Im a new member here and extremly pro-legalization. I used to be all for prohibition and believed all the lies and propaganda about marijuana until I had some exposure, once I learned the truth and discovered that I have been lied to for so long I began to dig deeper and learn about the injustice, the truth about the "War on drugs", and the massive amount of money we as a nation are flushing down the toilet through improsinment, court cost, and every other idiotic thing people do over a ignorant fear of a plant. I live in Kalamazoo and want to get involved in the effort to end prohibition and legalize marijuana, but I do not know where to go or if there are even groups I can talk to. I suffer from chronic knee pain but I can not use my preferred medicine (marijuana) becuse of work and future test for any upcomming employment possabilities. The fact that not only I but countless others are forced to either suffer or resort to synthetic and addictive drugs in the form of pills is in my opinion the resut of delusion and ignorance.

I am looking for people who can give me guidence on how to get more active in the fight for legalization. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Oldsoul87

Im a new member here and extremly pro-legalization. I used to be all for prohibition and believed all the lies and propaganda about marijuana until I had some exposure, once I learned the truth and discovered that I have been lied to for so long I began to dig deeper and learn about the injustice, the truth about the "War on drugs", and the massive amount of money we as a nation are flushing down the toilet through improsinment, court cost, and every other idiotic thing people do over a ignorant fear of a plant. I live in Kalamazoo and want to get involved in the effort to end prohibition and legalize marijuana, but I do not know where to go or if there are even groups I can talk to. I suffer from chronic knee pain but I can not use my preferred medicine (marijuana) becuse of work and future test for any upcomming employment possabilities. The fact that not only I but countless others are forced to either suffer or resort to synthetic and addictive drugs in the form of pills is in my opinion the resut of delusion and ignorance.

I am looking for people who can give me guidence on how to get more active in the fight for legalization. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

You've come to the right place. We are patients and caregivers whose aims are aligned with yours. Welcome nugget.

get in touch with the safer michigan group, you might be able to start a city wide petition to depenalize marijuana in kzoo. that would be cool.

otherwise there is 'the human solution' which supports marijuana court cases. they need volunteers to fill up courtrooms.

then theres marijuana policy project , the people who wrote our mmma law. i'm sure they like volunteers.

theres always the NORML or MInorml you can join up with.

a whole lot of groups to connect with and volunteer. call around a few grow stores and see which ones have the cannabis magazines, theres a couple non-profit organizations in those mags. or you can read some of the michigan marijuana publications here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/46858-list-of-michigan-mmj-radio-magazines-tv-shows-etc/

Edited by t-pain