Making Washer Machine Hash.

t-pain

12 members have voted

1. 1. washer machine hash

• more than just this guy are using washing machines to extract hash
    • nah its just this crazy guy.
    • no more buying edibles or extracts from dispensaries for me.
    • its not a big deal.
    • its disgusting!

its strange you are defending this clothes washer so strongly.

if it was no big deal, why be so offended by my questions and posits?

we've agreed that clothes washers can harbor mold and bacteria, and we agree that there is a small amount standing water left in the machine after each run.

i agree with you, the practices put in place to process the hash including drying, heating and sterilizing by mixing with alcohol or baking in a food product probably limit most exposure to dangerous particles from said clothes washer.

to people poo-poo'ing bpa, did you ever have your clothes washer hash tested for BPA ?

did you ever have it tested for lubricants, oils, rust or porcelain chips?

some garden hoses contain lead. sorry i cant find what the washer discharge hose is made of.

http://www.healthystuff.org/findings.050713.garden.php

lead... anyone test hash for lead levels?

phthalates in ( lowes and the depot's) "garden" hoses pose the highest danger to all who use the water from them. who would use a the garden hose to drink from, fill a pool, water plants in a garden....when it clearly says NOT FOR DRINKING ? all of us have, for a lifetime, and we're all sick..I hope others learn to seek the safe alternatives

Any mineral present is something you ingest anyway.  Your dishwasher is no different.  There is a small amount of standing water in it at all times just like in a washing machine.  Guess I had better stop washing my dishes in it as it isn't "food safe." 

This argument is just a bunch of malarkey.  Ever known someone to get sick from washing machine hash?  I remember a while back when Colorado made some guy recall all sorts of food products because he used washing machine hash in them.  They didn't find anything wrong with the products just didn't like that he used a washing machine to make the hash.  Ah what the heck, let's just regulate the hell out of it and leave it to the hands of the government.  That will keep us safe.  Government regulators are your friend.

Ever work in a restaurant?  Doesn't matter how "food safe" the equipment is it is processes and people that make the difference.  If you've worked in a restaurant then you've seen some pretty nasty practices.  My daughter worked as a server in a steakhouse and told me it wasn't uncommon to see a grill cook drop a finished steak on the floor and then just throw it on the grill for another minute or 2 before putting it on your plate.  Think about that the next time you bite into your filet mignon.

I never said anything about eating it.  Smoking it is a different story.  and washing something you eat off of is a different story and washing clothes where the machines expels all the water and rinses is also a different story.  Calcium and magnesium and phosphates are no good for you in your smoke I don't think it would be good from scale residue in hash either.  Maybe the amount present would be miniscule compared to an overfertilized bud but I'm just saying so don't jump down my throat.  What I said is true. Maybe you don't have a worry if your place is clean, you use ro or distilled water and never used the machine for anything else or make sure it's not have buildup in it.  I'm no expert just telling you what I've learned from sterilization techniques for quarantine of animals. I never quantified a percent chance of problems. I'm sure if proper checking isn't done and depending on conditions it COULD be a problem. It could be totally safe, but I'd rather not use it.  there are too many parts that I don't know how they react to water.  You should be free to do it however you want as long as you let people know how it's made.  If they don;t care then fine.

And I have worked in restaurant's for years, which is why I don't eat at them generally.

Personally, I use a pollen shaker which is stainless and dry.

Most folks I know who made bubble used a new machine and didn't wash clothes in it. Swampy comes to mind. He was the bubble expert. Go down to the appliance store and buy the cheapest one they have.

For a lot of these problems the solution is dilution. Run the hose for a while before you use it. We all need to use our hoses. lol Even drinking fountains, let them run for a while before you take a drink. Common sense is your friend. Darwin will take out the folks who are impatient.

Tpain I am not offended.  I am simply pointing out the truth.  How the heck would lubricants get in the washer???  Washer pumps are sealed units.  No difference between the basic construction of those and your well pump that brings water from the ground.  My point is that you are belaboring the issue to the point where it looks like you have just decided not to like the idea and therefore will throw anything at the wall to see what sticks do discredit it.

Case in point is bpa.  You randomly grab that out of the air as something bad with the process.  Last I knew bpa is used in clear plastics only.  This is because it is itself clear.  As far as I know other cheaper and easier to use compounds are used in opaque plastics and bpa is/was used in clear only because they wanted the plastic clear.  On top of that bpa is poorly water soluble unless the water is heated.  Even if bpa was in your washer drum the chances of it being an issue for the 15 minutes it takes to run your washer cycle is minimal.  Especially given that you would be running it with cold water.  You could also rinse it yourself after you remove it from the washer if you are that neurotic.  But do me a favor and stop pointing out something as a problem when you have no evidence it is a problem.  You are asking if the hash is tested for bpa.  That's a slippery slope.  Why not test it for acid rain too if you grew it outside?  Maybe test it for arsenic if you use well water.  Maybe test it for heavy metals if it is grown in earth soil?  Test, test, test!  Can never have too much testing!

Mold being an issue is also nonsense.  If you clean your washer properly then there will be no mold.  You are more likely to have microscopic mold spores on the plant to begin with than you are to get it from the washer.  Maybe you should test all of your plants for mold even if you have no visual mold.  Do you do that?

What the hell difference does it make what the washer discharge hose is made of?  It is discharging the water and is connected on the outgoing side of the pump which means water goes one way.

As I already stated you are just being a nit picking princess.  What are the chances of you being harmed by washer hash as compared to breathing this lovely air we have in Michigan?  Do you walk around with a respirator on?  If not why not?  You are breathing in a lot of pollutants.  Especially when you mow your lawn.  Do you mow your lawn?  If so wear a respirator.  Keep one in the car too so if you are ever caught in traffic you can don it at a moment's notice.  Don't go outside when it rains either because that isn't pure water.  In fact don't go outside at all right now and run a heap filter in your home because I hear that there are ash clouds over a large majority of the Midwest due to western wildfires.

I've had a drink from a hose for a good 60 years.  Still drink from a hose when I'm out gardening and it is convenient.  It's a wonder that the average life expectancy is so high right now given all the people who drank from hoses and consumed washer hash.

Like Restorium said if you flush your lines then contaminants that are a result of a hose are minimal to nonexistent.  Just like they say to do if you have old lead pipes in your house or lead based solder on joints.  It takes time to leach into the water so running your tap for a minute first virtually eliminates the problem.

Onward to the next nonexisting problem and let's put our heads together and solve it.

I've seen no less than 6 different washing machine xtractions, all performed with used machines, lots of beer, and a good time for everyone helping out. One person bought a machine from the used appliance store, the others used their own home machine. Most people doing this are growing fields of grass, and could give two chits about the bit of rust in the mix. Dispensaries with mite infested/moldy grows comes to mind.

there are clear plastic pumps, not all of them are clear plastic of course.

https://www.midwestapplianceparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_105_106&products_id=5948&zenid=6gcumpclmlglcfjvupdollko02

there are lubricants getting into tubs, from broken seals. its rare but does happen.

http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7dh4i-ge-clothes-washer-whdsr209g2ww-causing-black-oil-spots.html

http://www.appliancerepair.net/washing-machine-repair-8.html

If oil starts showing up in the clothes, what has usually happened is that the top transmission seal has deteriorated and is letting water into the transmission casing. The water displaces the oil and forces it out through the seal and into the clothes.

plenty of other oil in clothes results on google.

my point was that an industrial mixer or even power drill with agitator attachment could be used , sterilized, and would be food safe. theres no reason to use a washing machine when these safer alternatives exist.

do you use naptha when making cannabis oil?

Wait... wait... washing machine hash is dying.... you guys are killing it... comparing with naptha?

To the rescue;

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Washing-Machine-Extraction-KitGRO1/dp/B005EM8VDC

Now we can sleep at night. There is a way to make it food grade. So don't carpet bomb it. It actually can be very good stuff.

Drill attachment doesn't really do it from what I've seen, and industrial mixers cost thousands of dollars. Is there something that should be inspected on a regular basis that can catch these types of issues before starting an extraction?

squeaks , squeals, bumps, noises while in spin mode.

water or oil leak under machine.

take agitator off and look at seals

inside tub inspection for oil stains

take washer apart and look for rust stains (water leaks) on outside of tub.

hmm. ok i'll try to dig up some cheaper alternatives for people who want to make large quantities of hash easily at home.

heres one for $300. but its a hand crank lol!

http://www.sausagemaker.com/44155tsm-50stainlesssteelmeatmixer.aspx

so what you're saying is there is a market for a cheap to midrange 50 gal hash making machine?

one thats food safe, easily cleanable and easy to use?

squeaks , squeals, bumps, noises while in spin mode.

water or oil leak under machine.

take agitator off and look at seals

inside tub inspection for oil stains

take washer apart and look for rust stains (water leaks) on outside of tub.

You are no repairman. You are way over your head. What you are suggesting here is not real.

hmm. ok i'll try to dig up some cheaper alternatives for people who want to make large quantities of hash easily at home.

heres one for $300. but its a hand crank lol!

http://www.sausagemaker.com/44155tsm-50stainlesssteelmeatmixer.aspx

so what you're saying is there is a market for a cheap to midrange 50 gal hash making machine?

one thats food safe, easily cleanable and easy to use?

I already posted a link to a food safe one for $179 delivered with bubble bags.