equally in the extracts though 100 per cent conversion of THC to CBN does not take place. The higher CBN content found in extracts than that expected by the conversion THC to CBN is a result of metabolic conversion.

... and any essential oil for that matter. Putting a few drops in a bottle of alcohol and calling it perfume is different than inhaling drops at a time into your lung tissue, instantly hitting the blood stream. Some essential oils are downright hurtful when they are put directly on the skin even. peg works well, but scares me, so I avoid it. many of the pen vape nico's use it, but I suspect they will regret it soon.

... and any essential oil for that matter. Putting a few drops in a bottle of alcohol and calling it perfume is different than inhaling drops at a time into your lung tissue, instantly hitting the blood stream. Some essential oils are downright hurtful when they are put directly on the skin even. peg works well, but scares me, so I avoid it. many of the pen vape nico's use it, but I suspect they will regret it soon.

USP Propylene glycol has been inhaled safely for decades. It's been a component of asthma inhalers since mid last century.

PEG400, otoh, I don't know much about. Been meaning to look into it, as it seems to be getting more popular for making cannabis e juice.

• 2 weeks later...

With PEG400 you can get it USP that basically means our government approves of it, not necessarily fully safe, our government approves many dangerous chemicals. For example: PG USP is highly regulated in other countries and in some just illegal I believe. PEG400 can be NF/USP rated, by far the most safe. NF gives me more assurance than simply USP. NF is nationally approved. You need to make sure it is PEG400 NF/USP, it is available both ways.

The only 2 downsides is the PEG400 NF/USP is thick like VG and it doesn't taste good so it does need some flavoring added. The flavoring does mask the bad taste. Good side is it infused awesome with concentrates. A lot also depends on the clearomizer being used. I like all of the AeroTank clearomizers for my PEG400 NF/USP mixtures. They seem to handle the thicker mixtures quite well.

USP Propylene glycol has been inhaled safely for decades.

Margarine, hydrogenated oils, PBB, DDT, and other chems have also been used safely for long periods of time, until they were found not to be safe, for thought. Seems weird (to me) to make the effort it takes to produce clean organic medicine only to adulterate it with some man made chemical to facilitate inhalation. I suspect one day the use of this synthetic chemical will also be revealed, if not already in some countries. MSDS sheets are available.

It doesn't just thin out cannabis oil, but opens tissue to allow an osmotic transfer of molecules too large to normally enter the blood stream this way... whatever is mixed with it. Maybe that seems sensible with cannabis compounds? maybe. I know that at least one manufacturer is using pure terpenoids to adjust viscosity of extractions for the same reasons. that seems to be a better alternative, especially considering the terpene itself can actually be already present in cannabis profiles. imo

an information article

NaturalNews) Mention Propylene Glycol (PG) to most people and they will probably tell you that it is a toxin. On the other hand, PG comes in more than one formulation, so it needs to be clarified as to which formulation is meant.

The real question is, does it make a difference which one is used, since it is used in everything from

hydraulic and brake fluid to snack foods?

The answer is: it does and it doesn't. It is a toxin regardless of which strength is used. Propylene Glycol is a form of mineral oil, an alcohol produced by fermentation of yeast and carbohydrates. This gives it the designation of carbohydrate when used in foods.

Because it comes in several grades, PG has been used for a variety of uses. Industrial grade PG is used as an active ingredient in engine coolants and antifreeze; airplane de-icers; polyurethane cushions; paints, enamels and varnishes; and in many products as a solvent or surfactant. In all fairness, it should be stated that PG was only added to anti-freeze to replace Ethylene Glycol. It had been a problem because dogs often lap up puddles of anti-freeze.

The form most pertinent to this article is the pharmaceutical grade. This is a much less concentrated form of PG and therefore less problematic. That being stated, it is also the controversial form due to its use in products that are either ingested or enter the body through application to the skin. It is commonly used as a solvent in oral, topical and injectable drug products as well as in foods.

Though the controversy over PG wages on, it is not for lack of research. In fact many studies have been conducted, but results have been contradictory. Possibly this is because the concentration of PG in the formulation studied is not always readily apparent. Regardless, the government agencies involved have deemed it safe: The FDA includes Pharmaceutical grade PG on its Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) list. The World Health Organization also considers it as safe for use.

Studies on dogs and rats, which were fed doses of PG ranging from two to five grams per kg of body weight per day, showed no links to cancer. The results satisfied the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert Panel enough to conclude that there was no carcinogenic risk with low levels of ingestion of PG. A low level of PG was defined, and as a result, the panel recommended that only PG with a concentration less than 50% should be used in cosmetics.

Though cancer might not be a concern, it was also found that PG provoked allergic reactions in patients with eczema and other skin allergies, even in formulations of much less than 50%.

The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) cites skin, liver and kidney damage that can result from contact with PG, and it gives safe handling instructions, calling it a hazardous substance. Though not specified, this is for the more concentrated industrial grade.

On the other hand, studies done in vitro tests on mammalian cells revealed that some cells underwent

mutation. Other research conducted twenty and thirty years ago documented toxic effects after repeated small doses of propylene glycol were ingested or repeatedly applied to the skin. Acute toxicity was found to follow I.V. injection of drugs dissolved in significant amounts of PG.

In Europe, where the authorities are much more cautious about what is allowable in cosmetics and foods, propylene glycol is limited to mostly non-food uses. What food uses are allowed are very limited.

Adding 'stuff' like things that taste bad just to accommodate an e cig method of ingestion, and then adding things to mask that, has gone far beyond where we need to be with medical cannabis. Someone made a wrong turn somewhere and needs to backtrack to a place where cannabis is pure cannabis again and start over with methodology. The prize is not worth the cost IMO.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but false assumptions is going too far. The negativity is going too far.

Let's get the facts straight. The alternative method of simply smoking a joint, produces hundreds of chemicals including cancer causing carcinogens.

My method, using PEG400 NF/USP is only one chemical, there are no cancer causing anything. The flavoring can be considered essential oils, 100% organic natural plant extract. The fact is one chemical, PEG400 NF/USP. I don't consider organic plant extracts as chemicals, especially NF Organic extracts. Considering I used grain alcohol as a solvent and no combustion is applied.

Sorry, but I will take my method and steer away from the cancer causing carcinogens. I think it is nice to be able to use one cannabis extract and have the option to choose from over 50 different organic extracts for added flavor. 

Then again, to each his own :D

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but false assumptions is going too far. The negativity is going too far.

Let's get the facts straight. The alternative method of simply smoking a joint, produces hundreds of chemicals including cancer causing carcinogens.

My method, using PEG400 NF/USP is only one chemical, there are no cancer causing anything. The flavoring can be considered essential oils, 100% organic natural plant extract. The fact is one chemical, PEG400 NF/USP. I don't consider organic plant extracts as chemicals, especially NF Organic extracts. Considering I used grain alcohol as a solvent and no combustion is applied.

Sorry, but I will take my method and steer away from the cancer causing carcinogens. I think it is nice to be able to use one cannabis extract and have the option to choose from over 50 different organic extracts for added flavor. 

Then again, to each his own :D

There are a lot of methods of ingesting cannabis other than 'smoking a joint'. As far as 'your' facts go, no one has proven smoking a joint causes cancer. NO ONE. It's not the same as smoking a cigarette. Not even close.

I don't understand. People are whining about my method and there is only one chemical being used, which is considered safe nationally. While those whiner babies are complaining about the chemical that is considered safe, why are they using chemicals that are considered poisonous nationally. I don't use any of those chemicals any more. For instance, chemicals used in hydroponic grows, 99% isopropyl alcohol, and butane. I can't imagine why someone would choose to use butane for an extract and still need to use alcohol to purge the remaining poisons out.

Instead of being so concerned with my safer methods, maybe the focus should be on the methods that are considered unsafe.

Carcinogens have been proven to cause cancer, even those from grilling meat.

I don't understand. People are whining about my method and there is only one chemical being used, which is considered safe nationally. While those whiner babies are complaining about the chemical that is considered safe, why are they using chemicals that are considered poisonous nationally. I don't use any of those chemicals any more. For instance, chemicals used in hydroponic grows, 99% isopropyl alcohol, and butane. I can't imagine why someone would choose to use butane for an extract and still need to use alcohol to purge the remaining poisons out.

Instead of being so concerned with my safer methods, maybe the focus should be on the methods that are considered unsafe.

Carcinogens have been proven to cause cancer, even those from grilling meat.

I can't speak for the whiner babies.. lol. The cannabis oil I make, use, and give to the medical people I know, is 100% cannabis oil, without anything added at all. Get that straight. Any time I use a solvent it's one I can be sure is gone because I know the chemical properties. We have already outlined that aspect for you many times. No sense in tossing crap around that will not stick, like picking on that nice juicy grilled steak I'm going to eat later on today. All in moderation, eat some fresh fruit and vegies with it to even things out. It's a great time of year for that. Edited by Restorium2

So you don't add anything to your oil, what about the stuff left behind? Still haven't seen any pictures of you oil here. Feel free to post some. I know pictures don't tell the whole story, but still.

You can't speak for the whiners, how about speaking of the trolling? This thread is about 100% naturally decarbed organic oil, no additives, no harsh solvents like others use, and I have in the past. ND Sap is the the cleanest, most safe oil I have ever had. That is what this thread is about.

I consider it trolling when one focuses on issues that have nothing to do with the original topic. The only reason additives even came up is someone asked a question, and I did my best to answer it. It should have ended there and returned to the original topic.

I feel harassed, once again, and feel that once again a thread has been trolled upon. Anything to do with oil, Resto you seem to have the need to complain, whine, and accuse.

No offense, but what I see here is a sick obsession.

Because of this type of crap I have to put up with is pretty much why I have not been posting as much on the forums for quite some time now. Luckily there is the option to blog. Just broke 100,000 views, hooray!

Again Resto, you sucked me into arguing. Shame on you. Again, like in the past, I have nothing further to say here, and that is just too bad.

So you don't add anything to your oil, what about the stuff left behind? Still haven't seen any pictures of you oil here. Feel free to post some. I know pictures don't tell the whole story, but still.

You can't speak for the whiners, how about speaking of the trolling? This thread is about 100% naturally decarbed organic oil, no additives, no harsh solvents like others use, and I have in the past. ND Sap is the the cleanest, most safe oil I have ever had. That is what this thread is about.

I consider it trolling when one focuses on issues that have nothing to do with the original topic. The only reason additives even came up is someone asked a question, and I did my best to answer it. It should have ended there and returned to the original topic.

I feel harassed, once again, and feel that once again a thread has been trolled upon. Anything to do with oil, Resto you seem to have the need to complain, whine, and accuse.

No offense, but what I see here is a sick obsession.

Because of this type of crap I have to put up with is pretty much why I have not been posting as much on the forums for quite some time now. Luckily there is the option to blog. Just broke 100,000 views, hooray!

Again Resto, you sucked me into arguing. Shame on you. Again, like in the past, I have nothing further to say here, and that is just too bad.

As far as my comment, it fits with the other comments posted before it. Not hard to see that. That didn't stick either GG. Keep tossing if thst's what is floating your boat today.

I stated my opinion that adding something that tastes bad, then adding something else to hide that bad taste is aweful for medical cannabis. It totally sucks arse. Good for e cig but bad for medicine. I was hoping you would see that and find a better way. I can see the attempt failed miserably. I tried. Keep tossing crap at the messenger.

GG tossing,
"So you don't add anything to your oil, what about the stuff left behind? Still haven't seen any pictures of you oil here. Feel free to post some. I know pictures don't tell the whole story, but still."

Like I told you before and you forgot; I posted a tutorial here with step by step instructions with pics BUT it has dissapeared with about 10,000 other posts I made here before you were a member. I just don't feel like doing it all over again.... yet.

Thanks NL.

To set the record straight, I did not ask you to repost your tutorial Resto, I requested to see a picture of your oil that contains no additives.

Like this one, not quite fully naturally decarbed, needs another month or two, no additives:

1oz SBC 192 proof solvent 8 16 14 012

SBC QWET Low grade finished 8 16 14 043

SBC QWET 8 16 14 044

Here is some with NF organic banana nut flavoring. E-Cannabis oil, yes with additives. I prefer it with additives to aid in the vaporizing vs. vaping it straight. I do like it both ways, just prefer the e-cannabis. More tasty and easier on the lungs. Hitting on my banana nut vape oil right now as a matter of fact.

E cannabis mixture QWET with PEG400 8 12 14 036

AeroTankMini QWET with banana Nut flavor 8 12 14 033

Don't worry Resto, I understand LOL! :P

genuine badass

haters admire

Edited by GrowGoddess