Buying A House---Mls Is The Enemy

pic book

so after a protracted court battle in 36th district court in which i finally voluntarily agreed to live in my landlords's property but not grow, i got lucky.  Very lucky as a british citizen (not george soros) who has a soft spot for mmj and follows it in the us, has gifted me $10k to acquire a house to use as a grow site only..

Thank you ibza, your oil money and your arabness is totally from another planet, but what a great planet!

So my findings about the detroit realty scene is that it is chaotic and not helpful to low-end buyers and ripe for a revolution on the order of what quicken loans did to real estate lending.  MLS (multiple listing service) is a monopoly begging to be busted to turds and flushed. Bell Telephone comes to mind, and the rise of cell phones and laptops is the benefit of that shitsmash.  mls allows a property to be listed with a mere single pic and that pic may be months old not showing that in the meantime the prop has been trashed--pipes and windows and furnace 'rescued' by salvagers and of course, the doors gone.

but big deal, that's detroit.

but wait...when monopoly sets the rules and has a stranglehold on the electonic property info biz, isn't that unfair restraint of trade?

it is a fact.  with $10k in hand one cannot contact a realtor and be reliably directed to a house that is intact.  many are listed as intact for 10k, but becase mls allows very partial and dated info and purveys it as current and accurate, the usual drive to meet a realtor at a property results in both of you being amazed at the pile you view.

all of which is to say that while everybody counsels ';buy a place to grow, don't rent', it is a long slow arduous road due to the monopoly that strangles the info.

if mls was not a monopoly public content update might be allowed to be added to what the listing agent has posted.  today i would have taken a pic of the basement of a house on liberty street, where the floor was slippery and the furnace was shiny.  right beside it a 5 x 8 section of the basement floor had dropped 10 feet and had splashed sewage up onto the floor. it appeared that the floor had been poured over an old cesspool and the floor had been inadequately supported.  was a worse mess than the eggs in a fry pan on the stove since may.  this kind of outrage of inaccurate represenatation in a listing shud rightly get mls trust-busted.  a bulldozer should visit and the empty lot be listed.  this is the direct result of us allowing that monopoly called mls to exist.

Edited by pic book

darn near impossible to buy a house for cash and 10 grand

realtor.com shows 500+ addresses that meet my minimum criteria.  my complaint is that it shud not be necessary to drive to each of them to determine the suitability of each.  with say, 2 dozen pics required for a listing to be published and those pics required to be updated every month, mls would then be a responsible, tho still monopolististic, info service.  in broadcasting, also a monopoly, the fcc regualtes.

the commmerce dept is charged with regulating realtrors and info, and totally fails.

in such situations, what do we do?  sit on our thumbs?  

in the right neighborhood, with high fences, that could work...tho i would prefer an underground bunker to a highly visible above-ground greenhouse.

the city of detroit is not interested in regulating or slowing fraud as they run their own scam, assessing houses that sell for 10k as taxable at 35k!  they say they have to, or the city would be out of $.  so the municipal beneficiary of fraud is unlikely to holler for reform and take a reduction in income reaped from residential property taxes.  maybe you thot putting kwayme in for 28 years solved the problem?  it merely silenced one of the players.

i guess a greenhousde dug down four feet would be sufficiently hidden by the regulation 6 fooot fence.  tho winter-time operation could be a real challenge.

Edited by pic book

My realtor showed me over a hundred homes that "met my criteria" according to his assessment. We did drive to each for inspection, and threatened to terminate our agent if he doesn't get his chit straight and quit wasting our time. Its all part of home buying. They know the condition usually, but need to see if maybe, just maybe, there job will be done that day with you.

in the right neighborhood, with high fences, that could work...tho i would prefer an underground bunker to a highly visible above-ground greenhouse.

the city of detroit is not interested in regulating or slowing fraud as they run their own scam, assessing houses that sell for 10k as taxable at 35k!  they say they have to, or the city would be out of $.  so the municipal beneficiary of fraud is unlikely to holler for reform and take a reduction in income reaped from residential property taxes.  maybe you thot putting kwayme in for 28 years solved the problem?  it merely silenced one of the players.

i guess a greenhousde dug down four feet would be sufficiently hidden by the regulation 6 fooot fence.  tho winter-time operation could be a real challenge.

Thanks Pic book

i knew someone that had a grow down under as a mattel of fact 18 feet under ground it wasn't easy carrying Co2 tanks down there until he got enough cash to buy a burner  

Edited by bobandtorey

Another idea would be to retrofit a large storage container and insulate it.  That way as you upgrade you could always add more containers.  Those are around 1500-3 grand.  I just think buying a place to grow in a residential neighborhood leads to problems with neighbors.  If you look at it from a outsiders perspective, the neighbors are going to see you as a potential fire hazard/mold maker moving next door.  I know that's not always the case, but it is plausible...  Watch out for problems with the company your buying from, concerning house insurance and taxes.  I know a person that bought a house a year ago, and the state was going to forclose, because the company they bought it through wasn't paying taxes.  They took the money for taxes and insurance every month (it was included in the house payments, 900/monthly) but they would let every house lapse on taxes.  I'm guessing they were using the tax money for some other investments. They also lost insurance coverage for months, because of the same problem with payments.  There are a lot of crooks out there, in the housing game.  If we were all the bad people they think we are, we would find a way to rob people legally, (in the housing market).

Wow, what a gr8t sounding idea. Had I done something like that, I wouldn't have all the

damage and discomfort I've created by "living" in a green house.

I dunno

With all the republican fear propaganda preaching end times, the underground bunker container plan has created a shortage of containers.

apparently the radical religious right are preparing for the end and are buying up all the containers.

So they create this mess and then run underground when they are found out. As if this is the answer..lol

The solution really is to stuff all the fknrepublicans you can get into the container before you weld it shut and bury it. You don't even have to include food as they are use to eating their own ..especially children, women and elderly.

This would save space and air for the rest of us civilized humans to prosper and protect the earth for future generations of critical thinking compassionate humans.

Edited by beourbud

I dunno

With all the republican fear propaganda preaching end times, the underground bunker container plan has created a shortage of containers.

apparently the radical religious right are preparing for the end and are buying up all the containers.

So they create this mess and then run underground when they are found out. As if this is the answer..lol

The solution really is to stuff all the fknrepublicans you can get into the container before you weld it shut and bury it. You don't even have to include food as they are use to eating their own ..especially the weak, women and elderly.

This would save space and air for the rest of us civilized humans to prosper and protect the earth for future generations of critical thinking compassionate humans.

That sound like a modest proposal.

darn near impossible to buy a house for cash and 10 grand its going to be in a shady location good luck.

Dude we bought dozens of houses in the D back in the day from 2007-2009 for around 10k.  yeah they are def in the hood but there is pockets in the D that are "decent"  but still its in the D and if your white...well watch your back.  Stay strapped and always have a piece on you.  When i was in the D I had my CCW.  When I moved out the D I let my CCW lapse and put my guns into storage.  safe and away from my home.  But it can be done....you just have to live in the house 24/7 and leave minimally and make sure you have a big PIT and a garage that you can pull your car into to hide it.  Because people will rob you and if they see that your car is gone well. ....it is what it is in Detroit.  Its a fuxin war zone.   And one of the most racially biased cities in the country.  Low education levels, super high unemployment and ohhh did I say amazing schools to send your kids to..!!  LOL...

It can be done...I did it for 3 years got out and am alive.  But i will tell you living in Detroit changed me and made me come to grips with a lot of things I do not ever ever want to be around ever in my life.

Its sad that Detroit is such a big shiiyat hole.  We pump billions into all these arab countries that just want to blow everything up yet we cannot fix our own cities within our own country.

Yeah OBAMA ...YES WE CAN'T..!!! 

Edited by motorcitymeds

Dude we bought dozens of houses in the D back in the day from 2007-2009 for around 10k. yeah they are def in the hood but there is pockets in the D that are "decent" but still its in the D and if your white...well watch your back. Stay strapped and always have a piece on you. When i was in the D I had my CCW. When I moved out the D I let my CCW lapse and put my guns into storage. safe and away from my home. But it can be done....you just have to live in the house 24/7 and leave minimally and make sure you have a big PIT and a garage that you can pull your car into to hide it. Because people will rob you and if they see that your car is gone well. ....it is what it is in Detroit. Its a fuxin war zone. And one of the most racially biased cities in the country. Low education levels, super high unemployment and ohhh did I say amazing schools to send your kids to..!! LOL...

It can be done...I did it for 3 years got out and am alive. But i will tell you living in Detroit changed me and made me come to grips with a lot of things I do not ever ever want to be around ever in my life.

Its sad that Detroit is such a big shiiyat hole. We pump billions into all these arab countries that just want to blow everything up yet we cannot fix our own cities within our own country.

Yeah OBAMA ...YES WE CAN'T..!!!

Thinking the D is a better place without you.

So what was the plan? Come into a city on the ropes, buy up the houses the bank stole from the residents, Set up drug houses and squeeze the lunch money from the kids at the schools you hate?

In the end your scam was a fail and now you are bitter. The Legacy of the GOP!

It would be more accurate for you to say..Yeah Obama, I Can't.

Edited by beourbud