Patient Is Not Being Patient.

pidge28

I am a fairly new caregiver, my most recent patient is not being very understanding. When she became my patient, I had overages and offered her the same deal as my other patients, a quarter a week, no charge. Well, I have hit a lull, having issues with low producing plants, etc. I informed her that my plan was to basically start over. Put just about all of my plants into bloom together, so I would for the time being, not be harvesting every week. And at the end of the eight weeks, she would be entitled to two ounces. She finds this unacceptable, she insists on a quarter a week, she refuses to bear with me for eight weeks. I started giving her a quarter a week from legal date, didn't make her wait until 'her' plants were ready. I offered to find her a new caregiver to take care of her. She os now threatening to call Lansing amd have me inspected (no biggie, I'm within my numbers, locked, etc) and take legal action because of a 'breach of contract' We have no written contract, and isn't it stated that patients owe their caregivers reimbursement for growing their plants? I have asked nothing of her, literally she just gets free meds every week. Any advice?

In my opinion, you should drop this patient. Throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to "go tell mom" is really a bit uncalled for here. It isn't required of you to GIVE your patients free medications, make darn sure she knows  that she was lucky to get you as a cg in the first place. Often when a cg is willing to give their patients free meds, there is something fishy going on, but not always is this the case as there are indeed helpful cgs'.

again though, drop her. done and done. 

Drop this patient immediately would be my suggestion. There is not inspections or even a process for her to get an inspection done. The one thing this patient can do is try to cause trouble for you with the law and that is unacceptable. If she doesnt do it this time she will at some point. DROP THAT PATIENT and as others have stated let her know that she had it more than good. She will have a hard time finding a caregiver that will give her meds to her. Good luck

maybe not fishy, but often troublesome.

send in a change form to remove yourself as caregiver. Inform her in an email of he change. get a new email.

On another note, I am still trying to figure out to pay the electric bill while five ounce a month patients never pay for their supply. can you help us with that one?

maybe not fishy, but often troublesome.

send in a change form to remove yourself as caregiver. Inform her in an email of he change. get a new email.

On another note, I am still trying to figure out to pay the electric bill while five ounce a month patients never pay for their supply. can you help us with that one?

If you give it freely, nothing, if they are in arrears,, big guy with a stick :) JK  or drop them.,, you can't get money from a turnip :). or apparently MMJ either   LOL

Edited by Willy

Electric bills and nutrients get paid for by my overages and clones, they get sold (donated?) to dispensaries or other caregivers in-between harvests, plus the paycheck from the real job. After perusing through this forum, seems like I'm one of the few lucky ones in that aspect.

Mine is covered by my patients, if not i would have to quit, disability is rather puny ,, food can be an issue,, so no funds for remuneration no electric, mean no grow,, everytime i get stiffed by a patient, i turn off a light.. so far only two hve had to be turned off.. but hey,, no money no funny.. I remeber the old adage  butt, gas, or cash, no body rides for free.. free patients understand this, and do donate to the electric bill.. at least mine do...  

Electric bills and nutrients get paid for by my overages and clones, they get sold (donated?) to dispensaries or other caregivers in-between harvests, plus the paycheck from the real job. After perusing through this forum, seems like I'm one of the few lucky ones in that aspect.

thats not lucky, its not legal either. im not hating im telling you the truth. you are not luckier than i, you take giant stupid risks with your freedom im not willing to do. thats not lucky, some might say you are unlucky, it just hasnt caught up to you yet.

I agree. Drop her. You owe her no explanation as to why, but you might try. "I must cut back on my number of patients due to a bad harvest, and you were the last one I took on, so sorry."

Forget about emailing her, send her a registered letter with CC to LARA. That way she has no recourse to try and get you in any trouble. If police come to your door, show them a copy of your letter. DO NOT LET THEM IN, EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% LEGAL UNLESS THEY HAVE A WARRANT!!! I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. ESPECIALLY IF YOU RESIDE IN OAKLAND COUNTY. i DON'T CARE IF THE POLICE ARE YOUR COUSINS! The letter can get them to understand that sour grapes(not weed) are to blame here. 

NO WARRANT, NO ENTRY!!!

Edited by Joel

"She os now threatening to call Lansing amd have me inspected"

Dump her now and don't look back..  :)

JMO

I agree, but there is another option for the OP, maybe.

Is it possible for you to acquire an ounce or two for this patient and get them to agree that you will no longer be their caregiver and cut the card? It may be worth the loss. All they would have to do is file a change form to remove the caregiver. Then they would no longer have a card with your name on it.

Maybe then they will not feel that you "owe" them having provided them an ounce or two.

Heck, 1/4 ounce per week free is quite generous.

Setbacks can happen to any grower. Some are minor and others are major. The patients I currently have are very understanding with shortcomings. I have had to provide meds late a couple of times. I always let them know ahead of time so they can try to prepare for it. It is mostly the law that can make it difficult with plant counts and quantity restrictions. An incident happens in your life to where you cannot attend to the plants. There are numerous possibilities.

Do whatever you think is best to safely get the patient out of your life.

Well heck she is just wrong. No sticking up for this mooch of a patient. GGs solution is a good one,every CG I had always said they would still provide,but they didn't. I've never gotten anything free except a couple grams of a potential CGs wares. I can give her my my old rip off CGs name,they would go perfect with each other.  :thumbsu:

I can sympathize with the OP's problem but the OP maybe needs to think a little deeper. If he was selling "overages" to dispensaries then it would follow that he'd have 2.5 oz on hand for each patient and would move anything over that to a dispensary. At a quarter oz per week, that 2.5 oz would last his patient for 10 weeks. Something to think about. If you are a CG, your first priority should be to maintain a continual supply for the patient. So I can see where a patient would be disappointed to find out her CG was selling to dispensaries and then ran out of meds.

I agree, but there is another option for the OP, maybe.

Is it possible for you to acquire an ounce or two for this patient and get them to agree that you will no longer be their caregiver and cut the card? It may be worth the loss. All they would have to do is file a change form to remove the caregiver. Then they would no longer have a card with your name on it.

Maybe then they will not feel that you "owe" them having provided them an ounce or two.

Heck, 1/4 ounce per week free is quite generous.

Setbacks can happen to any grower. Some are minor and others are major. The patients I currently have are very understanding with shortcomings. I have had to provide meds late a couple of times. I always let them know ahead of time so they can try to prepare for it. It is mostly the law that can make it difficult with plant counts and quantity restrictions. An incident happens in your life to where you cannot attend to the plants. There are numerous possibilities.

Do whatever you think is best to safely get the patient out of your life.

This^^^

Because of this~

there was another poster on here. a caregiver, who agreed to caregiver to a woman who then reported him to the police because she wasnt happy with her free oz every week.

that cg got raided and charged.. dunno the outcome.

theres bad patients out there. watch yo back.

Ha,good one Grass.  Why do the CREEP patients always find the kind CG and rip them? This guy sounds like a decent guy. It just makes the rest of us look bad. I have to fight off my mooch brother constantly,even though I told his butt off so many times already. Nobody is doing well financially right now. Whatever happened to the hippie co-ops?

those hippies do still exist. I wait patiently for them to find me and my garden. I love working with that demographic, and prefer it every time. I have a few long term bonafide ones right now that I love to serve. and would be best friends with under other circumstances.
In 2008 I was beginning to think they no longer existed. I spotted them though eventually by the way they spelled hippie, just like me and
you !  :wub: