Convincing The Skeptical

washtenaut

And why haven't the greedy politicians jumped at this new tax revenue?

"Sarah Palin has revealed she has tried marijuana, but she did not like it.

You know, it's amazing: 200 million Americans have smoked marijuana. The

only ones who don't like it seem to be elected officials. Ever notice that?"

- Jay Leno

Well, I'm sorry to say that I snapped.  My good intentions have been halted.  I was overcome by their insults and wished ill will upon the bashers.

Too many stoner insults and I lashed back.  I am sorry that I used profanity against the ignorant.  I have failed the cause.  I apologize

It isn't like we are all not pushed past reasonable limits. Don't let it eat you up.

Edited by GregS

Why did you post that about Sarah Palin,Bill? You make fun of someone that told the truth? Post the pic of your hero puffing,and about his cocaine habit. Better yet ask him why two of our own are being held in a Mexican Prison illegally,and good ole barry brings back to the USA yet another Ebola victim. He can't save our Ambassador,but he can make sure a deadly disease is now in the US. Why are you men all riled up about Sarah Palin? She isn't a politician or running for anything. Is it because she is a white woman? Man thats racist. And sexist.  Jay? Well heck he is one of those rich sumbitches that you all complain about.

Why did you post that about Sarah Palin,Bill? You make fun of someone that told the truth? Post the pic of your hero puffing,and about his cocaine habit.

I merely quoted Jay Leno. He used her as a lead in for a generic joke about politicians who disregard the will of the people.

Here is a picture of my hero. To the best of my knowledge he had no cocaine habit.

bakunin.jpg

Well, I'm sorry to say that I snapped.  My good intentions have been halted.  I was overcome by their insults and wished ill will upon the bashers.

Too many stoner insults and I lashed back.  I am sorry that I used profanity against the ignorant.  I have failed the cause.  I apologize

You were fighting a battle destined for failure.  Those were probably some of the same people I went to high school with. You could have come down in flames with these studies written on stone tablets and they'd call you the antichrist.  No offense to the religious.

i KNOW these types.  one had like 20k posts and was obviously "king of the hill".  You did your best but you can't win against internet bullies who have low self esteem and endless time to "fight".  But believe me, you did get thru to some people.  It's always the ones who don't post and wouldn't subject themselves to what you do for the cause. But in every "fight" there is someone who roots for the underdog and does the research.  You "won" as much as possible for a site dominated by the same people I went to school with.  See if there are any Bishop Timon graduates.  If there are I'll go over there and put some jocks in their place! :)

Seriously, if they graduated Timon in the late 80's they cheated off of me in Math and Science and Latin class, they'll know who it is :) If they're St Francis your out of luck, no street cred there. :)

They find your buttons and push them till you crack because they have no other defense.

Edited by Norby

It's because the people you know here KNOW your intentions are honest and you are trying to educate people. Truth is a strong weapon,and lots of people are scared of it. :)  Don't ever back down from what you know is right. People will hate you,I know that is true. But do you really CARE about someone that insults you?

Ok, I am not proud of this, well maybe just a little, but I resorted to using this on the 5-6 worst posters.  The constant accusations of being a drug dealer and pusher and a doper and stoner finally got me. 

Note I am not a medical professional.

Hey performer, bbb, Chef, Wacka, Tom, Chano, etc

I found a non-cannabis link that I believe may help you all.  I promise I make no money on these links.

Please check it out.  It may not be too late.  Honest.

https://answers.yaho...13230434AAH0nqs

Oh, and I also added some real information to the post..and now to this one.

There is some good information on various diseases at the Americans for Safe Access Site.

Covered are topics: Arthritis, Cancer, Pain, Gastro Problems, HIV, Movement Disorders, MS, and Aging.

http://www.safeacces..._based_booklets

Hey Wash,let ME at some of those crudballs. I've been told I can be REALLY MEAN,BWAHAHAHA!  I'll make em run like scared rabbits. :devil: You and invivo have given me a lot of info that I am presenting to my new Neurologist tomorrow.....who happens to be PRO MMJ. I wouldn't have had all this info if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks. :thumbsu:

• 5 years later...

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-coronavirus-covid-19-facts

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-cold-flu-experts-discuss

(Posted elsewhere but thought some might be able to benefit....or share any other information on the subject.  Most here are more educated on cannabis than the original audience so I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence)

I doubt cannabis can do much to fight the covid-19 pandemic.  Cannabinoids seem to nudge the body's own systems to act....generally relatively slowly.  This illness seems to overwhelm the respiratory system so quickly, I doubt cannabis would kill it off before it kills off a vulnerable host.  However, cannabis may yet have a role in treating symptoms.

I caught a respiratory bug in early February (probably from the Buffalo Sabres game on 2/4).  I woke up on the 8th feeling crappy with a very heavy chest.  For medical cannabis patients, most often their underlying reason for taking med cannabis does not go away just because they have now added in a cold or the flu.  Same for me and when trying to smoke when I got this illness, it felt like the coughing may make my lungs turn inside out....way too irritating. 

(I am not a medical professional so these opinions are just based on my experiences.) 

To address one's underlying issues, you can still get medicinal benefits by ingesting differently, cannabis oil or edibles specifically.  THC is a known bronchdilator and it can help with some types of breathing difficulties.  If you read the articles above, in addition, there is some indication that cannabis suppresses immune response.  If the immune response may be responsible for worsening breathing issues at some point, modulating that response may help.  In other processes, endo-cannabinoids are essentially messenger molecules which tamp down 'overactive' responses.  I am just speculating here to explain the following.

When I was ill I had access to high THC cannabis concentrate as well as cannabis infused coconut oil and used a little of both with my morning coffee.  Over the next several hours the positive impact on my chest congestion was so good, I thought I might actually be getting over the illness.  I could breathe soooo much better.  My cough continued but for a few hours the cough was much more productive at hoarking up lung mucus (sorry for that image).

Although the illness should be gone by now, I don't yet feel 100%.  I have had lingering congestion.  Is that related to immune suppression of cannabis?  It may be, I don't know, and that would certainly be a terrible side effect if so.  Before writing this up, I wanted to repeat today the cannabis/coffee experiment mentioned above.  Right now, the impact is the same, my breathing is again very much improved. 

If you have access to cannabis concentrates and/or cannabis infused coconut oil, buy some.  If not, you may want to consider making your own.  These products will allow you to get benefits from cannabis without smoking or vaping.  The following link goes into detail on canning the resultant oil but that is unnecessary.  The finished product can be kept for years without sealing or refrigeration. 

https://emilykylenutrition.com/cannabis-coconut-oil/

20 hours ago, washtenaut said:

(Posted elsewhere but thought some might be able to benefit....or share any other information on the subject.  Most here are more educated on cannabis than the original audience so I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence)

I doubt cannabis can do much to fight the covid-19 pandemic.  Cannabinoids seem to nudge the body's own systems to act....generally relatively slowly.  This illness seems to overwhelm the respiratory system so quickly, I doubt cannabis would kill it off before it kills off a vulnerable host.  However, cannabis may yet have a role in treating symptoms.

I caught a respiratory bug in early February (probably from the Buffalo Sabres game on 2/4).  I woke up on the 8th feeling crappy with a very heavy chest.  For medical cannabis patients, most often their underlying reason for taking med cannabis does not go away just because they have now added in a cold or the flu.  Same for me and when trying to smoke when I got this illness, it felt like the coughing may make my lungs turn inside out....way too irritating. 

(I am not a medical professional so these opinions are just based on my experiences.) 

To address one's underlying issues, you can still get medicinal benefits by ingesting differently, cannabis oil or edibles specifically.  THC is a known bronchdilator and it can help with some types of breathing difficulties.  If you read the articles above, in addition, there is some indication that cannabis suppresses immune response.  If the immune response may be responsible for worsening breathing issues at some point, modulating that response may help.  In other processes, endo-cannabinoids are essentially messenger molecules which tamp down 'overactive' responses.  I am just speculating here to explain the following.

When I was ill I had access to high THC cannabis concentrate as well as cannabis infused coconut oil and used a little of both with my morning coffee.  Over the next several hours the positive impact on my chest congestion was so good, I thought I might actually be getting over the illness.  I could breathe soooo much better.  My cough continued but for a few hours the cough was much more productive at hoarking up lung mucus (sorry for that image).

Although the illness should be gone by now, I don't yet feel 100%.  I have had lingering congestion.  Is that related to immune suppression of cannabis?  It may be, I don't know, and that would certainly be a terrible side effect if so.  Before writing this up, I wanted to repeat today the cannabis/coffee experiment mentioned above.  Right now, the impact is the same, my breathing is again very much improved. 

If you have access to cannabis concentrates and/or cannabis infused coconut oil, buy some.  If not, you may want to consider making your own.  These products will allow you to get benefits from cannabis without smoking or vaping.  The following link goes into detail on canning the resultant oil but that is unnecessary.  The finished product can be kept for years without sealing or refrigeration. 

Even though the chances are slim you could have COVID-19. It started back in November in China. It's a small world. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Even though the chances are slim you could have COVID-19. It started back in November in China. It's a small world. 

Hi Resto.  Hope you are staying safe.  I fear it will get ugly real soon.  We need a miracle though I think at this point.

I could possibly have (or, hopefully had) covid-19.  When I got ill in early February, it was not thought to be in this country so I just stayed home for a couple of weeks, trying to get better and to not expose friends to the 'flu'.  I hear antibody type tests are on the way so someday maybe I will check to see if I had it. 

Actually I wasn't posting for myself but was wondering if the breathing relief I experienced with cannabinoids was noticed or utilized by anyone else.  As you know this covid-19 virus sends people to the hospital when they cannot breathe well.  If a BB sized drop of high THC cannabis concentrate can assist breathing and allow patients to cough more productively, it may be a helpful treatment if not a cure. 

Has anyone else used cannabis for this or in any other fashion to help in this covid-19 outbreak?  If so, how have you found it helpful?

1 hour ago, washtenaut said:

Hi Resto.  Hope you are staying safe.  I fear it will get ugly real soon.  We need a miracle though I think at this point.

I could possibly have (or, hopefully had) covid-19.  When I got ill in early February, it was not thought to be in this country so I just stayed home for a couple of weeks, trying to get better and to not expose friends to the 'flu'.  I hear antibody type tests are on the way so someday maybe I will check to see if I had it. 

Actually I wasn't posting for myself but was wondering if the breathing relief I experienced with cannabinoids was noticed or utilized by anyone else.  As you know this covid-19 virus sends people to the hospital when they cannot breathe well.  If a BB sized drop of high THC cannabis concentrate can assist breathing and allow patients to cough more productively, it may be a helpful treatment if not a cure. 

Has anyone else used cannabis for this or in any other fashion to help in this covid-19 outbreak?  If so, how have you found it helpful?

I use a volcano vaporizer on a low heat setting for a breathing treatment. Always works great for my wife and I. We both have asthma although mine is in remission now since the breathing treatments, no more inhaler. 

I had a virus back in October that mimics the symptoms reported from COVID 19 infected individuals. I was working out of town at the time and wasn't near anyone while I was sick. I had been near some folks that had recently been to China. The wife of the man I was near had just died of an 'illness'. Never thought that much about it until it hit the news in December. By that time I was completely over it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, washtenaut said:

I caught a respiratory bug in early February (probably from the Buffalo Sabres game on 2/4).  I woke up on the 8th feeling crappy with a very heavy chest.  For medical cannabis patients, most often their underlying reason for taking med cannabis does not go away just because they have now added in a cold or the flu.  Same for me and when trying to smoke when I got this illness, it felt like the coughing may make my lungs turn inside out....way too irritating. https://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/cannabis-cbd-covid-19

I have been reading a bit more about the 'cytokine storm' that seems to overwhelm the lungs in covid-19 patients.  This is essentially an overreaction by our immune system to the virus.  It seems that this overreaction is at the heart of the fluid build up in the lungs and so to the shortness of breath issue.

I am no expert in this field, unfortunately.  From what I have read, many of the potential pharma treatments try to also quiet this cytokine storm.  I am just curious if there is any actual research on using cannabinoids to try to treat covid-19 patients.

5 minutes ago, washtenaut said:

I have been reading a bit more about the 'cytokine storm' that seems to overwhelm the lungs in covid-19 patients.  This is essentially an overreaction by our immune system to the virus.  It seems that this overreaction is at the heart of the fluid build up in the lungs and so to the shortness of breath issue.

I am no expert in this field, unfortunately.  From what I have read, many of the potential pharma treatments try to also quiet this cytokine storm.  I am just curious if there is any actual research on using cannabinoids to try to treat covid-19 patients.

I have a disease that makes my immune system get out of control like the cytokine storm. I have used a combination of Enbrel and vaping cannabis to control it. The disease has attacked my lungs. I have been diagnosed with asthma because of it. After years of my combination of Enbrel and vaping cannabis I no longer have asthma symptoms. That would be anecdotal evidence that anti inflammatory drugs could very well save people from dying of the COVID 19 virus. We may never have the kind of evidence one would need to recommend it. All we can do at this point is observe and try to make sense out of it. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:45 AM, Restorium2 said:

I have a disease that makes my immune system get out of control like the cytokine storm. I have used a combination of Enbrel and vaping cannabis to control it. The disease has attacked my lungs. I have been diagnosed with asthma because of it. After years of my combination of Enbrel and vaping cannabis I no longer have asthma symptoms. That would be anecdotal evidence that anti inflammatory drugs could very well save people from dying of the COVID 19 virus. We may never have the kind of evidence one would need to recommend it. All we can do at this point is observe and try to make sense out of it. 

Some further information on the immune response

https://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/cannabis-cbd-covid-19

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

from the study

Executive summary

Cannabinoids, the active components of Cannabis sativa, and endogenous cannabinoids mediate their effects through activation of specific cannabinoid receptors known as cannabinoid receptor 1 and 2 (CB1 and CB2).

The cannabinoid system has been shown both in vivo and in vitro to be involved in regulating the immune system through its immunomodulatory properties.

Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory response and subsequently attenuate disease symptoms. This property of cannabinoids is mediated through multiple pathways such as induction of apoptosis in activated immune cells, suppression of cytokines and chemokines at inflammatory sites and upregulation of FoxP3+ regulatory T cells.

Cannabinoids have been tested in several experimental models of autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and hepatitis and have been shown to protect the host from the pathogenesis through induction of multiple anti-inflammatory pathways.

Cannabinoids may also be beneficial in certain types of cancers that are triggered by chronic inflammation. In such instances, cannabinoids can either directly inhibit tumor growth or suppress inflammation and tumor angiogenesis.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, washtenaut said:

Of course it couldn't be just smoking a joint. They have to do some 'special' subtraction of the THC for it to even be considered. Just the terpenes and CBD, NO THC FOR YOU! THC would make it a bad drug 'just for bad people'. 

3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Of course it couldn't be just smoking a joint. They have to do some 'special' subtraction of the THC for it to even be considered. Just the terpenes and CBD, NO THC FOR YOU! THC would make it a bad drug 'just for bad people'. 

THC is often wrongly vilified for its psychoactivity.  I think I get your point but if you think about it, a cannabis based treatment that didn’t actually require THC to be effective, would be able to be used by those that might not be able to tolerate the THC effects. Determining the minimum required compounds from a given effective strain that are necessary to produce the positive effect can allow one to eliminate the unnecessary compounds, possibly the THC, that may cause unwanted side effects.

13 hours ago, washtenaut said:

THC is often wrongly vilified for its psychoactivity.  I think I get your point but if you think about it, a cannabis based treatment that didn’t actually require THC to be effective, would be able to be used by those that might not be able to tolerate the THC effects. Determining the minimum required compounds from a given effective strain that are necessary to produce the positive effect can allow one to eliminate the unnecessary compounds, possibly the THC, that may cause unwanted side effects.

I think the sole reason that they fragment cannabis is because they believe that makes it so the average user can't replicate 'the cure'. 

To just use a plant in it's natural form wouldn't make them any money. So they move directly towards lab created stuff so they can patent and monopolize. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

I think the sole reason that they fragment cannabis is because they believe that makes it so the average user can't replicate 'the cure'. 

To just use a plant in it's natural form wouldn't make them any money. So they move directly towards lab created stuff so they can patent and monopolize. 

That's corporate business, unfortunately that is where cannabis is going. 😥😥