Obama 'spincter' Tickle Causes Unaffordable Care.

pic book

thanks to the affordable care act, my doctor and my hospital is now un-affordable.  to this point in time, henry ford has been my go-to for medical care for everything (except my mmmp recommendations).  now my access to care is all gone, thanks to the main sphincter tickler himself:  chief bammer.

before july 15, henry ford was happy to take my medicare insurance and the 80% payment that came with it.  I told the business office when I moved to Detroit in  October 2010 that I was destitute--they'd never get the 20% that was left after medicare had paid, and they told me 'don't worry about it.'

but today, when I went for the second follow-up visit on the knee surgery of a month ago, they said '$15k please.'

the business office said they weren't joking; under the affordable care act they have to go back to oct 2010 and collect the 20% owed for the medical care I got under medicare and collect the 20% before they can see me again...they won't bde seeing me, but where do I go now?

You may want to look into whether or not you are still medicaid eligible. With it you are dual eligible and medicaid picks up the 20 percent copay that is left after medicare pays its benefit. It may have been dropped. That is the only way that I am aware of where your deductible would have been and would continue to be covered.  

And btw, it's sphincter.

Edited by GregS

You may want to look into whether or not you are still medicaid eligible. With it you are dual eligible and medicaid picks up the 20 percent copay that is left after medicare pays its benefit. It may have been dropped. That is the only way that I am aware of where your deductible would have been and would continue to be covered.

Right.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-my-state-is-not-expanding-medicaid/

Yes. When I think sphincter,I think of the girlyman pres. Should have donated Paulies balls to him,he needs them bad. I now have to pay 10 bucks for ostomy wafers,and 3 bucks per pouch. Wafers are what you attach the pouch with. And I will need this stuff until I die.So guess where the money for that stuff comes from? My MMJ budget. Dang. Down the "The Seeds and Stems Again Blues." Thanks,barry. Right back atcha.

Edited by jointedone

I have medicair and medicaid as my back up, my mi adult health (medicaid) pays my 96 bucks for my medicair so I get that in my ssdi check, I believe you have to be on ssdi not ssi to have that option, when I won my ssdi case my attny called me a few days later and told me to go to the ssi office near me and change my ssi to ssdi or I wouldnt get my back pay all at once and something about my ins,

I have to meet a spend down before medicaid picks up the rest and I have to meet it every month, my worker told me what ever I do try not to go in the hospital at the end of the month, if I wind up in there a few days I will have 2 spend downs to meet! your spend down is usualy half of your ssi or ssdi check and than medicaid picks up from there, for rx's it dont even help medicair or me assigns my rx company, they gave me a good one so I just stuck with it,

so most def check out your county  welfare office they may be able to help you and most def take what ever amount of food stamps they will give you,(I get 12 bucks a month :lolu: ) you dont have to pay that back, you only have to pay back cash if you get it from county and than get ssi or ssdi!

best of luck!

Peace

I have medicair and medicaid as my back up, my mi adult health (medicaid) pays my 96 bucks for my medicair so I get that in my ssdi check, I believe you have to be on ssdi not ssi to have that option, when I won my ssdi case my attny called me a few days later and told me to go to the ssi office near me and change my ssi to ssdi or I wouldnt get my back pay all at once and something about my ins,

I have to meet a spend down before medicaid picks up the rest and I have to meet it every month, my worker told me what ever I do try not to go in the hospital at the end of the month, if I wind up in there a few days I will have 2 spend downs to meet! your spend down is usualy half of your ssi or ssdi check and than medicaid picks up from there, for rx's it dont even help medicair or me assigns my rx company, they gave me a good one so I just stuck with it,

so most def check out your county  welfare office they may be able to help you and most def take what ever amount of food stamps they will give you,(I get 12 bucks a month :lolu: ) you dont have to pay that back, you only have to pay back cash if you get it from county and than get ssi or ssdi!

best of luck!

Peace

Republicans want this all gone. They call all that freeloading. They want you to ask all your neighbors for $10-$25 a piece to help you get along. Or ask the church for help. Those are your two options in a Republican World. All disabled folks should have their backs up and just looking for ways to stay alive by getting rid of every Republican in their cross hairs. It is us against them, fight to the death.

Blah blah blah,change hands so the people don't see what the other hand is doing. So old,so ALINSKY. Are you PROUD to be an America hater? The guy is a sissy and you know it. You will jump ship just like all the rats are. BTW,how bout you house some of the illegals pouring into our country? They (BARRY) are shipping them to every State.Libturd. Stop calling me a repug. They suck too. Both parties are pathetic, and will soon be hearing from real Americans that are sick of this crapola. Dude you are SO out of touch,maybe you should take a vacation to Marthas Vineyard where all the rich folks go. That is barrys favorite place. Check for yourself, Resto.

Edited by jointedone

Saw a poll two weeks ago and 54% of Michiganders now think ObamaCare is a good thing for America. Yet we still have Republicans fighting over who can tear it down better. Don't tell them they are out of touch.

Well than is it so hard to beleive that my family are the 46% who got phaqed? when it comes to things like this I dont put a party on it, I blame the person, and if his party is totaly behind him I blame them to, If you screwed me I wouldnt like you either, but your friends and family would, so stop trying to tell people who got screwed on this obama care to blame it on some one else, the blame belongs on the person with the pen who is out collecting money for his chronies instead of being a president in tough times, he has done nothing to help the u.s and our deficit, he added to it more than bush did and he was a war time prez the whole time of his terms! put that in your pipe and smoke it, it is how I feel, you can feel the way you want and so can the people with the same beleif as you,

I know the dems would be my right choice because of me being on ssdi, but im not so sure about that and wouldnt vote for some one I feel is bad for the country to help me get money I paid into it, it isnt obama's money I collect it is what i put into the program and im lucky enough to get mine or some of mine back before the gov spends it all on ilegal imigrants!

You can say all you want rest, Im glad your doing so well, I truly am, alot more are not doing as well as you, do you work? nothing wrong if you do, but us that cant work and get extra money go with out way more than we go with!

Peace

Well than is it so hard to beleive that my family are the 46% who got phaqed? when it comes to things like this I dont put a party on it, I blame the person, and if his party is totaly behind him I blame them to, If you screwed me I wouldnt like you either, but your friends and family would, so stop trying to tell people who got screwed on this obama care to blame it on some one else, the blame belongs on the person with the pen who is out collecting money for his chronies instead of being a president in tough times, he has done nothing to help the u.s and our deficit, he added to it more than bush did and he was a war time prez the whole time of his terms! put that in your pipe and smoke it, it is how I feel, you can feel the way you want and so can the people with the same beleif as you,

I know the dems would be my right choice because of me being on ssdi, but im not so sure about that and wouldnt vote for some one I feel is bad for the country to help me get money I paid into it, it isnt obama's money I collect it is what i put into the program and im lucky enough to get mine or some of mine back before the gov spends it all on ilegal imigrants!

You can say all you want rest, Im glad your doing so well, I truly am, alot more are not doing as well as you, do you work? nothing wrong if you do, but us that cant work and get extra money go with out way more than we go with!

Peace

I don't believe your family got phaqued by ObamaCare. I believe you think so. I believe you are listening to the wrong people, people who are not helping you at all when they tell you about ObamaCare. They are just using you.

I am satisfied that the ACA is a workable fix for the depredations of the private sector that were foisted on us for decades. The improvement I am ultimately looking toward is single payor. Rather than complain, it is necessary to do our homework and keep up with current rules, as Reso politely points out. It is impossible for me to disagree with him on this issue, and I consider that he has a lot to offer. Thanks Jim.

Help is available at your local Area Agency on Aging offices and at any senior center. They are happy to help us determine our eligibility for and means to apply for the best benefits available to us. In Genessee County there is a 211 phone resource for any and all program help for anyone. 

The means to find these programs and discuss them is something that I hope to see expanded on here. We are, after all, disabled and debilitated by definition.

Edited by GregS

I like the idea of allowing people to afford health care before they fall down in the street and are taken to an emergency room.  At that point most of us agree that we will try to help this person.  Why must a person, who we agree we will eventually pay to save, have to sink so low first?

It seems most every 'western nation' has been able to provide for basic health care for its people, why not us?   Certainly there are sad stories of people that have been negatively impacted by the ACA and even most supporters don't like the mandate but it seems necessary to support the broadening of coverage.  As mentioned, sometimes there are now different ways to recover some of those increased expenses, such as through income tax returns.  Sometimes there are not. 

In my opinion the ACA is good for the population as a whole - socially beneficial.  It wasn't that long ago we, as a nation, battled over providing Medicare to the elderly.  Now it seems appropriate to most to help the elderly after they have retired.  Some still oppose Medicare and some will always oppose the ACA.  I hope we can find a way to keep it in some form and I'll be glad when we can get past the shock of change

I don't believe your family got phaqued by ObamaCare. I believe you think so. I believe you are listening to the wrong people, people who are not helping you at all when they tell you about ObamaCare. They are just using you.

You dont believe we got screwed by obama care, my lady has to pay for ins that doesnt cover sheat! now your getting personal, we cant afford to pay for ins that dont pay for nothing,

I believe you should watch who you call a liar! do you think I would say we got screwed by that a s s hat if I didnt! if so you are an a s s hat also, are you going on the road to make sure the dems stay in there no matter how they screw things up?  when reagen got elected and put in office it was my best money making yrs of my adult life, than bush sr, just kept the same plan going and than your boy willy was smart enough to keep the ball rolling that reagen started, after that and  his disgraceful use of the oval office and his indescressions people were ready for a repub again, w, did not start the war, our twin towers were hit by alqueda, he went after the country that harbored him, our guys got rid of the taliban and got a new gov in, we did what we tried, we can lead them cannibals to water but we cant make them drink, as far as Iraq so darn huessian was a horrible dictator who nobody liked including saudi arabia and most def kuwait, and the woman and people of iraq were ready to not be raped and killed by his sons! the only thing I regret is we didnt take iran out when we were over there!

You are one sided like you say we all are, the only diff is your on the wrong side, you think you know everything, all you know is what you want to know, I beleive I have like 20 some yrs on you and I cant remember a time we were not in a war of some type since I was born, and nixon just got caught doing what the others were doing and had the guts to step down, clinton got hearings and lost and should have stepped down for disgracing the office of the strongest person in the world, he was not just a ceo of some big company he was our whore dog pres and I bet you think he was the best we ever had, so it dont surprise me that you would like obama, I cant beleive the people in this country would vote for some one name barrack huesien obama, he is a young punk who didnt do anything special to be elected pres the only thing he did was use the internet better than the older fellas,,  The worst thing that ever happened to america and our alli's is obama! If mcain wouldnt have chosen palin he would have been one of our best presidents, he is always working on both sides and trying to bring the party's together, which will never happen like the muslims who all beleive if you dont beleive what they beleive we dont deserve to live!

you didnt answer me if you work or not, are you disabled? can you work out side of the home?

Peace

P.s if you dont beleive my family got screwed by obama care, how about we find ins that we most def cant afford that will cover our needs and you pay for it, you seem to know what our income is and say we didnt get screwed!

You dont believe we got screwed by obama care, my lady has to pay for ins that doesnt cover sheat! now your getting personal, we cant afford to pay for ins that dont pay for nothing,

I believe you should watch who you call a liar! do you think I would say we got screwed by that a s s hat if I didnt! if so you are an a s s hat also, are you going on the road to make sure the dems stay in there no matter how they screw things up?  when reagen got elected and put in office it was my best money making yrs of my adult life, than bush sr, just kept the same plan going and than your boy willy was smart enough to keep the ball rolling that reagen started, after that and  his disgraceful use of the oval office and his indescressions people were ready for a repub again, w, did not start the war, our twin towers were hit by alqueda, he went after the country that harbored him, our guys got rid of the taliban and got a new gov in, we did what we tried, we can lead them cannibals to water but we cant make them drink, as far as Iraq so darn huessian was a horrible dictator who nobody liked including saudi arabia and most def kuwait, and the woman and people of iraq were ready to not be raped and killed by his sons! the only thing I regret is we didnt take iran out when we were over there!

You are one sided like you say we all are, the only diff is your on the wrong side, you think you know everything, all you know is what you want to know, I beleive I have like 20 some yrs on you and I cant remember a time we were not in a war of some type since I was born, and nixon just got caught doing what the others were doing and had the guts to step down, clinton got hearings and lost and should have stepped down for disgracing the office of the strongest person in the world, he was not just a ceo of some big company he was our whore dog pres and I bet you think he was the best we ever had, so it dont surprise me that you would like obama, I cant beleive the people in this country would vote for some one name barrack huesien obama, he is a young punk who didnt do anything special to be elected pres the only thing he did was use the internet better than the older fellas,,  The worst thing that ever happened to america and our alli's is obama! If mcain wouldnt have chosen palin he would have been one of our best presidents, he is always working on both sides and trying to bring the party's together, which will never happen like the muslims who all beleive if you dont beleive what they beleive we dont deserve to live!

you didnt answer me if you work or not, are you disabled? can you work out side of the home?

Peace

P.s if you dont beleive my family got screwed by obama care, how about we find ins that we most def cant afford that will cover our needs and you pay for it, you seem to know what our income is and say we didnt get screwed!

Your family would be in much worse shape without The Affordable Care Act. You are in the position of those it is helping. Like I said, you just don't know that because of bad information you are being fed.

So,Resto,you must have read the whole bill then. Even though idiot Pelosi said "You have to pass the bill in order to see whats in it". Could you explain it to me? And how it is going to help my family,who are lower income than middle class but don't qualify for help? My husband DOES work. For 1/3 of the pay he made at his other job of 25 years. We were prepared. It's all gone. No retirement for my poor husband until he dies. 

Your family would be in much worse shape without The Affordable Care Act. You are in the position of those it is helping. Like I said, you just don't know that because of bad information you are being fed.

the only info im being fed is the cost of the ins we have to have or we get fined, and we cant afford no where near top end ins, I went to fill my ladys rx with her new ins, the pharmacy ran the card, it said we had to pay 188.00 bucks for 9 pills for her migrains, if I paid cash it was only 49 bucks, explain that to me. my pharmacy couldnt, but they did sell it to me for cash instead of what her ins wanted them to charge, I was there, I know what happened, but ok I realy dont under stand that, shine some light on that for me.

Peace

That pre-existing conditions allowance was the 'deal maker' in my mind. 

Many of us are sick or injured.  Prior to the ACA, if you could afford to purchase your own health insurance, you often weren't covered for any injury or illness that you had prior to gaining coverage.  Folks working steadily where health coverage was provided were completely unaffected.  For many years I wasn't affected.  Then I was.

Many hard working people got, in order, sick/injured, laid-off, sick again, and then driven toward bankruptcy by that illness or injury.  A life savings, that would carry most through retirement years, can evaporate in a short time with no job and uncovered medical and hospital bills.

Maybe we should just repeal Medicare  Medicaid and the ACA act,, let people just die,,  that should make a few on this board happy.

Ryan Budget Calls for Block Granting Medicaid, Privatizing MedicareRepealingACA. April 4, 2014. Earlier this week, House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan 

That pre-existing conditions allowance was the 'deal maker' in my mind. 

Many of us are sick or injured.  Prior to the ACA, if you could afford to purchase your own health insurance, you often weren't covered for any injury or illness that you had prior to gaining coverage.  Folks working steadily where health coverage was provided were completely unaffected.  For many years I wasn't affected.  Then I was.

Many hard working people got, in order, sick/injured, laid-off, sick again, and then driven toward bankruptcy by that illness or injury.  A life savings, that would carry most through retirement years, can evaporate in a short time with no job and uncovered medical and hospital bills.

Coverage caps were another vile insult perped on us by insurance people, for whom a special place in hell is reserved.

My congratulations to those who are Obamacare winners; especially the insurance companies who co-wrote the law and whose shareholders are arguably the biggest winners of the bunch.

My condolences to those who are going to foot the bill for these lucky beneficiaries; the American private sector middle-class taxpayers.

My apologizes to our children whose future well-being we are frittering away with the profligacy of the present.

And just a reminder for those who seem to have forgotten, Obamacare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security won't change the two certainties of life; death and taxes.

Edited by outsideinthecold